The Flume

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.

i didn't no it's supposed to be from the 1600. There is no evidence of that and the GP don't no of such thing so I think it's cool :)
spark

I think theming wise the fact that England has become the place it has which at the moment is a joke that the theming is correct.
stokywolf

So Its a cool theme tough. I dont see what the big comotions about. does everything have to be SO CALLED exactly to theming???
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Anonymous

Depends on the area. Merrie England was harldy the most themed area in the park, Flume Unplugged is sort of tacked at and loosely fits. However for instannce if it was aprt of katanga Valley, it would be bad.
stokywolf

Just what i was thinking There isnt really a VERY STRONg them to Merrie England I find it one of the most suitable places for the ride especially with the Sponser
Philman

I do like Merry England because the atmospheare is really good (I dont know why though :? ) BUT I do think the themeing is a bit sparse and needs a bit more!
What a fad.
Adam

ME definatly needs a new theme. its old, nothing fits there anymore and the flume just looks like a stripper at a clothes show :D :D :D
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
phillipvass

Bring back Aqualand maybe?
Dave

the log flume DID have a theme. it was themed around a canadian looging thing wasnt it? with the waterslides they use to transport the logs. hence, log flume
Rekki

i didnt give the impression of a canadian logging operation to me, gave the impression of an old ride. i mean, if it was suppose to be that, i would have expected a lil more themeing to show it, like a lumberjack, canadian flags and a few beavers :)
Adam

it could be quite easily turned into a make beleife type land. with the themeing and music of flume bright and upbeat. All the rides could be re-themed also i think Katanga Canyon should joing forces with ME to make one huge land!! :D :D :D
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
dafyd

[quote=""assume the position""]the log flume DID have a theme. it was themed around a canadian looging thing wasnt it? with the waterslides they use to transport the logs. hence, log flume[/quote]

That's what original Log Flumes represented, but I doubt the AT one was really themed aroung a Canadian logging operation...
ShadowTD

[quote="".:Adam:.""]it could be quite easily turned into a make beleife type land. with the themeing and music of flume bright and upbeat. All the rides could be re-themed also i think Katanga Canyon should joing forces with ME to make one huge land!! :D :D :D[/quote]

I like the idea of 'make believe' or something bright and cartoony - bright colours, oversized 'stuff'. This would fit in with the flume and make the area hang together a little better. Given the teacups and whatnot, how's about 'Carnival Creek'? or something like that (can't think of a better word than creek with this hangover!)? And didn't ME and KC used to be one giant area called Aqualand anyway?
stokywolf

Aye one giant land Called aqualand the sign still lives on (if some people know what im on about and seen whats out there (xfiles tune))
The log flume needed funkieng upb4 they totally abolished it :cry:
Satch

Mardi-Gras Queendom would be a good theme. Camp, fits in with the rubber duckies, and it offers a multitude of ideas. id look forward to seeing Liz walking around dressed in drag, hotpants etc. the teapots - the Kylie ride, spinning around...
Dave

That's what original Log Flumes represented, but I doubt the AT one was really themed aroung a Canadian logging operation...

then why logs? why not boats, or swans, or whails, the fact it was a flume, with logs on is a pretty good sign it was themed around a canadian logging operation
Ketchup

All log Flumes are traditional logs! It is tradition. I've seen ones themed around tropical places, like the one at BGT.
Chris
Admin
Admin

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Swarm Chris

British back garden shed engineering at it's finest!

Hmm, I live right next to a canal... :-k
ProfBurp

Absolutely brilliant! He’s done a great job, even sourcing the same paint colour!