Rita: AquaTrax rumour...

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

...so where is all this stuff about AguaTrax coming from and is there any evidence to back it up.

I for one would love to see a new water ride at AT but I doubt this will happen,

You views please :) ...
Ron_Mc_Don

[quote=""Ron_Mc_Don""]I just wanted to point out one thing to those people who still think that it could be an aqua trax. Aqua trax are powered by lims the only coaster that is powered by hydraulics and cables it the accelerator(Rocket) coaster.
Also an aqua trax would struggle to get the kind of turnover that alton towers need.

Therefore it is not going to be an aqua trax[/quote]

O.K :!: :?:

But some people out there still believe that it could be (i think).......

Any of you wanna post why you think what you think.

>and my I add, when my new topic recieve rejection, I go to my sad place :cry:

I think the whole aqua trax idea came about because when info first came out about RITA it was suggested she was a ride for another park that got canceled - and people assumed it could be the canceled aqua trax for heide park.

Also when construction started the amount of soil being moved and the large concrete tubes to some people suggested an aqua trax.

I believe that should answer ur question in a more friendly way.

Not that i'm suggesting RITA is an aqua trax
bohoboy

on another note there is only 1 aqua trax coaster in the world and yes it uses LIMs for a launch, however there is nothing to suggest that the launch mechanism cannot be changed.
Satch

oh christ, ill just shut up next time. i started these rumours this time around because i was speculating about how good it would be if it were aquatrax. i of all people no nothing extra about what Rita will be. all i know is what i read on here. Rita is not an aqua trax all the evidence says so. people, please stop thinking it is.

although i do agree with Bohoboy. the only aquatrax in the world currently uses LIM, but it could be developed to use a different launch. just saying
Williscroft

although i do agree with Bohoboy. the only aquatrax in the world currently uses LIM, but it could be developed to use a different launch. just saying
Wouldnt that then make it a worlds first :?:
Satch

probably, but its not going to happen anyway. although since the mechanism has already been used, probably not, since the rest of the ride is just track. ie it would be a rocket coaster with water
Satch

i think this highlights the fact that people need to recognise the difference between fact, speculation, ideas and just plain thinking aloud. when the truth about Rita is revealed, we will know about it. until then we shall continue to go round and round in circles if people see fact where there is only fiction
Dave

those concreat tubes are foundations anyway

i know that - i was just pointing out some peoples opinions when they first saw them
Jamie P

Professional Web Designer
Ron_Mc_Don

[quote=""Jamie P""]its not agua, its maroon http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/co ... ction3.htm[/quote]

No one ever said it was an aqua trax is a type of coaster. http://www.rcdb.com/id1646.htm

The only place i can see a good aqua trax going is where the flume is now that would be good flying through the trees then splash down into the lake. (You would have to get rid of the flume first though)
Sazzle

(You would have to get rid of the flume first though)
I for one could live without it if they were prepared to install something along the lines of SF10 ;)

I must admit though, that Aqua Trax is the only coaster that's had me think *Wow*, the themeing is amazing on it!

I'd much prefer to see the Woodie before anything else :P