Alton Towers 40th Anniversary in 2020

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Dom

Given how much Merlin enjoy recycling ideas I imagine we will see something similar to what Thorpe Park are doing. No real celebration (That we know off) and just release some merchandise in its actual birthday month so they can cash in on the idea of their birthday :sus:
Justin

I really hope not. That merchandise is not the greatest, in my opinion!

Personally, I'd like to see some extended openings till 9pm in the summer months, perhaps with some live entertainment or concerts on the lawns. Something like the summer shows at Warwick, but with the Towers would be nice too!
Robert.W

The merch for Thorpe Parks’s 40th looks very good. And it’s undoubtedly been very popular by the looks of it, so it would be great if Alton Towers have a similar range of retro stuff for their 40th next year. 

Late night openings in the summer would be fantastic. They could maybe pair that up with a special anniversary entertainment offering like a projection show on the Towers or a concert on the lawns. Or both. No doubt we’ll see the return of the cake and bunting on Towers Street. If they’re feeling generous, maybe we’ll see some new decorations added to the recurring lineup of current ones :P. Presumably there’ll be no new attractions, but they’ll advertise it as being more of an event based year like what Thorpe Park are doing this year – by no means a bad thing.

Dom

In an ideal world I'd love late night openings with a special show happening the nights its open late. I would love a few decorations around the park and a celebration in the resort hotels. New special edition merchandise would also be cool as Thorpe's do look so good!
Dan

Whatever Alton do for their 40th birthday, I hope it’s better than what Thorpe have decided to put on.

I think that the very least we should get is Towers Street all decorated with the big birthday cake at the bottom, some specific merchandise like Thorpe have done (which I very much approve of) and I would expect the Fireworks show to be based around the park's birthday. I would also love to see a sharp rise in park-wide entertainment, but that involves spending money, and we all know just how much Merlin love to do that.
Coaster Chall

On top of that, I do wanna see at least a CCL refurbishment or some kind of new ride which will one up on Thorpe Park at least. I'd like a flat ride but I've a feeling that it could be a CCL refurbishment if anything.
Coaster Chall

Also, is it just me or does anyone else wanna see Easter receive the returning "Chocolate Towers" event. I thought that would be good for the anniversary. Bringing back previous events.
Zach

The 40th Anniversary is very nearly upon us, lots happening but now you can build your own 40th anniversary map, with interesting options..... 

https://www.altontowers.com/40-years/model-my-map/
abigsmurf

Underground coaster and indoor watercoaster as "would you like" options, how very specific and in line with what the park could realistically build with their restrictions.

The latter would be great, bolstering the parks need for a clear family coaster and water ride in one.
Chris
Admin
Admin

I feel like that was also some kind of indirect questionnaire? Definitely all for Ripsaw returning! :lol
Coaster Chall

There was a lot of interesting options...
I think this is a slight tease at projects they were looking into and projects they could go ahead with in the future.

An indoor water coaster in X Sector would be fantastic as a replacement to Oblivion, when its time comes. Great way to revitalise that site and it would also probably lead to filling in Submission's site and the replacement/relocation of Enterprise.

The 20 looper was a bit OTT though aha.

#NemesisStillStanding
theparklifekid

What if, and hear me out on this. These options were all just friendly scarcastic banter, which has absolutly nothing to do with future developments???

Crazy I know.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Coaster Chall

That will probably be the case yeah.
Michelle

theparklifekid wrote:What if, and hear me out on this. These options were all just friendly scarcastic banter, which has absolutly nothing to do with future developments???

Crazy I know.
I don't know, it's not unusual for them to ask for opinions that they then flat out ignore and just put in new upcharges anyway.
I'd like a new indoor water coaster though so here's hoping ;)