Towers Street

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Evostance

I've been browsing a lot of the construction archives and photos, and after TT's last Facebook post about the entrance plaza getting a refurb it had me thinking.

When is Towers Street going to be brought out of the 80's?

Compared to the rest of the park, Towers Street looks like a dilapidated street that never gets anything but a fresh coat of paint, and since this is the first thing people see when visiting the park, its not exactly got a lot of wow factor.
Nickolai

What things could be done to improve it?
Formally Smiler313
TheBeornen

I like towers street, it's like Main Street USA at the Disney parks and also it's so iconic.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
Nickolai

Same here TheBeornen, I think Towers Street has everything you want.
Formally Smiler313
Robert.W

Towers Street certainly is not dilapidated. And especially since the Towers Loving Care scheme began, the area has been looking better than it has for a long long time. The new brighter colour scheme matches the parks current marketing, and the more simple, yet still beautiful style of the architecture frames the view of the Towers perfectly, without being too distracting. 

ROYJESS

I love Tower Street as it is 
Stan.H

Towers Street this season looks pretty amazing compared to previous years after the TLC paint over, making it much more colourful and vibrant! I don't think it needs changing if anything maybe a new dining option there and more of an effort to make sure that the refill station is open (as I've only seen it open twice)! 
Robert.W

Stan.H wrote:Towers Street this season looks pretty amazing compared to previous years after the TLC paint over, making it much more colourful and vibrant! I don't think it needs changing if anything maybe a new dining option there and more of an effort to make sure that the refill station is open (as I've only seen it open twice)! 
Yep, I've got to agree! It would be nice to see Towers Street Bar refurbished, and open more often, and I definitely agree with opening the Coca-Cola Refill Station more often as I've actually never seen it open before! 

The only major suggestion of improvement for Towers Street now is that the Admissions Plaza monorail station now looks so out of place. It'd be nice to see the TLC continue next year with the repainting of that, however unlikely it is to actually happen. :)

Morgan

Don't get me wrong, I love colour, but I can't help but feel that the updated Towers St feels a bit garish. I think it's the block colours which makes it a bit too bright and cheap feeling. Hopefully they'll add some more detail and shading when they get the chance.
AndreJD

The only thing I'd say is it looks a bit 'low rent' when compared with other parks that have a more Mainstreet USA scale. It would cost a huge amount to re-do though and I'm not sure how much value it would add.
Justin

I have no problem with Towers Street. It is certainly in a better state than it was before TLC begun. What we must remember is Alton is a UK theme park. It has charm and heritage, something which other parks lack. They certainly need to sort out Towers Street Bar and Grill, along with Hot Dogs but other than that, it is clean and fresh!