The Alton Towers Park Map

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
AltonOperator

In other news, the full resort map hasn't been updated in years so doesn't include cbeebies hotel. It's annoying me
Thanks Jack
Dan

AltonOperator wrote:In other news, the full resort map hasn't been updated in years so doesn't include cbeebies hotel. It's annoying me
CBeebies Land Hotel only opened last year. I imagine we’ll see it on this year’s resort map.
TheBeornen

Do we have any idea when the new map will be revealed? I'm looking forward to seeing the Wicker Man theme like what they've done in recent years with other new rides.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
AltonOperator

TheBeornen wrote:Do we have any idea when the new map will be revealed? I'm looking forward to seeing the Wicker Man theme like what they've done in recent years with other new rides.
I've been checking daily but nothing yet. At the latest we'll see it on Saturday for opening. I'd have thought someone at services day would have posted a picture of it to social media but I can't find anything yet.
Thanks Jack
TheBeornen

AltonOperator wrote:
TheBeornen wrote:Do we have any idea when the new map will be revealed? I'm looking forward to seeing the Wicker Man theme like what they've done in recent years with other new rides.
I've been checking daily but nothing yet. At the latest we'll see it on Saturday for opening. I'd have thought someone at services day would have posted a picture of it to social media but I can't find anything yet.
Ok thanks anyways, do you think it could be shown at Friday's press event?

Be Chosen...
AltonOperator

TheBeornen wrote: Ok thanks anyways, do you think it could be shown at Friday's press event?
Possibly yes. We may only get a photo of it rather than the PDF on the website though. It's definitely been available earlier in the past
Thanks Jack
TheBeornen

AltonOperator wrote:
TheBeornen wrote: Ok thanks anyways, do you think it could be shown at Friday's press event?
Possibly yes. We may only get a photo of it rather than the PDF on the website though. It's definitely been available earlier in the past
Yeah I'm guessing we would get the PDF once the park has officially open.

Be Chosen...
Robert.W

This years park map captured from the latest AltonTLC update!
I think it looks pretty good! :)

AltonOperator

WOW! I love it! Wickerman looks epic. Can you make out what area it is in?
Thanks Jack
Robert.W

Considering they've labelled it using the ride category's rather than themed areas this year, I think they're trying hard to avoid the subject of exactly where the ride is officially located. I presume it'll be in Mutiny Bay, unless they stick with "near Mutiny Bay", in which case, I guess we'll not know...

Stan.H

The map for this season looks pretty promising! Hoping the reverse side is nice and Wicker 'Manny' !
AltonOperator

I agree that they're probably trying to avoid the question of what area it's in.

The areas around Wicker Man look a bit odd. The headlining or new ride is always exaggerated on the map and this has clearly happened again but it means that Mutiny Bay is tiny and looks very squished. Katanga Canyon also looks a little odd as the Rapids look far longer than they have done in the past.
I'd have thought Duel would have been highlighted as newly refurbished or something as Alton loves to pretend they've got loads of new stuff going on but there doesn't seem to be a single mention.

Twirling Toadstool does not appear to be returning and CCL in general is tiny and completely dwarfed by the surrounding X-Sector and Dark Forest, which makes sense really because there's not really anything there.

Overall I like the look of the new map as it is busier than last year but may take a bit of getting used to with the realigning of the various lands.
Thanks Jack
Robert.W

Yeah, now you have pointed that out AltonOperator, it does seem like the surrounding areas to Wicker Man look a bit squashed up, especially the Rapdis, where the path that would normally lead to the centre of the Katanga island seems to just bypass the entire area and go straight to Gloomy Wood! It's definitely not inaccurate to the point that it's difficult to use, but it's interesting to see. 

I too am also quite surprised that they don't seem to be over advertising Duel, though I guess it could be mentioned somewhere and it's just impossible to see with how blurry this map is. And of course, it may be that they just want to focus completely on Wicker Man being new this year.

I've also got to laugh at how it seems with every year that passes, The Smiler gets slowly bigger and bigger again, haha!

AltonOperator

Yes, The Smiler does get bigger even though they refrain from using it in any marketing. We all know why this is but you’d have thought that if they try to hide it on the website and in marketing then they wouldn’t try to highlight it so much on the map.
Thanks Jack
Robert.W

I'm guessing they don't want to use The Smiler too much in any mainstream marketing incase of scaring off potential visitors or upsetting the poor people who were involved in the crash, but once guests are in the park, I think they feel more comfortable showing the ride off a bit more again as any people who do visit the park probably have made the decision to visit very aware of what happened on The Smiler, but are still people who trust the park that something like that won't happen again on any of the rides there. 

AltonOperator

Yes fair enough.
Well the map looks brilliant and I can’t wait for the pdf so we can analyse it in further detail!
Thanks Jack
TheDuke

Just saw it on instagram, I really like it but then again I really like all the maps they realise apart from the really basic ones they had a while back
Robert.W

TowersTimes have posted the map on their Twitter. It's much higher quality than the picture I posted earlier. It says that Wicker Man is located "near Mutiny Bay". 

TheBeornen

Wow this years map looks absolutely great.

Be Chosen...
Phild94

The map does look great, aside from one small thing....
The wickerman looks like a disgruntled dog!

Credit to TTSP FB for the original