Discord?

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Bert

I see so many members on here who have Discord, and I have been thinking maybe it's worth the community getting its own Discord server. 

It would help so many members contact each other really easily instead of having to use another Discord server or using the website's PM system, allowing for chat outside the forum, A more casual chat which is bigger than the Shoutbox.

Also for those not in the know, Discord is a text and voice chat service, completely free with no ads, and people can chat. 

I have spoken to it with many members in the past, and one concern I've heard is that the team does not have time required to run and manage a Discord server, I'll offer my help if this is the case and I'm sure a couple of members who are familiar with Discord could help out too whilst still remaining in the community guidelines.

Thanks for reading. 

Any queries/concerns anyone might have about Discord feel free to DM me.
[Insert Signature Here]
Adz
Admin
Admin

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. We used to run a full chat room service in addition to the forum and shoutbox, whilst initially popular this eventually could not sustain itself so we discontinued it.

We have also previously had a community based Skype group which had the same eventual outcome.

Our current focus is around enhancing the existing discussion and generating more on our core community forum, so we wouldn’t be looking to introduce any external systems for the foreseeable future.

Of course our position on that may change and we’ll happily review it if that time comes.
AltonOperator

Adz wrote:Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. We used to run a full chat room service in addition to the forum and shoutbox, whilst initially popular this eventually could not sustain itself so we discontinued it.

We have also previously had a community based Skype group which had the same eventual outcome.

Our current focus is around enhancing the existing discussion and generating more on our core community forum, so we wouldn’t be looking to introduce any external systems for the foreseeable future.

Of course our position on that may change and we’ll happily review it if that time comes.
Would you be terribly against someone starting a 'Friends of TTSP' Discord server? It would be completely unaffiliated and would take no effort from the team here. Just an idea
Thanks Jack
Capt.Barnacles

I think the idea of being unaffiliated is not using the name or branding. There are plenty of theme park based discord servers. Just need to know where to look.

Long and short of it is that if the team wanted a Discord server setting up for TTSP, there would be one by now. Take it from someone who moderates a server for a different forum, it's something you need to be willing to devote time to keeping an eye on when you're helping run it and the team that run this site have enough of their time taken up running the site.
Chris
Admin
Admin

We think the current social channels and various ways to interact are sufficient for now.