2017 - My Summary

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
DeadJack5

[align=center]2017 - My Summary[/align]

Since 2018 is nearly upon us, what better way to celebrate entering the new year than summarising 2017!

What have been your highlights throughout the year? Visiting new parks? Attending TTSP events? Making new friends within the community? It can be anything to sum up the year you've had.

Also what are you looking forward to in 2018? I'm sure with the amount of new rides, events and more yet to come, this new season is going to be one to remember.

For me, 2017 has been the most exciting for me, I attended my first TTSP event, made some incredible new friends and some memories that I'll remember for the future. As well as this, I got to experience Derren Brown's Ghost Train for the first time, ventured into my first Scare maze and got to follow a new roller coaster's construction (SW8) from it's start til it's near completion. It's been specular and thank you to everyone who I've met via this forum for the great year.

In 2018, I'll be heading out to Phantasialand for the first time for their winter event. My first theme park abroad and I cannot wait! As well as this, SW8 will be opening which I'm exited for as the time ticks ever closer, X will have a new retheme to which I see as promising and being able to visit the parks again will be as good as ever.

I hope 2017 has been as good for you as it has been for me and would like to see what your highlights were. See you in the safe zone ;)
Jack

This year has been an emotional one, and one that I have also loved. I left the country for the first time in 12 years, I got my first ever job, I saw bands I never thought I'd see live, I continued to share memories made with all of the wonderful people I've met through TTSP in the past and also some new people too. This has been a near perfect year for me, and apart from some upsetting moments it's been the best year of my life. To be perfectly honest, I have to thank everyone who has been at the TowersTimes SouthParks events for that, everybody been amazing and treated me so well through the years, you guys absolutely amazing, and I hope to see everyone at every event next year!

As for next year, it starts with a bang as I'm going to Phantasialand for a second time (Weird that Deadjack5 is going as well, almost like it was planned :-k ), and possibly looking into many other theme parks. I'll be seeing more live music, starting with Alestorm in February (Anyone who happens to go to the Manchester show, we should meet up and sing through the shanty's together!) and hopefully some festivals. I'll continue working at a job I enjoy. And of course to top it all off, I will be attending every amazing TTSP event that is on next year.

Here's to an amazing 2018 and the memories of a brilliant 2017!