ScareMazing 2017 - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
Tom

Thank you to everyone who attended our 2017 ScareMazing event at Alton Towers Resort!

We'd love to hear your thoughts about the day, whether there are things you particularly enjoyed or any suggestions that we could consider for future events, do let us know.
Lhayze

Firstly, I want to give a big thank you to all involved!

This was my first event and I couldn't have expected anything better, except maybe the weather :roll:
I have nothing to compare it too but I would say the day went really smooth... The right amount of 'free' time, knew what was happening and where to be at what time, didn't feel like anything was delayed and it was organised very well!

My only fault with the event, is the cost... Too cheap!!!!
It was only £1.50 extra than standard pricing of the mazes! I don't know how you can justify such low price :D
I would have felt comfortable paying £50 for such great event!

Overall I had a great experience, very friendly yet felt very professional!

Thank you and happy Halloween! :p)
Liam.W

This was my first scaremazing and it was absolutely fantastic! The behind the scenes were very fun and informative. I don't know how we managed to get lost in a lights on maze... :lol The talks were also very interesting. To say how many talks we have had over the years, each one is somehow unique and non-repetitive (I'd love to see a talk from the maintenance team wink wink nudge nudge). The Blade take over was very fun. TOWERS.... TIMES.... JOHN.... WARLDEY....

And I'd also like to thank everyone who went for providing some brilliant company, and thanks to those who got me through my first scare maze! (I loved it by the way!)
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

JonDoesTT

Fantastic event, definitely the best line-up so far. Doing the mazes was great, and the BTS Tours were fantastic, really enjoyed the Sub Species one. The talks were good as well, even though they weren't able to tell us anything new about SW8. ;)
The price for the event was, as usual, perfect. The prices of the mazes themselves is a bit much, but its a completely justifiable price with the addition of the BTS tours & talks. And of course it's always much better to do the mazes this way than to do them normally.

Only thing I could suggest is an ERT of some kind. Always a highlight of any event, and because of the queues & general time restraints of the day, it was hard to do more than a few rides.

Other than that, though, fantastic event & I can't wait for the next. :D

Credit to NemesisRider
Zach

Firstly, a special thanks to the team who put aside there own time to create and make these events what they have become! Amazing event, start to finish timed, run and operated smoothly and efficiently to get the most out of our day. Tours and run throughs worked perfectly, they are the best way to experience a day one park for that added fun! 

Secondly the company, all you amazing forum members, friends and family, these events wouldn’t be the same without you! Keep coming and let’s keel making fantastic days out. 

:moj
DeadJack5

Firstly, I would just like to say thank you to the whole team for the event. It's been such a fantastic event to be a part of and to experience. From the BTS of Sub Species and seeing the routes in the light, to learning about The Welcoming. The maze runs were immense, big thanks to the actors for making the runs so intense but so enjoyable. I never thought I would be cornered by multiple actors fearing for my sanity on my own but laughing at the same time :lol It was a jam packed day and honestly it's been superb, again thank you to the TTSP team for organising this event as it went off fantastically.

As others have said, half of the fun wouldn't have been had without the other members who attended. It's been great to speak more and spend the day enjoying the rides and mazes together. This whole weekend has been so special and remarkable, I didn't want it to end. This whole community is great and feels like one big family and that's what makes it so special

Roll on 2018 for the new season and events. I'm already looking forward to it!
Luce

I'd also like to say a huge thanks to the team for organising such a fab event and I had an amazing time yesterday. There were many highlights from an insight into how Scarefest is planned to the BTSs of the mazes - all really interesting and I especially loved my run through in Sub Species. Even after seeing it with the lights on, it was so easy to get lost but it was such fun and my favourite maze this year.

Also a massive thanks to everyone who made it so memorable and it was the great company which like others have said, makes these days so awesome as well. I loved meeting new faces and catching up with everyone again but shame the theme park season is almost done for this year.

Roll on the next event! :)
Chris_c_4
Team
Team

Like everyone else, I had a great time at the event - a massive thanks to the team and everyone who made the event possible!

The BTS on House of Monsters, Sub Species and The Welcoming were very interesting -  it was great to see the mazes in a different way and having different features and concepts explained. 
The run-throughs of the mazes were good fun, made better by the more intense performance, smaller group sizes and by the company of everyone in the groups.
Also the talks/Q&As were very insightful (I especially enjoyed Wayne's SW8 presentation!) It was clear how much passion the staff had for what they do.

Again, massive thanks to everyone who made the day run as smoothly and professionally as it did, roll on the next one!
Owen

Absolute fantastic event. My favourite by a mile! Absolutely loved the behind the scenes but my Mine Tours run through was the highlight for me, after going through as a pair and on my own for a portion I can say that I wish they did face it alones!

As usual though it’s the people, and I’m so happy I managed to talk to a bunch of new faces this time around!

Thanks to the fantastic team once again, this one was really awesome. :)
Lj040988

I'm just going to repeat what the others have said, a great big massive thank you to all who organised and ran the day. Another absolutely brilliant event.
Particularly enjoyed the BTS of House of monsters, especially when we wandered around the "outside" of the maze. Just brought into greater perspective the amount of work that goes into the actual building of these things!
Thank you for making me feel so welcome, no more fears about coming on my own from now on, and hopefully see you all more next year :-)
NemesisRider

Another exceptional event from TTSP! Definitely my favourite Scaremazing so far - also I think possibly our most packed schedule in TTSP event history! :P

BTS on Sub Species and House of Monsters was very interesting to start off the day. I found looking around Sub Species especially interesting, as I had no idea it was as complex and well themed a maze as it is! There were so many routes that we got lost with lights on :lol Super cool to see the alien ending return this year too. Also, doing the mazes was great as usual. Sub Species was once again my favourite, though it was cool doing all of them with some of my closest TTSP friends. I liked how even with the milder mazes like Terror of the Towers we were in smaller groups to up the intensity a bit. 

The talk was super informative and it’s always nice to get a bit of a sneak peak regarding SW8! I left knowing a lot more about the design process of Merlin rides than I knew going in. It was intriguing to hear about maze conceptualisation, specifically for The Welcoming, and how they linked it with the new ride. 

Our run through and BTS on The Welcoming was also great fun - quite nice to see the place where we were scrabbling around with bags on our heads in the daylight ;)

Rides in the dark and takeovers to conclude the day is always great. The park is beautiful in the dark, and I’m not going to turn down a Nemesis night ride with TTSP! 

Bring on 2018 and maybe an SW8 event! :)
Dom

I had a blast! The BTS were so fascinating. The fact they let us pretty much go round the first part on our own looking at stuff and wandering through the actor runs and actually accidently scaring each other was hilarious. People came from here there and everywhere. It was so strnage seeing it from a different perspective. The House of Monsters BTS was just amazing! Its amazing how simple everything is in the attraction. When you do the actual attraction it looks a lot more complex than it actually is and its great that they get such amazing tricks and skills with such simple tricks. Its just stunning. And the fact we confused Wolfboy/man while holding a kettle by being in the attraction before it opened was just so random but so funny.

As always, the team behind the events work their bottoms off and I thank them for being so amazing. Without their work, people wouldn't get such awesome events. Also a massive thank you to everyone who came along. Sorry i didn't speak to many of you this time round.
Dan

SMN was great.

That is all :lol

The BTS tours were very interesting (I certainly didn't realise House of Monsters is essentially a wooden box) and it was a nice opportunity to wander round Sub Species with the lights on.

The talk about SW8 was very interesting and it gave a great insight into the timeline and planning that goes into developing/building a new attraction.
It was also nice of them to show us some exclusive shots from across the construction site.

As usual, the best thing about the event was the people. You guys are amazing (thanks to Alice for the cookehs) and I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend at a park.

Finally, thanks to the team for organising another cracker!
NemeJaney

Thank you so much for all who organised this! It was my favourite event yet. 

I particularly enjoyed the fact that there were plenty of non-ride exclusives in the first half, so we could all keep our energy for night rides and not be whizzing from place to place too much throughout the day, making it easier to organise our own time and keep out of the cold (until the dark hours, when it didn't matter anyway because of the atmosphere).
I think we were all pleasantly surprised at the double-talk, learning more than we expected to learn at this stage about SW8. Thank you to Wayne and Towers!
There were many other exciting highlights but the above ones stuck out for me.

Thank you to everyone who came along. There was a fantastic turnout and everyone's happy energies were definitely buzzing around all day, which added to the magic.

Also I'd like to thank whoever stopped that massive storm hitting us, in spite of the forecasts :lol
Justin

I'm a little late to add my comments (what a week!), but as others have said,  thank you to the team for a smooth running day. It flew by and I can't believe it is all over already!

While the talks were interesting, not giving too much away either, it was nice once again to have access to Towers Lake View, especially with the themed entrance. I think this is something which goes unnoticed or unmentioned a lot of the time but to have that area as a base really is appreciated.  Mazes were good, especially with the small groups and behind the scenes were a welcomed bonus.
mol7030

What an event. We had such a good time - probably the best TTSP event we’ve ever done! The amount of organisation from the team is astounding- you guys do such a fantastic job. Loved the BTS and exclusive run throughs. We love the theming and attention to detail the mazes have- and these events provide such a good chance to take this in. All the mazes were new to us and we were genuinely terrified- ‘Sub Species’ (first group in, 5 of us) being a highlight. I also liked seeing how small the hooded section in ‘The Welcoming’ was in the BTS, thinking “ah that will be fine”... and then later in the run through suddenly not feeling so confident!

Can’t wait to do it all again!

MO’L
MO'L