Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Owen

Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park in Colorado have opened a brand new and terrifying attraction. You may know of this park as being the place with a giant swing that swings over 1300ft above the Colorado river, but this one looks even scarier!

Haunted Mine Drop is the worlds first drop ride to drop you 110ft underground through a mountain (Iron Mountain)!

The ride features a story including a fully themed queue and on-ride show scenes. Here's a quote from Attractions Magazine explaining this...
Attractions Magazine wrote:The ride experience begins in the queue, as guests step right into their first day working for the Glenwood Mining Corporation, which has recently reopened after a terrible mining accident over 100 years prior. Using the pepper’s ghost technique, a haunting visage appears to tell the true story behind the closing of the mine to riders.
Planning for the attraction began years ago with construction beginning in 2016. It is also the park's first fully themed experience!

Image credit to Attractions Magazine.

What makes this attraction truly terrifying is that you won't see the drop before you are travelling down it... oh and you're only held in by a seatbelt!

Image credit to Glenwood Caverns.

Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park wrote:Ready to give it a try this summer? As you walk inside the enclosed queue, you’ll feel like you’re entering a mine with narrative and characters that introduce the story line. Upon entering the ride, you’ll be seated, strapped in and entertained as ghostly miners appear and tell tales of a mining tragedy from long ago. You won’t realize that the floor has slid out from underneath you until you drop deep inside the mine shaft. More ghosts will appear at the bottom to continue the tale, and then the ride returns you to the main level for exit.
Glenwood have uploaded two videos about the experience, a shorter one can be found here as well as a slightly longer one featuring some on ride footage here!

Would you do this? I hate drop towers with a passion but I'd be tempted to try this one just for the experience!