Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Aidan Lowe

The way this tears around the track almost looks unreal because of the new design. I can't wait for PoV & reviews of this thing.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
XtremeCoasters Rick

Ladyofthelake wrote:Even with three trains though I do have some concerns regarding the ride's throughout with the trains being single file in design, I think it's goning to be a ride people are going to have to be prepared to queue a while to get on
I couldn't agree more. As great as Fiesta Texas ride ops were on my couple of visits, keeping the line constantly moving when you can only fit (I believe) 8 people per train is going to be a struggle. 
Last edited by XtremeCoasters Rick on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gentlemen, start your engines !!
Chris
Admin
Admin

They definitely need a Merlin bag room to remove those from the equation..
Ladyofthelake

We've been given the first look at the trains for Wonder Woman Golden Lasso in a Facebook Live video posted by the park earlier today.

I've managed to take a screenshot, which although not the best quality, gives a look at the train for those who may not be able to view the video:
I have to say that I do quite like the train design. It also looks like the train uses vest style restraints - it'll be interesting to see how generous these are for riders. One other thing you can see in the background of the video is part of the station design which features Greek style columns. It'll be interesting to see how far these theming details extend to the rest of the ride area and queue. 
Robert.W

Looks like quite a unique train design.. they just look a bit plasticky if you get what I mean.. not sure about it to be honest. Single file seating arrangement is interesting. They look comfy enough though. Especially as the coaster will hopefully be ultra smooth! :)

XtremeCoasters Rick

I quite like them, but am surprised they have what looks like over shoulder seat belts. RMC seem to be experimenting with a few different restraint designs right now. I wonder if they will have a lap seat belt as well?
abigsmurf

Looks like from leaving lift hill to brakes is about 45 seconds, Assuming extremely efficient train loading, you're looking at 575 people an hour. this ride is going to have some very long, slow moving queues. 

Could be the Achilles heel of this ride. How many E-ticket rides are able to get away with capacities that low? Not sure what the solution would be. Tighter Lap sitting arrangements? Future versions being designed as dueling? 
streetmagix

The thing is: this type of ride was never designed as a headline ride for a big park. It was designed for smaller parks (places like Drayton Manor or Flamingo Land) with the larger (2 seat wide) design for larger parks/chains like Cedar Fair and Six Flags.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Yes, it baffles me why both companies think that the ride will sit happily operating in two very busy parks.

Flashpass all the way..
XtremeCoasters Rick

The first real POV of Wonder Woman is up  :D 

[youtube]PMJGLDtY5PA[/youtube]
Aidan Lowe

:love It looks so smoooooooth. Throughput aside the single rail coaster really gets me excited for the future.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
MakoMania

I'm excited to see the two across models in the future which should have at least double the throughput.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
streetmagix

I would expect that the t-rex (or whatever they end up calling it) will be longer than 6 rows. Looking at Wildfire each train is 12 rows long, 24 riders per train. That seems more reasonable.