Travelling to/from European parks

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Stripes91

Hi all, 

Looking for some advice on how to get to/from some of Europe's best theme parks - any experience/advice you have would be personally appreciate, and I'm sure others would find it useful too!

I'm looking for information such as nearest airport, where to look for hotels, transfers between airport and resort area, suggested length of stay, any other nearby attractions (for example, local towns), etc.

I do drive, but not too keen on driving on the continent - so ideally looking for airport transfers, rail links and other public transport.

Thanks!
Burniel

Can't say I've done much European travelling myself, but this video does a great job of explaining things. It covers PortAventura, Liseberg, Disneyland Paris, Parc Asterix, Gardaland, Europa Park, Efteling, Phantasialand, Heide Park, Tivoli Gardens, Bakken, and Tayto Park. It's around 18 months old, so you'll need to do some research to check it's all still correct, but it'll give you the key details. You can get to pretty much any of the major parks by public transport with varying degrees of ease, with some of the parks closer to the city (notably Liseberg, Disneyland Paris, Tivoli and Bakken), being surprisingly simple. Europa Park and Tayto Park are probably the hardest on the list to get to via public transport, but it's all doable. :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Burrito

It all depends really on which park you'd want to visit? If you are still undecided I would suggest contemplating the following parks:

- Phantasialand
- PortAventura
- Europa Park
- Liseberg
- Parc Asterix
- Tivoli Gardens

Each park in the above list is fairly easy to travel to via flight & use of public transport.
Robert.W

Can I also add Efteling to that list, Burrito? I'm sure that is fairly well connected with train and bus services.