Wicker Man Area Speculation and Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
Dan

Wagstaff04 wrote:I think that only Gloomy Wood will be rethemed, with Duel perhaps being tweaked to say that the zombies are the corpses of the former ‘chosen ones’. 
I really don’t think Wicker Man will be in Gloomy Wood. Considering the entrance is directly opposite the Mutiny Bay Courtyard, it’ll be part of Mutiny Bay itself (whether we see any form of retheme or not).
Wagstaff04

Dan wrote:
Wagstaff04 wrote:I think that only Gloomy Wood will be rethemed, with Duel perhaps being tweaked to say that the zombies are the corpses of the former ‘chosen ones’. 
I really don’t think Wicker Man will be in Gloomy Wood. Considering the entrance is directly opposite the Mutiny Bay Courtyard, it’ll be part of Mutiny Bay itself (whether we see any form of retheme or not).
But the map says its in Gloomy Wood
Justin

I've shared my thoughts before, but I believe that we will see no retheme of Mutiny Bay. If any retheme takes place, I do agree that Gloomy Wood (Haunted Hollows) will be partly rethemed up to Duel and become part of Wicker Man. To be honest, I'm just expecting a visually spectacular ride which is not associated with any area.
Bert

I think now that MB courtyard and Wicker Man will just form it's own section of the park as a sub-area to Mutiny Bay. 

I think it'll be called something like 'The Woods' or 'Alton Village' or maybe even try and combine it with Gloomy Wood to form 'Alton Woods' but with The Tudor style half of Haunted Hollow and Duel then The Pagan style half with Wicker Man and the MB Courtyard.
[Insert Signature Here]
Wagstaff04

Then what will happen to Katanga Canyon?
Justin

The Haunted Hollows could easily be rethemed with a similar style to what is currently seen in 'The Welcoming'.
Wagstaff04 wrote:Then what will happen to Katanga Canyon?
Nothing. It will remain the same.
Jcoaster

Justin wrote:The Haunted Hollows could easily be rethemed with a similar style to what is currently seen in 'The Welcoming'.
Wagstaff04 wrote:Then what will happen to Katanga Canyon?
Nothing. It will remain the same.
I think the haunted hollows rethemed is most likely if anything as it runs alongside the area of the coaster and would be simple to dress it up a bit and be a good excuse to update a dated attraction in my opinion
Wagstaff04

It’ll be weird though, with these two areas being connected then a completely different one in between. 
Justin

Owen wrote: Image
When I posted before, Owen produced this. It is more contained than you think :)
Wagstaff04

Huh... guess so. 
Owen

To be honest I did produce that in order to show why I didn’t think it’d work. To me it just seems like its a very odd ‘area’ considering you won’t see it’s headline attraction for what 60% of it.

Personally I’m anticipating either the front strip of pavement outside Wicker Man and the courtyard may become a sub-area of Mutiny Bay, then themed audio running up the new path until you are a decent distance away from the ride!
Justin

Owen wrote:To be honest I did produce that in order to show why I didn’t think it’d work. To me it just seems like its a very odd ‘area’ considering you won’t see it’s headline attraction for what 60% of it.

Personally I’m anticipating either the front strip of pavement outside Wicker Man and the courtyard may become a sub-area of Mutiny Bay, then themed audio running up the new path until you are a decent distance away from the ride!
Yeah, you did but I do believe the picture also demonstrates how it could work ;)
I'm ruling out Mutiny Bay, only because it still houses 'The Welcoming' in the courtyard (which may still open) and the number of attractions which will have to be rethemed.
Wagstaff04

The sudden TLC of Duel has got me thinking. Does this add evidence to a potential retheme of Gloomy Wood, or will it just be to please the growing number of people travelling down that path?
Bert

Wagstaff04 wrote:The sudden TLC of Duel has got me thinking. Does this add evidence to a potential retheme of Gloomy Wood, or will it just be to please the growing number of people travelling down that path?
If anything this has the opposite effect on GW, The refurb will continue Duel's life into the future.
That is unless they pull an Ice Age or X refurb on us...
[Insert Signature Here]
Loakin

TowersStreet has tweeted these pictures, showing the complete removal of The Welcoming, and a slight retheme to the Mutiny Bay Area, surround the Wicker Man plaza area. Good move, or not?
ImageImageImage

This can suggest that Wicker Man is infact part of Mutiny Bay, or its own sub-area. Highly doubt it will be part of Gloomy Wood.
Jack

Loakin wrote:Image
But what...is it? Is it meant to impale geeks running to it on opening day or be a medieval  AT-AT from Star Wars? :lol
DeadJack5

It does seem like a strange theming object to have...

Also in regards to what area Wicker Man is situated in, on the advertising posters for the ride its advertised as "Near Mutiny Bar" which I agree with.
Justin

Yes, it appears Wicker Man is part of its own area with the games stalls offering a transition between the two areas. We won't truly know until the map is released though.
chrisgeorgiou46

I have never understood all of the questions about whether the ride fits into Mutiny Bay or not. I just think back to all of the Pirates of the Caribbean films, especially the second one with the cannibal island, where they try to roast Jack Sparrow for dinner. It can still be a pirates area, and the Wicker Man is just one of those destinations within the area. Pirates were around when this kinda sacrificial stuff was going on, right? I think it works as one of those pirate myths. If they plopped down Galactica in this area then there would definitely be a problem, but the differences aren't too vast in my opinion. Also, the GP don't care. I really really don't want this to become a Swarm island situation, where the ride is just left on its own.

There is no way they are going to keep that piece of theming with the pitchforks. Maybe they are trolling health and safety. We're going to have a wooden roller coaster with fire shooting everywhere, and we're also going to have pitchforks at ground level aimed at people on picnic tables. Fun for the entire family.

I hope there is something cool in that maintenance shed, but I am super happy with what has been built and somehow I don't think trapping people under lapbars inside a burning room will go down well, so maybe less is more. I hope this helps AT recover some of its negative publicity, and I especially hope that the media stop doing segments on the new ride and then focus 80% of the time on The Smiler accident. I'm excited for POVs and all of your in depth reviews.
Phild94

Loakin wrote:Image
Whilst I do like the look of these columns, I hope they put some bunting between them as they do look a little out of place at the moment!

But I do like the Wicker statue, but it’s in an odd place, pushed right up to the seating area. It would look far better in a corner of the courtyard