Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
RubyGaga

The theming looks so great, I cant wait to see what they do throughout the queue line/ station!
PhNx Survivor

Well doesn't that look good! Not gonna lie, I can't wait to walk through the new route under the lift, different angle of the ride for great photography!

Like Dom said, the signage is simple but very effective! cant wait to see this beast at night for Scarefest!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
T0mPr1ce

Looks as though they have painted the steel beams in the support structure. Another small but nice detail they've seen to, those steel beams were very obvious and looked quite out of place.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Indeed - very nice touch.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Earlier this evening, the Learn To Fly At Tatenhill Airfield Facebook page posted an aerial photo from today, although I can't see anything new of significance in it.

Robert.W

I haven't before noticed the attention to detail with the roof of the ride shop, very nice! :)

Phild94

I love this aerial view but I have to say that the queueline doesn’t look particularly long. Might cause a serious issue with customers queuing outside the gates through to Mutiny Bay

EDIT: As a side note I’m a little concerned about the lack of extractor fans on the maintenance shed roof. If this were to be used for any form of smoke effects I thought they would be necessary by building regulations
Robert.W

Yeah, the queue does look a bit on the short side compared to some of the others. It might be that some of the queue goes into the trees perhaps. :)

Capt.Barnacles

The trees are obscuring several parts of the queue in this photo. Believe me, the queue is very very long in terms of distance walked. Considering it loops around almost the entire site towards the latter half, with a part in the middle of the big turnaround, as well as all those areas by the entrance.
PhNx Survivor

Depending on what type of effect, you don't necessarily need extractor fans, plus there are different type of extractor fans other than roof installations, could be on a wall, or joining into another room to be extracted there instead, in the ground to be extracted via a pipe outside..

I don't necessarily think that they'll use smoke effects though.. be a bit weird, like someone said.. in a room, can't get out.. burning.. think people might frown upon it lol
Bert

It turns out Scruffy Dog are working on Wicker Man.

https://twitter.com/ScruffyDogLtd/status/951060742987550720
[Insert Signature Here]
ATI

What's scruffy dog?
We were born to fly...
Bert

ATI wrote:What's scruffy dog?
They are a theming company who have worked on projects with Merlin in the past, One of the most notable examples being I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here:The Maze at Thorpe. They've also worked with Europa Park, Disney and Universal. 
[Insert Signature Here]
JenRawrRizzle

Not a fan of the cheapo pine-like fencing around the whole ride. Plus the finish of the wood is much lighter than the dark wood of the ride itself which looks really nice. I hope they add some glowy red lights or something inside the sound tunnels, that would make them a bit more interesting. 
Robert.W

I've head on other forums that the tunnels will have smoke effects, so that's something at least! The wood fencing around the ride should get a bit darker in time as it is exposed to the weather, so will match the rest of the ride hopefully at some point.

By the way, welcome to the forum! :)

Tom170499

I really hope that all the new paths stay open to guests. It will improve access and flow so much. 
PhNx Survivor

I'm sure it will all be open at first, but eventually.. like how Th13teen is, they will close off the parts due to numbers.. I can see the queues being similar to Th13teen after a season or 2 goes by.. oh well, less queue for me :lol
Phild94

PhNx Survivor wrote:I'm sure it will all be open at first, but eventually.. like how Th13teen is, they will close off the parts due to numbers.. I can see the queues being similar to Th13teen after a season or 2 goes by.. oh well, less queue for me :lol
Think he’s talking about the access path to Gloomy Wood, but you’re right about the decreasing queue numbers, I don’t think this will be a Nemesis style blockbuster for its first ~10years
PhNx Survivor

Oh wait.. my bad lol.. it's still early :)
Tom170499

Yeah, I was referring to the new path from MB to GW and the one that runs under the lift hill that was open at Scarefest.

Also, in the above picture, it looks like there’s a path connecting from the Rapids exit to the one under the lift hill.