Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
Adam W

rolicoli8 wrote:A friend was at the Resort today and saw Wicker Man testing.
Awesome news. Was it testing with any effects on?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Attraction Images have posted an aerial photo from today.

TheBeornen

Wow that looks great, I think I can see a large path coming up from MB towards the station.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
DeadJack5

It certainly looks fantastic! Just a quick question which I think has been answered before so I do apologise, do we know if that centre path that was opened during the Fireworks weekend will be a permanent path or just staff/construction only?
Dan

TheBeornen wrote:Wow that looks great, I think I can see a large path coming up from MB towards the station.
That looks like the old path between Mutiny Bay and Katanga Canyon which was temporarily reopened over Fireworks weekend at the end of last season.

I’m interested to see whether the new path that was opened for last season will remain open or if it will be closed off and used for staff access.
TheBeornen

From what I can see it looks like the path from last year will be open as well as the old path that was shut last season. There even looks like a path connecting the two that goes underneath one of the air time hills.

Be Chosen...
Dan

Another aerial shot from Attraction Images.

It also appears to confirm that the pathway alongside the construction site won’t be open for the coming season as a section of queue line covers that area.
Capt.Barnacles

Not necessarily. If I remember correctly, the section of queue line you're referring to was actually being put together directly behind the construction fence at the bottom of one tree path. It may still be open, we shall have to see in March.

EDIT: Found a photo of what I mean:
Dan

Looking at it again, you might be right. I seem to remember the construction fence running much closer to the track but it may be the difference in perspective from ground level.
Nickolai

In the aeral shot, is that an on ride photo camera at the bottom right? 
Formally Smiler313
Justin

You could be right, it looks like the flash. If so, it could be pointing to the small drop or banked corner. If on the banked corner then that will make a great picture!
RobHand

I don't believe any one has pointed this out but correct me if they have. However do we think this is one of the fire elements within the theming structure?  I created an image to explain what i mean better.

I imagine there is one on the other shoulder too, and they would shoot out fire as the rider went through. You can see on the advertising poster the fire coming out of the shoulders so it would make sense.
Am I on to something or completely off? Or has this been discussed already  :lol
simononestop

Dan wrote:Another aerial shot from Attraction Images.

It also appears to confirm that the pathway alongside the construction site won’t be open for the coming season as a section of queue line covers that area.
I spot what could be fire effects on the shoulders!!

edit
damn beat me to it!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I have seen it mentioned before, although not sure if that was here or elsewhere - there is the same thing on the other shoulder.
Loakin

ImageImageLooks like we have two new images from Attraction Images from these tweets.
Both images show a full image of the train (on the brake run) with test dummies on, as well as permanent lighting throughout the ride and the Wickerman theming structure.
Nickolai

I see there are some small bits of theming on the tunnels like dethatched pieces of wood. We could see smoke effects or something in these tunnels. It's all very exciting!
Formally Smiler313
Justin

From those images alone, I'm excited to see this ride in operation at Scarefest and Fireworks. It is going to look spectacular!
TheBeornen

Wow the lightning looks great on this ride, this actually adds to themeing of the ride glowing as if it's on fire.

Be Chosen...
PhNx Survivor

Well.. at least this confirms the 12 row train.. also as stated quite a while ago, the concrete on the turn out of the station looks to of had a bit of theming added to it.. reference from both evening pictures

EDIT: Unless the pictures decieve me? :-k
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Tom170499

It seems the fence separating the Rapids exit and the newly opened path between MB and GW has been removed, opening up access to the area. Do you think this will stay as it is? I hope it does as it will improve guest flow if there are three access points to KC. 

Image credit to Attraction Images.