Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
Nickolai

My Gran says she still thinks the wood will snap! Apart from her, I have heard nothing but positive things!
Formally Smiler313
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Theme Park James has also posted a construction update from yesterday, which shows a few other things... 

More of the queueline beyond the shop has been added, with it looking as though it goes between the bents as per the plans.

It could just be the rain making the wood look shiny, however the top metal layer for the track may now be in place on the lift hill.

MakoMania

Just a quick layout question, what exactly happens after the first airtime hill until the track passes through the theming object? Most pictures don't capture this part of the layout.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Capt.Barnacles

From my prediction, it's a high-speed-low-radius 90 degree turn to the right, then twisting and descending into the wide turn at the far end of the site passing by the bottom of the lift, then into the theming structure and into the tall turnaround.
MakoMania

Capt. Barnacles wrote:From my prediction, it's a high-speed-low-radius 90 degree turn to the right, then twisting and descending into the wide turn at the far end of the site passing by the bottom of the lift, then into the theming structure and into the tall turnaround.
Thanks. That's what I had in my mind as well! I wonder if it will just twist and drop down into the theming structure or if it will rise into a kind of twisted airtime hill before dropping down.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Guitar

It looks like anti rollback tracks have been installed on the lift hill?
Capt.Barnacles

I'm not seeing anti rollbacks, however I do believe the steel plating for the running rails have now been installed. Hopefully I'll be able to confirm this myself on park tomorrow.
RobJackson85

I agree with many on here, SW8 looks great in person. I think this could be a truly world class attraction once it's up and running.
Phild94

New video just out by TPWW, doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of progress since the last update but a few key things have gone in including H&B stalls and what appears to be the final few bents.

Evostance

Out of everything I've seen so much, the thing that caught my eye was the theming, specifically this:

Finally, it seems AT are realising they can no longer compete with other parks when they just use metal box buildings and poured concrete.  We've actually got near Disney quality rockwork going in
Capt.Barnacles

Well, something interesting did catch my eye at the end of the day yesterday, and it's this.
These wooden slats were being added directly between the rail boards, creating a sort of antirollback shape, but the stretch of it is entirely confined to the area covered by the sound tunnel. Discussed that with Pete (of Virtual Towers) yesterday and we talked about the possibility of there being a pin beneath the train that strikes those whilst rolling over, creating a loud sound effect that is effective to riders, but confined by the sound tunnel so doesn't create loud noises to annoy the nearby Wootton Lane properties. Seemed like a valid idea to us.

Thoughts?
Brett

this is just a measurment thing GCI do, nothing special they get removed after the track is done.
Aidan Lowe

Construction Photos from 3rd October

The only real exciting thing happening today was Back Stage Technologies who specialize in theme park, movie & entertainment special effects were on site.

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Bert

Ohh, Backstage Technology do flame, fake flame effects and smoke effects, Intresting. :sus:

How many contractors are working on SW8 now, Nearly as many as DBGT? 
[Insert Signature Here]
Aidan Lowe

Bert2theSpark wrote:Ohh, Backstage Technology do flame, fake flame effects and smoke effects, Intresting. :sus:

How many contractors are working on SW8 now, Nearly as many as DBGT? 
Seems this company did The Smiler effects amongst other projects. They did the effects for the Pirates of Mutiny Bay show which can be seen here. With the amount of individuals by the shed near the theming element I'd imagine today was for the pyro on the main theming structure.
Owen

Bert2theSpark wrote:How many contractors are working on SW8 now, Nearly as many as DBGT? 
No. :lol
TheDuke

Fantastic pictures aidan. That banking looks pretty good now throughout the ride
Colinweir

Think from these latest images that there is definitely the features of a face on the theming structure!
dazza4783

Colinweir wrote:Think from these latest images that there is definitely the features of a face on the theming structure.
But the pictures above just show the back of it's head, no facial features.
Aidan Lowe

Can I just say btw that where theming structure #2 is supposed to be after seeing it recently now I do believe they'll be something there. They are putting huge blocks down to partition the queueline from it and its quite high as well as they are leveling the ground up there so perhaps a large piece like Banshee has.

Well thinking about it again maybe they won't put anything there but grass, if they don't however it'd be a wasted opportunity.