Europe Trip summer 2019

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
MakoMania

Hi guys, I'm planning a road trip around continental Europe in the summer of 2019 with a friend. It's by far the largest trip I've ever tried to pull off and so any advice or tips on any of the parks we plan to visit, however small, will truly be appreciated! I have never visited a single one of these parks before and so I have no idea how this is going to turn out :lol

We're currently planning to visit (in this order)

Parc Astérix
Nigloland
PortAventura/Ferrari Land
Marineland Antibes
Mirabilandia
Gardaland
Energylandia
Tivoli Gardens
Kolmarden
Liseberg
Fraup Sommerland
Hansa Park
Heide Park
Movie Park Germany
Efteling
Phantasialand
Holiday Park
Europa Park
Walygator Parc

Any help/tips/advice would be really helpful, cheers :)
I'm thinking of doing one day at every park except for two days at PortAventura/Ferrari Land and two days at Europa Park, if you've visited any of the above parks do you think this will be enough?
Last edited by MakoMania on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Liam.W

1. This sounds like a great trip, can I come? :lol

2. This post is a let down, I actually don't have any advice... :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Morgan

I managed to get on a lot during my two days at EP, there were a few smaller rides I didn't get onto but it's doable in two days. Bare in mind I didn't see any shows, but I'd imagine if you wanted to see a few of them a third day would be necessary.
The most we queued during both days was about 45mins for Wodan and Alpenexpress VR. The Wodan front-row queue is usually an extra trains wait, but Blue Fire's gets rammed. The park also have a few single rider queues for Wodan, Blue Fire and Arthur (I think there might be a few more). Also to note is that if you want to do Alpenexpress VR it's an extra €2 but it's worth it.
I can't comment on any of the other parks but if you need any more Europa advice I'll be glad to help :)
Ladyofthelake

Wow - that's one huge trip!

I'd look carefully at your order as there seems to be a fair amount of zig-zagging rather than doing the parks in the order they appear geographically. For example, you have Heide Park; Efteling; Movie Park Germany; Phantasialand; Holiday Park then Europa Park. It would make more sense to do Heide Park; Movie Park; Pantasialand; Holiday Park; Europa as these would work better in terms of travelling between the parks. If you are doing Holiday Park then travelling down to Europa I'd highly recommend stopping off at Tripsdrill - it's only a small park, but it is very, very pretty and is home to the incredible Karacho - in fact, if it came down to choosing between Holiday Park and Tripsdrill I'd pick Tripsdrill every time!

If you do visit Efteling I'd recommend a minimum of 2 days as it is much bigger than people realise - I only had one day there and it wasn't anywhere near enough. Europa Park I'd allow 3 days as there is a huge amount to do there, and Port Aventura I'd recommend 1 day for Ferrari Land and 2 days for Port Aventura. I'm visiting Parc Asterix and Nigloland in April so will be able to give you more of an idea for those parks then.

The key to your trip is going to be planning the order you do the parks in. Don't try and zig zag, but try and do them in a linear order to minimise the travelling time between each one. Once you start doing parks you will get tired so will be glad of the shorter travelling time. If that means missing some parks out on this occasion then it will be worth it - better to do slightly fewer parks and enjoy them properly than trying to cram too many in and feeling like you haven't really done them.

Hope that helps :)
MakoMania

Thanks guys. The German parks/Efteling order did give us a bit of a headache so we may end up changing the order of those parks a bit. (I've now put Movie Park before Efteling, thanks Lakey :) )
Michelle

I definitely echo everything that Lakey said, especially Efteling, you need two days there. You guys will be exhausted at this undertaking so if time allows then plan in a couple of rest days so you can have a lie in for recovery, even if it means missing out some of the parks, better to do two trips and appreciate it all! It sounds amazing though, take plenty of money for merch :lol
MakoMania

Michelle wrote: take plenty of money for merch :lol
I wish :lol, I think I'll be skint after this :P
theparklifekid

Wow! Looks awesome! Can I come? :lol:

I have a friend in Germany who said that Belantis is work a trip, its a small park but it has a fun looking Euro-Fighter. Same thing with Tripsdrill and Karacho.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Speedy_no1

I've recently moved to Germany, check the Efteling website before visiting as they tend to have different months where a major attraction/ride is closed. I'll let you know how heide park is in April along with hansa and europa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MakoMania

This trip is being pitted against a Cedar Point trip now. Decisions decisions.....
Stan.H

Following on from Liam, can I come?!? :D

Also, lucky!! :roll:

Phantasialand offer a rather good FastTrack service, which I used on my visit there. They are fairly cheap and will save you a lot of time, especially for the larger and more popular attractions (mainly like Maus au Chocolat, Taron, Black Mamba, Winjas Fear & Force and Chiapas). The way the system works is you pay a set fee, and you use those passes on whatever rides you wish (that have a FastTrack queue line), so let's say you buy it, and you are given 6 passes, you don't have to use them just on yourself - you could have 3, and your mate has 3 as well. I'm not sure if I've made it sound confusing, but I can try and make it more 'understandable' if you wish! :lol

I'd also recommend eating in the park, as there is a large range of food and drink to choose from, and at pricing to suit any budget (small or large). There are several 'grab & go' food outlets as well, so if you fancy eating on the go, or eating whilst watching Taron, or Chiapas whizz pass, its sure an opportunity you should take.

If you need any more tips or information about Phantasialand I am more than happy to assist, as it is one of my favorite parks!!

My final tip is, (dare I say it) is to watch the TPW vlogs, because as cringy as they are, you still get to set the 'yays' and 'nays' of the parks as well as the flaws, and spectacular areas. It also gives a good sense to what the parks will be like in person, and how the layout will be! :)

Once again, don't hesitate to ask any further questions, as I will be happy to help! :D
Tom

It would certainly be an impressive trip if you do manage to do all of them in one go. You'll definitely be knackered at the end of it though!

To be honest I would recommend doing them over a bigger period of time/multiple trips, like others have said you are going to need at least 2 days at some of the parks. You're definitely going to need some resting time too, just doing a few days back to back is tiring enough. :P

There's plenty of parks on that list I'd love to tick off, will have to do some more travelling myself over the next few years.