Early Ride Time 2017

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
MakoMania

With 2016's ERT line up announced in early January, we may not be too far off confirmation of 2017's line up!

I personally would (realistically) like to see The Smiler, Enterprise, Oblivion, Spinball Whizzer & CBeebies Land included.

What would you like to see on the line up and do you think it will be announced as early (pardon the pun) as last season?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Stan.H

I'd like Rita, Th13teen, Cbeebies Land & Spinball...

But, I think it'll be Oblivion, The Smiler, Cbeebies & Spinball.
Adam.W

I can see them doing Nemesis, The Blade, Galactica from 9:30, and cbeebies/spinball whizzer.
Nickolai

I think they should have The Smiler as that is overall the most popular ride at the resort. It means that on busier days quite a lot of people will have done it in ERT and may not wish to ride again reducing the waits. I may be wrong with that one but either way, I would love to see that as one of the offerings.

I wouldn't mind Galactica either. Again for similar reasons! :)
Formally Smiler313
NemesisRider

Realistically, I think we'll have the same lineup as the year previous (2016). However, I'm personally hoping for a revert to the 2015 ERT lineup - Nemesis, RMT and Cbeebies from 9:00 and Galactica from 9:30.
Burniel

To be quite honest, the 2016 lineup was awful. I was at the Resort for one weekend last year and Oblivion opened late both days (~9:20 on day 1, after 9:30 on day 2). They also took their time with Spinball. As such, it felt like less of a "perk" (a couple of free rides on Enterprise and CBeebies stuff) and made me wonder why I got up at 4:45am just to get to the park in time for it.

The 2015 lineup was fantastic, I believe I managed 3 Nemesis and 2 Air in that first hour and I was then able to hop to Dark Forest for a few rides there before most people made it up there. It was also actually did its job of spreading people around the park by 10am, rather than the 2016 lineup with just encouraged people to run to The Smiler first (although they probably didn't go for Galactica in 2016 for that exact reason).

I wouldn't mind a revert back to 2015, with Galactica opening up at 9:30 (especially as I haven't done Galactica yet! :O) Alternatively, some arrangement involving Dark Forest and CCL might be nice - you could even throw in Hex, if it's actually available. Not a fan of an X-Sector opening; it just crams everyone into that small, crowded area.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
MakoMania

I've revised what I would want for ERT this year. I think a good lineup would be:

CBeebies Land
Duel
Nemesis
The Blade
Galactica (from 9:30am)

That way you could do Forbidden Valley before 10am, X-Sector from 10-10:30 and then Dark Forest just after as it opens at 10:30am :)
MakoMania

The ERT lineup has been announced!

CBeebies Land (excluding Go Jetters, Furchester & Allotment)
Nemesis
The Blade
Oblivion
Enterprise
ThemeCrafter264

That is definitely interesting as 2 major thrill coasters are open, when they are at different ends of the park!
Burniel

Interesting lineup. I'm sure none of us are complaining about Nemesis joining the list, but having two major coasters open on two different ends of the park is new. I guess the idea is to disperse people more, with the assumption that most visitors won't do both before 10am (not that we won't try!)

It's also really good to see some flats on the lineup. I mean, there's so many flats to pack into a single day, we'll definitely be needing the extra time on them. ;)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
NemesisRider

I'm happy to see Nemesis returning to the ERT line-up! ERT is a good time for Nemesis sessions, when it's smoother and back row hasn't been designated for all Disabled Pass guests yet :) Slightly disappointed there's no Galactica from 9:30 like they previously did with Air, however it's still a "new attraction" so I understand their motivations.
Stan.H

I'm pretty happy with the 2017 ERT line up, as riding Nemesis in the morning is the perfect way to wake yourself up! Also, one or two rides on The Blade won't hurt!! :)
MakoMania

NemesisRider wrote:Slightly disappointed there's no Galactica from 9:30 like they previously did with Air, however it's still a "new attraction" so I understand their motivations.
It's also worth remembering that it now requires many more staff than Air did. Generally they try to open rides for ERT that do not require a huge amount of staff.
NemesisRider

MakoMania wrote:It's also worth remembering that it now requires many more staff than Air did. Generally they try to open rides for ERT that do not require a huge amount of staff.
Yes, that's a good point. I think Galactica requires 20+ staff now to run on full capacity...

Also, it is a little odd they've split the ERT rides across the park. Maybe an attempt to redistribute guests at the start of the day, and lower the queues at Smiler at 10:00am?
Adam.W

I personally think that the idea behind this is that you choose one area or the other, get multiple rerides in, then don't go back for the rest of the day (obviously looking at it from the GP's perspective). As NR said above, it helps with the queues for two major rides, so instead of everyone going for The Smiler at 10:00 or Galactica at 10:00 (if the ERT were to be based in FV), the volumes of people are split into opposite ends of the park.
kris3012

I think it's a great idea spilling ERT into 2 areas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Count-Vonduel

I hope they include RMT as that in ERT is still one of my fondest memory's of AT.
TheDuke

Count-Vonduel wrote:I hope they include RMT as that in ERT is still one of my fondest memory's of AT.
RMT on ERT is one of first thoughts when I hear/think of the towers
lagolfer09

Hi All, Planning a trip for Sunday - whats the deal with ERT this year? Are any of the cBeebies attractions included?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

lagolfer09 wrote:Hi All, Planning a trip for Sunday - whats the deal with ERT this year? Are any of the cBeebies attractions included?
The Early Ride Time line-up is as follows:
  • Nemesis
  • The Blade
  • Oblivion
  • Enterprise
  • CBeebies Land (excluding Mr Bloom’s Allotment, The Furchester Hotel Live and Go Jetters Vroomster Zoom Ride)