Strange Theme Park Related Fears!

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Count-Vonduel

while I am fine going in a scaremaze, stuff like Duel or even Hobs Pit, I just can't do travelling ghost Trains or 4D shows, can someone explain that to me!

And please share your bizzare Theme Park related fears too.
Rita Fan

I'm not excellent around live actors in attractions...
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Liam.W

Rita Fan wrote:I'm not excellent around live actors in attractions...
Same! I can't stand live actors, especially when they are 'scary' (I put this in inverted commas because what most people don't find scary, are scary to me ](*,) ). My legs go like jelly and I'm like "Don't give them eye contact... Don't give them eye contact... RUN" :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Stan.H

Not 100% theme park related, but definitely is for NemesisRider especially... :P

I have a massive phobia of sick. Like if someone is sick, I'll either be sick or feel really sick, and I just hate it! :lol
Nickolai

Liam.W wrote:
Rita Fan wrote:I'm not excellent around live actors in attractions...
Same! I can't stand live actors, especially when they are 'scary' (I put this in inverted commas because what most people don't find scary, are scary to me ](*,) ). My legs go like jelly and I'm like "Don't give them eye contact... Don't give them eye contact... RUN" :lol
I am the same ](*,) , however I think if you go with your mates it makes everything seem more 'banter'.
Formally Smiler313
Rita Fan

I find safety spiels scarier than actual rides.

Why?
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
ThemeCrafter264

You think more about the risks of riding so the adrenaline on the ride makes you forget about any possible worries.
ponder

Having a heart attack. Even though I have no record of heart problems. Ties in with Rita Fan's comment about the safety boards I guess.
ThemeCrafter264

It probably comes down to the fear before riding, when you see the impressive ride and it is worse when you see the safety boards. Naturally, your fight or fly feeling will make your heart and breathing rate drastically increase, possibly making yourself feel more worried about having a heart attack, however unlikely it would be.
ponder

Not really, more specifically it's something unexpected happening. Like a drop tower that gives no warning before dropping, for example. I have no real fear of rides themselves - I kind of wish I did.
Dungeon-X-Smile

I have the weirdest fear of that animatronic at the start of the Saw ride at Thorpe. It just terrifies me! I'm not sure why tho cause I've ridden the ride soooo many times and yet I still can't get over that thing at the beginning.
jdoughtyqpr

I've never ever gone on a rollercoaster worried something bad might happen with the except of the Wild Mouse type coasters where at the top you get swing round corners when it looks like you're about to go off the edge. That gets me every time.