February Half Term - Pirates and Princess Takeover

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Zach

Justin wrote:I must admit, these events are becoming more and more appealing. It certainly builds on the resort offering and I am seriously impressed with the coverage I have seen for this and the Christmas event. It has certainly grown over recent years and I would be tempted to visit out of season to experience one of these events.
As Lewis states, at £30pp for an overnight stay and entertainment, this is extremely good value!
I would still argue that without a child/family it wouldn’t appeal. Perhaps Towers could look at doing adult focused events to open up there audience wider, although I’m not sure what that could be.
TheBeornen

Zach wrote:
Justin wrote:I must admit, these events are becoming more and more appealing. It certainly builds on the resort offering and I am seriously impressed with the coverage I have seen for this and the Christmas event. It has certainly grown over recent years and I would be tempted to visit out of season to experience one of these events.
As Lewis states, at £30pp for an overnight stay and entertainment, this is extremely good value!
I would still argue that without a child/family it wouldn’t appeal. Perhaps Towers could look at doing adult focused events to open up there audience wider, although I’m not sure what that could be.
If wicker man does really well they could have a week during the summer every year where they have a Beornen festival in the park, hotels and I think this would especially work well in the Enchanted Village with the wooden lodges.
They could have bunting up and decorations up everywhere and it would appeal to the whole family but they could open The Welcoming or another Beornen scare maze as well for older audiences.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Our full collection of photos has now been added to the website!
Dan

Pirate and Princess Takeover 2019 – Swashbuckling High Jinks Lands at Alton Towers Resort

As reported by TowersTimes News; The Pirate and Princess Takeover returned to Alton Towers over February half-term, with a programme packed full of swashbuckling entertainment for the whole family.

TowersTimes was given an exclusive look at everything that the event had to offer.

Did you get to experience a Pirate and Princess short break over February half-term?