Daughters First Trip to Alton Towers

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
TinkerGem

Today I am one very proud mum as yesterday I spent a glorious Bank Holiday Monday at Alton Towers with my 2 year old daughter Sofia. She is definitely taking after her mum as she wanted to go on every ride she saw and after a couple of hours in the safety of Cbeebies Land we ventured out into the main park (mostly because we were heading to the Roller Coaster Restaurant for lunch!).

The Roller Coaster Restaurant was fab and Sofia loved watching the food whizzing above her head. The food was really nice and we both cleared our plates. After an ice cream stop at Nitrogenie it was time to test out her roller coaster skills. We had already been on the Octonaughts ride which she loved and full of ice cream there was no puking on the Heave Ho pirate ship! So off to the Runaway Mine Train we went, I was a little nervous as we got on as she is quite tall for her age which meant she met the height requirements but at only 2 years and 2 months I wasnt sure if this would be a bit fast and scary for her. It turns out I had nothing to fear, as we sped round the first bend I could hear her giggling away and she even had her arms in the air as we came round to the tunnel!

Now all I need is for her to hurry up and grow a bit so I can take her on Nemesis :lol
Justin

Great to hear a future enthuiast is in the making! :)
S.J_O'Grady

Sounds like she had a lovely day! :D

I have a mark on the side of my bedroom door that says "huge Alton Towers rides". Finally passed it in 2012 - 29cm taller than it now!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Danny

Lovely trip report, thanks for sharing :)