Pleasurewood Hills Trip Report/Review

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Jack

Visited Great Yarmouth a couple of weeks ago, and thus decided to visit Pleasurewood Hills. I found the overall experience rather enjoyable, more happy staff than most small theme parks like Pleasurewood Hills as well as maintaining the park aesthetically rather well if you are to ignore the state of Enigma and Wipeout.

ENIGMA

2/10

If you visit the park, don't bother with Enigma. The ride is dire and the wait times are even worse due to the one train service it will provide. Oh, and make sure there is someone willing to hold your bag...else you may end up with crushed lunch.

HOBS PIT

5/10

Going into this I had reasonably high expectations, having seen many a review stating how amazing this is. Frankly, I think this needs to be less hyped. Minus the actors who did a professional job, the whole thing felt very bland despite the graphic nature of a couple of scenes. On my three rides only one of them managed to save this from an awful review when there was an actor around the ride section providing very well timed jump scares. Only bother with this if the queue is about 15 people.

JOLLY ROGER

7/10

Not the most amazing drop tower you will ever ride, but it's not the worst either. Not much more to say about it due to the total lack of theming really.

[align=center]Image[/align]

MARBLE MADNESS

7/10

As someone who rarely enjoys a wild mouse coaster, I strangely rather likely this. Although there was a total lack of theming, it felt a lot more thought out than a lot of the park. The ride is quite smooth, and apart from the brakes, no real discomfort came from this.

FIREBALL

6/10

If you thought Vortex at Thorpe Park had a short cycle, Fireball will make it seem like you are on the ride for eternity. Despite being very good for forces, it just has so short of a ride cycle you don't have time to enjoy them.

WIPEOUT

8/10

I went on this not knowing what to expect, I hadn't heard much about if it was one of the rougher Vekomas or not and what forces it would deliver with it being my first full sized boomerang. To say I enjoyed it would be an understatement, it's not the most incredible ride ever, but it certainly is great. It's rough in places, but the forces on the back row in the second half were very good despite the hate I have for Vekoma.

My overall verdict is that Pleasurewood Hills is a very nice park, definitely worth a visit if you're in the area but don't expect something the size of Drayton Manor as that is not what this is. 7/10 for the whole park

General park photos:

alicheesy

I'm glad someone agrees that hobs pit deserves nowhere near the hype it had. They used: "Wouldn't be out of place at Thorpe Park or Alton Towers" yeah nope
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
Justin

alicheesy wrote:I'm glad someone agrees that hobs pit deserves nowhere near the hype it had. They used: "Wouldn't be out of place at Thorpe Park or Alton Towers" yeah nope
It could be so much more. It is a strange ride and not scary at all, and I have told them that when it opened too.

With them also painting the front, it seems a strange move to reduce the facade, therefore its presence in the park.
Jack

Justin wrote:
alicheesy wrote:I'm glad someone agrees that hobs pit deserves nowhere near the hype it had. They used: "Wouldn't be out of place at Thorpe Park or Alton Towers" yeah nope
It could be so much more. It is a strange ride and not scary at all, and I have told them that when it opened too.

With them also painting the front, it seems a strange move to reduce the facade, therefore its presence in the park.
In fairness the less attention bought to Hobs Pit the better, the queue was ridiculously slow moving with about 30 people in it :)