Forbidden Valley Future

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
tjreevzi00

Okay, I'm trying to be a more active member of the forums so I thought I'd create one.[emoji1]

The area Forbidden Valley seems to be an odd one at the moment. Before Air was the oasis at the bottom of the valley if I'm wrong please correct me.

Now with a super random space theme stuck there and the futuristic roller coaster restaurant could we see eventually a full re-theme of Forbidden Valley and Nemesis, it could be possible as the nemesis creature could be an 'alien from space' instead of from the underground? A re-theme would probably lead to the removal of Sub-Terra or a really good re-theme to a space control centre or something. If the whole area could be immensely re-themed with a couple new flats it would be the best option I think, however, very optimistic and I think this is what I think could also happen;

-The two very different themes will remain
-The Blade will be removed
-The area of which Ripsaw and The Blade were will be become a night, and possible day, entertainment area. With a permanent outdoor stage with entertainment every night for hotel guests.
-Galactica and Nemesis will be open till late along with the roller coaster restaurant.
-Possibly see a new restaurant open too, perhaps slightly cheaper, could always expand out of the park onto to the car park.
-Sub Terra will re open.

Another idea could be that new flat rides are installed where Ripsaw and The Blade were with Blade being moved to Mutiny Bay. Then the car park could be become an entertainment hub for hotel guests similar Downtown Disney, obviously not on such a grand scale.

There are so many different options as I doubt Forbidden Valley will remain like it is for long. So what are your ideas?

Ps. if this topic is in the wrong place sorry, please move it as there are no facts just pure imagination[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan.B

Nemesis came from space, so for me it is tied together in a way, but only loosely. :)
Adam.W

tjreevzi00 wrote:a really good re-theme
But it's Merlin ;)

An outdoor stage wouldn't really fit FV - shows are mainly geared towards the family audience and FV isn't a family area.

An idea that I've had in the past would result in a separate area being created where the Air car park currently is, which would be a future themed area. Could have a couple small dark rides, a track ride, and perhaps a show area. Thinking of it, this entire area of the park could be open for guests at night.
S.J_O'Grady

Nemesis' theme would be very unlikely to change. The fact that it has such a detailed storyline is part of what made it so special in 1994. Rollercoasters having a theme was something that was fairly new at that time so Wardley's idea became a bit of a legend. To change a ride that was so purposely designed for that specific theme would be a massive step to take and a huge risk. Changing the theme of a ride that is famous partly because of its theme would not be a great idea in my opinion. And as Ryan said, Nemmy came from space so Galactica fits in loosely, just like Air did.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
RollercoasterRob

I feel that Forbidden Valley would change quite little in the future. I think that the area up till Galactica will keep a similar, if not the exact same Forbidden Valley theme and still use the name Forbidden Valley. A new ride might have been added to the former Ripsaw site and possibly a new ride on the Nemesis Sub-Terra site. The Galactica area could be made in the a new themed area themed around space travel and exploration etc. and would remain the same in attractions and experiences that is currently has!
Themeparksandy1981

I think now the theme does work with Galactica. I not been on it yet but it does suit Forbidden valley now. If it wasn't for copyright laws I would rename it forbidden Planet. The rocks,props and red water I always felt You been on another planet for the past 22 years.
GreeneyL

The forbidden valley area in the park is a shame now to be honest , ripsaw has gone ! Which fitted in really well as a piece of debree thrown by the nemesis creature. Galactica is honestly the worst change in the park as the VR is terrible and Air theming was much better! Something I would do with forbidden valley is put a flat ride that fits the theme of Galactica ( space themed) and add another 1 or 2 flat rides to around the nemesis. I would love something like this to happen in the park !

Thanks Lewis ;)
By GREENEYL / LEWIS
Robert.W

GreeneyL wrote:The forbidden valley area in the park is a shame now to be honest , ripsaw has gone ! Which fitted in really well as a piece of debree thrown by the nemesis creature. Galactica is honestly the worst change in the park as the VR is terrible and Air theming was much better! Something I would do with forbidden valley is put a flat ride that fits the theme of Galactica ( space themed) and add another 1 or 2 flat rides to around the nemesis. I would love something like this to happen in the park !

Thanks Lewis ;)
Glaactica would be so much better if the VR was more reliable but I have to say I personally like the Galactica theming better as Air had very little theming. I have always thought a Disk O Coaster themed to Galactica would fit in very well.

GreeneyL

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:I think now the theme does work with Galactica. I not been on it yet but it does suit Forbidden valley now. If it wasn't for copyright laws I would rename it forbidden Planet. The rocks,props and red water I always felt You been on another planet for the past 22 years.

Just thought i would say , you have a good idea and turning the galactica area into a space travel , exploration area would be a good idea but the problem would be that it doesnt fit into forbidden valley. If i was towers i would change the galactica themeing to something that fits the nemesis creature. Maybe turn galacticas themeing to a government trying to fight off the nemesis creature so the ride could be called 'Savior' or something like that. I know towers wouldnt do this but its a cool idea :)
By GREENEYL / LEWIS
S.J_O'Grady

I always felt that Air fit to FV. Galactica does not. It may just be because the rocks up the Galactica end are now grey instead of the usual brown colour.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Robert.W

While I personally like the Galactica theme, before Galactica I thought that Air could have been transformed into a Phalanx military flight academy, where you would be trained to fight the Nemesis monster, which would have also fitted in well with the Nemesis Sub Terra storyline.

jessiejuju

Robert W wrote:While I personally like the Galactica theme, before Galactica I thought that Air could have been transformed into a Phalanx military flight academy, where you would be trained to fight the Nemesis monster, which would have also fitted in well with the Nemesis Sub Terra storyline.
I think think that would fit quite well but lets be fair there are a few areas of the park where the theaming slips.
Bert

To be honest I much prefer Galactica over Air in terms of theme as I think it fits more in with Nemesis, When Sub Terra reopens Galactica will feel even more fitting with FV than Air did. Galactica is mean to be in FV a 1000 years later, almost an aftermath of Nemesis whereas Air could of had a cool theme but the theming itself was laked serverly and just stuck out like a sore thumb.

As long as Nick is in charge of Merlin I don't see FV going anywhere. If it weren't for Nemesis, The Haunted House and The Runaway Mine Train, Merlin wouldn't be as it is today...
[Insert Signature Here]
Justin

The official story, as Bert2theSpark has mentioned, is as follows...
Welcome to the future! In 3016 Forbidden Valley was chosen as the new home for a new space port operated by Galactica - The Universe’s first spaceflight voyager.

Partnering with Air Space Technologies to develop a multi-dimensional portal using the Resort’s iconic flying coaster as the propulsion device, Galactica will send passengers soaring through interstellar space for the first time in history, providing unrivalled access to the limitless wonders of space as never experienced before.
Personally, I think Forbidden Valley needs work. If they were to build upon the theme, it could become one of the best areas in the park, however, since Ripsaw's removal and the closure of Sub-Terra, it has become an area in drastic need of rejuvenation. The two versions could work well together, especially if the park was to expand onto the car park, but more attractions are needed!
Robert.W

I am hoping that we will see at least one new flat ride in Forbidden Valley next year, even though SW8 opening would clash with it! It's just starting to look as if they are gradually removing the rides as if they are preparing for a TLC project!

TheDuke

Robert W wrote:I am hoping that we will see at least one new flat ride in Forbidden Valley next year, even though SW8 opening would clash with it!
That is exactly why it wont happen maybe 2019 though.
The FV does need work and a new flat plus sub terra to return. The area holds in my opinion the best ride in the park (nemesis) and 2 of the marketed attractions(galactica and roller coaster restaurant) so it does need work.
Bert

There's not been much talk about Forbidden Sweep's removal towards the end of this season, However the removal of the game is a bit of strange one, I think Towers might have found a true replacement for Ripsaw and want to close off Ripsaw/Forbidden Sweep's area for construction of a replacement. Or thinking unoptimistically, If could just be Forbidden Sweep wasn't profitable enough so it got the axe. 

Just getting the ball rolling as there's not been a lot of talk recently!
[Insert Signature Here]
Robert.W

I'm trying to hope that there will be a replacement for Ripsaw, but despite my efforts to think optimistically, I still really can't see it happening. Forbidden Sweep... I don't think I've ever seen anyone on it, apart from early on in the season when a first aid car had to be brought inside that park to treat someone who had just been on it (I don't know wether it was due to injury or just an unrelated illness).
An optimistic part of my is thinking that Forbidden Sweep was actually only ever meant to be temporary, and that they did actually have another ride planned to go in that area, but I'm losing hope in this theory a little bit. I'd be happy even if it was just another top spin.

Dungeon-X-Smile

I would love to see either Sub Terra to be reopened or redone. It's such an interesting premise and for it to just go to waste feels just wrong.

This has probably been said a hundred times but anyway. Forbidden Sweep should be replaced with a flat ride!

Also, I think it would be awesome if they just rethemed Air to fit in to be a new chapter in the Phalanx story. It'd be pretty cool if it was rethemed to be some training grounds or something, then it would really fit well into the area and they could really stick to the theme of Nemesis and extend the universe.
Azi889

I think sub terra was a really good idea too! I like the fact that you could ride that first then learn the back story before going on the ride. With all the theme parks using “immersive” at the moment I love how you can build upon the story and prestory of a concept of a ride and i thought it was great!