Forbidden Valley Future

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
GregH94

TheDuke wrote:I've been pretty disappointed this closed season with lack of TLC updates.

I was worried after Wicker Man and the boost in attendance this would happen. It's still good they're cleaning track and maybe performing maintenance on The Blade.
Hopefully this should clear things up, taken from the Facebook page
635DDD82-AC5A-4C07-B3B6-8D89D693312D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coaster Chall

Yeah, I already knew that it'd be a 2018 finish for the Towers Loving Care program despite further improvements throughout the years. But the success of this should give Thorpe Loving Care a boost in happening! But I expect more TLC at Towers such as CCL, Ripsaw's site and more filled with new life as well as other refurbishments here and there.
Justin

It is a shame that the Towers Loving Care updates on social media have not continued. It would be nice to see what is going on!
Coaster Chall

Absolutely pal! Would've been nice. Especially if it's a new attraction...tease it up on TLC as well as AT Twitter, FB, Youtube, etc
TheDuke

Justin wrote:It is a shame that the Towers Loving Care updates on social media have not continued. It would be nice to see what is going on!
Yeah it helped build alot of hype and kept them relevant in the off season but this winter I haven't paid any thought to whats going on.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Something else to suggest more extensive work than usual being done to The Blade?
Duslasst (BOT) Ltd wrote:One batch of steel work ready for work on the Alton Towers pirate ship.

Ladyofthelake

If Blade is getting more work than the usual winter maintenance then that suggests the Resort are looking to keep it for at least a few more years. Whilst it may not be the most thriling of rides, it is still a family favourite and the only ride in Forbidden Valley with a lower height restriction. I'm happy that it seems to be getting the attention it needs, and I'm not afraid to admit that I do still enjoy the occasional ride on it myself (even more so when part of a TTSP Event take over ;) )
Swarm Chris

Seriously now, what did you all do to the poor thing during scare mazing? :lol

Assuming it is for The Blade and not Heave-Ho, it would definitely suggest they intend for it to be around for a fair while longer. Makes me wonder if the purge of all the other flats has saved The Blade, as they really couldn't afford to lose it.
Dan

Swarm Chris wrote:Seriously now, what did you all do to the poor thing during scare mazing? :lol
We did nothing :sus:

I’m quite surprised that they’re going to such lengths with maintenance on The Blade, especially when you consider how close we came to losing it a couple of years ago.
Rob
Admin
Admin

Interesting, looks like this secures the future of Blade for a good number of years. The metal works look like they are for platforms for the loading and unloading areas.
Ryan.B

Looking on Towers Street, the boat where people sit in has gone out of the park too. Is this a case of an almost complete rebuild or something?
Coaster Chall

I believe that this looks like general refurbishments to upgrade the ride system so it can keep operating in the long term. And this also excludes those long term development plans cause they mentioned the removal of Blade, Flume, Ripsaw and Spinball (but of course, Spinball and Blade are still here).
Zach

So do people think this a positive move?

I for one am happy to see blade appears that it will be around for a few more years!

Could this be the rejuvenation of Forbidden Valley?
Justin

For that to happen, a new ride would have to be installed in FV. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the theme, but it would be nice to see more theming structures added around the area.

It would also be nice to see more of the story developed. An idea could be using screens more or audio descriptions. Even hearing Project 42 from a distance helped as it felt like an area more under siege, the commentary heard from the pre show also told a story to the surrounding area.
Coaster Chall

Yh absolutely agree. I think if Blade is to stay, I do think it should be rethemed to fit FV. Give the flat ride a backstory!
Justin

I was thinking more about the area, but that could work too :)
RockandGrohl

tjreevzi00 wrote: -The two very different themes will remain
-The Blade will be removed
-The area of which Ripsaw and The Blade were will be become a night, and possible day, entertainment area. With a permanent outdoor stage with entertainment every night for hotel guests.
-Galactica and Nemesis will be open till late along with the roller coaster restaurant.
-Possibly see a new restaurant open too, perhaps slightly cheaper, could always expand out of the park onto to the car park.
-Sub Terra will re open.
I always thought Forbidden Valley by itself would be a great stand-alone part of the park. In fact, I made Forbidden Valley as a standalone park in Planet Coaster:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sucfyoOKYpw
The only problem, is that inevitably you would get people who jump a barrier to stay in Alton Towers overnight, because there are no barbed-wire fences etc that prevent people from moving from Forbidden Valley to the Gardens or Gloomy Wood.

It would be a good idea though, maybe every Friday Night FV is open later than usual, till 9 or something. I can't imagine the residents would be happy hearing people's Nemesis screams until dusk.
Last edited by Dan on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed offensive language