Portaventura September 2016

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
JoeGibbon

I have just booked a trip to finally get back to PA after last going in 2006 I think it was. Very excited to get on shambhala and baco. We're going from 5th - 9th September and staying at the Portaventura hotel (was the cheapest on site hotel at time of booking) so I know we can buy express passes for the whole of the trip, was wondering how much they are and if they will be worth it at that time of year.

Also how easy is it to get the train from Barcelona airport, or would it be worth it to fork out for a taxi?
Nathan_Fisher

When we went last summer in 2015 we used hoppa.com to arrange our transfers from Barcelona el prat . It's about £40 return on a bus and I would only guess a taxi would be more expensive however it would depend on how many of you are going. You could always look into getting the train but that would mean getting into Barcelona city centre itself. In response to the hotel express pass, last year it was 65 euro for the duration of your stay (could of gone up). I'd guess it would still be fairly busy during the first week of september so buying the express pass would be well worth it.