TT Summer Sizzler 2016 - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
Tom

Thank you to everyone who attended our Summer Sizzler event at Alton Towers Resort!

We'd love to hear your thoughts about the day, whether there are things you particularly enjoyed or any suggestions that we could consider for future events, do let us know.
The Nemesis Fox

Did really enjoy it. Loved Th13teen great way to start the day. Loved the smiler disappointed with oblivion. Unfortunately nemesis was a bit rough and it seems that it's age is catching up with it. Great talk really insightful. Unfortunately never rode galactica and am still waiting to try it. The only thing that could have been better is if we had ended on the smiler. Really looking forward to future events even though I won't probably go to scare maxing north. No other suggestions.
Liam.W

Well where can I start?! Was my first event so was a little nervous but I started chatting with everyone within 5/10 minutes! Today was probably the best day I've ever had at a theme park! The ERT on Th13teen was fantastic, brilliant way to wake up! Nemesis ERT was amazing too. The talk was extremely insightful and I learnt lots of new things! Couldn't fault today at all!

Sorry I had to rush off after Nemmy ERT and didn't get to say my goodbyes!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

MrsT2015

Thank you guys for an amazing day loved every minute and was made to feel more then welcome. Look forward to the next time it was awesome :)
Jack

Amazing time as usual, with two of the best ERT's that have been provided in an event so far! :D
Luce

Awesome and amazing day spent in the company of a great bunch of people, but also it was lovely to meet some new faces along with the regulars :)

There were so many highlights of the meet from taking over the CBeebies photo points to the brilliant talk/QA and the two ERTs but I have to say winning the massive Corkscrew picture made me feel excited too :D - it will look nice hung up at home!

A big thanks to everyone for making it such a wonderful day and roll on the next one :)
Dan

A great event as always. It was good to meet up with faces old and new and thankfully the rain held off for the most part so it wasn't quite the #SummerSoaker we were expecting.

The Thirteen and Nemesis ERT's were fantastic. I managed 6 rides on Thirteen and 10 on Nemesis in the respective half hour slots we had the rides for (7 of my Nemesis rides were without even leaving the train :lol )

Thanks Team TTSP for another awesome weekend. Now to start costume planning for SMS.....
Max

As usual, fantastic event. A year on from my first, and I've got no plans to stop. Everything is, as always, very well organised and run, the ERT sessions were fantastic, and everyone is still as nice as ever. Talk was very interesting and insightful. Could quite possibly be my best day on park at Towers. Thank you to everyone involved in the planning and running of the TTSP events, they're awesome. See you all again soon :)
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
NemesisRider

Another great event!

Th13teen ERT in the morning was great and really fun. As one of the more under-rated rides on the resort, it's nice for us at TT to give it some love ;) Also, no trims! I hope this stays, especially if it was exclusive for us! :P Despite the rain and downtime (RITA!!!) there were plenty of ride takeovers which are always fab. Highlight has to be Smiler or RMT takeover, we literally took up an entire train :lol

The talk was interesting and very informative, I love the touch of giving away some prizes ;) My print is now in pride of place on the wall. After that, me and my mini group did some more rides including Galactica (before it broke).

Nemesis ERT was very intense, I had to throw in the towel after 6 rides! Nemmy was running very well, and it's nice to finally get the back row :P Thanks to everyone who ran the event, it went really well and I can't wait to see the official photos when they come out! Meanwhile, here's a little extra from the end of the day:

Morgan

What an incredible day! Was great to see you all again, missing you guys already! Th13teen ERT was superb and the talk was very good, I'd probably say it's the best talk we've had yet. Next time I think I'll skip Nemesis ERT, I don't think my body can cope with ERTs on inverts :lol Thank you all for being there and organizing! :)
Justin

I believe this is my eleventh TTSP event, but each one is unique and look forward to them throughout the year! I absolutely love meeting up, not only for the fantastic ERTs, but due to the members this forum has. It was great to see old and new faces at these events and it is really pleasing to see other people post that they have been made to feel welcome. Thanks must be given to the team who work behind the scenes to bring us these events!

For the event itself, I loved Th13teen and was pleased that we had secured it as an ERT. I really enjoy the talks Alton provide and this one was a nice update to what had been shared before. Although a Smiler advocate, Nemesis was cool to end the day on, followed by the catalogue posing towards the end of the day! ;)

Roll on Scaremazing!
Michelle

I genuinely cannot believe this was our FOURTH Summer Sizzler, the anniversary of where it all began and personally, the anniversary of my first ever meet with you crazy bunch of individuals!

Firstly thanks to ATR for making the events possible, all the team who helped out on the day or on the run up and most importantly all of you who attended it was brilliant to see you all again and it makes me so happy when our new attendees feel welcome, we hope to see you again at a future event :)

Highlights were
- meeting the new people!
-( finally! ) getting Thirteen ERT,
- Pokemon faff,
- The wonderful talk from Will and Ash - probably my favourite yet due to the wide range of topics included and thank you very much both for arranging the prizes!
-Pokemon faff,
-taking over the whole RMT train,
- winning the race against the skyride to CCL... despite the exercise almost killing us.
-Digipass hilarity including taking over Cbeebies photo studio (thanks Jessicka for being our adorable excuse hehe)
- as always, the social in Margs ( now with added digipass and Pokemon faff...)

I look forward to seeing you all again in October and anyone who is put off attending because of the scaremaze element of the event... Remember you are always welcome to join Team Wuss for the day!
Tom

Awesome as always, great to see everyone again and to meet some more new people!

Talk was really informative and the ERT's ran really well.

See you all again soon. :)
Dom

There isn't really much more I can add to what has already been said. A massive thank you to everyone for coming, to the rest of the team for organizing the event and to Alton Towers. :)
African Drummer

Had a fantastic day. Loved 13 and Nemesis ERT's and the midday Q&A
Great to meet fun friends again. Really enjoyed diner at the Rollercoaster Restaurant with TT peeps too. See you all in October...dressing up ;-)