Florida holiday Sep 2017

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Everton-99

Ok so im planning on going to Florida next year with a few mates. ( 3 x couples - 6 persons altogether) its the first time any of us will be going to Florida so were all new to it and a bit unsure with everything.

At the moment we are looking to book with virgin and fly into orlando international on 14th Sep 2017 for 2 weeks, staying in Disney Caribbean Beach Hotel (3 rooms), with 14 day disney tickets, quick service dining, memory maker and a $200 gift card per couple - its working out roughly £1850pp - is this a good deal? I have tried looking around and it seems like the best price but just curious if here are any little sites to book through?

I think we want to do universal, busch gardens and some want to do discovery cove! Do you think this is too much to fit into 2 weeks?

Also as its our first time so any useful advice/tips will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance :)
Max

It should fit in 2 weeks. As for price, they're always changing, and that seems fairly reasonable for the resort. Only problem with Caribbean beach is that the resort is enormous, whereas most moderate level hotels are fairly close together. You may want to look at some of the other Disney resorts on the same level in case a better price is up elsewhere. Good luck in your search, Florida is fantastic!
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
ponder

Are you totally set on staying at Disney? You'll find decent hotels much cheaper on I-drive and be local to all the action.

2 weeks is enough to get everything covered off. If you're doing Busch and Discovery Cove, then you can by a combi ticket on the Seaworld website for all 3 parks (and Aquatica I think) for a fairly good price.

I say this all the time on here, but make sure you give yourself some days to chill out, too. Hitting theme parks every day gets tiring, especially in the Florida sun, and you wouldn't want to burn out, or enjoy anything less because you're knackered!

Great place though. I've been 3 times and planning a 4th visit for next June and it gets better all the time.
Everton-99

Thanks for the replies.

Caribbean beach was coming out cheapest for the moderate hotels. The reviews for Caribbean beach hotel seem to be quite positive!

In regards to staying at Disney i think we have mainly decided to stay there mainly to make things a bit easier for our first time. I know there are busses from the airport to disney and free transport throughout the resort (also saves on parking) as i think most our time will be sent at disney :)

Thats handy to know about getting the park tickets from Seaworld i shall have a look in a bit!
Burniel

Hi!

I've got a very similar trip booked for next month and have previously visited in 2011, so hopefully I'll be able to help.

Flying with Virgin is the best option - I flew with Monarch (I'm not sure they fly to Orlando any more anyway) in 2011 and I can say for sure that Virgin is the way.

September is the best time to go - whilst Disney will be packed whenever you go, the other parks should be quiet and you'll have no problem fitting everything into two weeks.

Whilst I've never been in a Disney hotel, I personally would recommend a villa on a road just off I-Drive. To my knowledge, it costs no more than three rooms at a Disney hotel and you get extra freedom and (almost always) a private pool. The one we're staying in is only 10 minutes from Disney, 15 minutes from Universal and 20 minutes from SeaWorld, but you can get closer (the price goes up the closer you get). We'll be hiring a car from the airport, it's more convenient than public transport, if more expensive.

Dining - my favourite restaurants in 2011 were Denny's (somewhere near our villa) and Hard Rock Café (inside Universal).

Parks - Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are not optional. Discovery Cove, whilst expensive, turned out to be on of the best days of the entire trip, so fitting that it would be great. And if you have some time, the waterparks (Disney's Typhoon Lagoon, Disney's Blizzard Beach, Wet 'n' Wild, and Aquatica) are fantastic.

My trip for this year works out at £2500PP. Don't know if this works for you, but there's plenty of areas that could be trimmed to make it cheaper.

Enjoy your holiday! :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Max

Staying inside WDW is definitely worth it, Extra Magic Hours are amazing (2am at MK!) and the free bus everywhere is incredibly helpful.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
ponder

You get the free transport at Disney even if you aren't staying there :)
Alex

Dan.B wrote: Parks - Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are not optional. Discovery Cove, whilst expensive, turned out to be on of the best days of the entire trip, so fitting that it would be great. And if you have some time, the waterparks (Disney's Typhoon Lagoon, Disney's Blizzard Beach, Wet 'n' Wild, and Aquatica) are fantastic.
Might be a slight problem going to Wet 'n' Wild :sus: