Blackpool Attractions - Tips and tricks

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Liam.W

Hi, I've recently booked a trip to Blackpool for mid-July for 4 nights. It's my first time so I'm not sure how long each attraction takes and what the best tips are for avoiding busiest times .ect.

I've got a Merlin Annual Pass so the Merlin attractions are all pretty much sorted, and I'm possibly going to buy a BPB annual pass as this seems to work out just as expensive as 4 all day wristbands.

So what is left to know is:
-How long does Madame Tussauds take on average?
-How long does Sealife take?
-Any restaurant recommendations around the BPB area?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Ryan.B

I recommend the McDonalds up the road :P

For restaurants I would say the Velvet Coaster, for Madame Tussauds and SeaLife I'd say both take about 2-4 hours depending on whether you want to look at everything.

Oh and for BPB, head to SkyForce and the Big One first or last, maybe Streak before hand.
Liam.W

Ryan.B wrote:I recommend the McDonalds up the road :P

For restaurants I would say the Velvet Coaster, for Madame Tussauds and SeaLife I'd say both take about 2-4 hours depending on whether you want to look at everything.

Oh and for BPB, head to SkyForce and the Big One first or last, maybe Streak before hand.
Thanks for that Ryan.

Regarding BPB, it seems that the schools in that area don't break up until the week after so I'm hoping it shouldn't be too busy.

Ryan.B

It shouldn't be too busy, I suspect it will be School Trip busy. I'd say start at the back of the park and work your way round. Mind you I've never had to queue more than 20 minutes for anything but Skyforce, not sure if it's me being lucky as I've been in Summer holidays twice, and Skyforce opening day.

Also, on Dipper and Nash, try and get the front, and if not, go for the central seat in the cars, where the wheels aren't beneath you or it can be very painful compared to the seats where the wheels aren't directly below.

Try and do Mouse, Nash, W&G and Ice Blast inbetween 12-3, and as I say, Start on Streak for a couple of rides, do any other Nick Land rides before heading to SkyForce for 10:30, then Big One, Steeplechase, Rev and Avalanche (Get a ride on Skyforce, Big One, Skyforce as queues hit them two the quickest and stay til around 3/4), before doing steeplechase twice in a row, Rev twice in a row, and Avalanche twice in a row, before doing W&G, Alice and Ghost Train, optionally doing Vallhalla if you want to at this time, if not do it at the end of the day. Should be around 12-2 at this time, and you should be able to do Ice Blast, Flying Machines, Nash, River Caves, Dipper and Infusion in around an hour or less, and after you've done them re ride the ones you want (But leave this til after you've done them as people start heading back to this general side of the park by then). Usually I reride Dipper, Nash and Mouse, and if it's not given me a banging headache, Infusion. by 3/4 you can go and do any rides you didn't do on the way, as queues start to lower dramatically by then, and by 4:00 I am usually reriding Skyforce, The Big One and Revolution, but anytime past 4:00 you can do whatever you want.

By the way, if you want to see where this method usually gets me ridecount wise, check this out :P http://ridecount.com/browse/trip/17293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Dipper gave me a dizzying headache, I dislike Infusion, but don't hate it, and my cousin wasn't too sure on Nash, Mouse wasn't open, so that's why I didn't reride those).

As you have 4 days, you should be able to do everything, and get around 120 rides or more once you know your way, but this should get you an high ridecount, and keep everything running smooth. Hope this helps! :)
S.J_O'Grady

It's not Merlin, but if you like scare attractions like me I recommend the Pasaje del Terror by the PB entrance. It's separate to the theme park and it costs about £7 I think. Scary but great fun!

http://pasajedelterror.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Liam.W

I'm looking at buying a BPB Platinum Pass to collect at the park, but there is one thing I need some help on. In the description of the pass it says the following:
Your Platinum Pass 2016 can be collected at the Blackpool Pleasure Beach Ticket Centre during registration days.
What are registration days? Don't want to buy one and then not be able to collect it!