Six Flags Magic mountain visit

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
RCandrew

So next month I'm in LA for a week and I have made 100% sure that I will have one day to visit Six Flags Magic Mountain, because I could not miss this opportunity!
I'll be on my own, which is fine cause it means I can run about and do everything I want! So first of all, does anyone have any tips for SFMM on your own? Or just in general, doing a theme park on your own?
And second, does anyone have tips for visiting MM for one day only? I know it's huge, and will be busy in summer. I want to do as many coasters as possible, but most definitely Tatsu, Goliath, X2 & Full throttle. Any ideas for how to plan the day or fast track I should definitely consider? Thanks for any help!
MakoMania

I think you should get flash pass to make sure you get on everything, after all it's a once in a lifetime thing! If you can get down to San Diego, I'd 100% reccomend SeaWorld as well ;)

I think this topic may be in the wrong area of the forum, but I'll leave that for the blue people to decide :lol
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
RCandrew

MakoMania wrote:I think you should get flash pass to make sure you get on everything, after all it's a once in a lifetime thing! If you can get down to San Diego, I'd 100% reccomend SeaWorld as well ;)

I think this topic may be in the wrong area of the forum, but I'll leave that for the blue people to decide :lol
Oops, my mistake!

I was looking at flash pass, because I'd get to do a lot more and also wouldn't be as bored standing in line on my own a lot!
NemesisRider

Speaking as someone who's been, Flash Pass is necessary. You will not get everything done if you don't get flashpass. I did Full Throttle first, but other choices to do first include X2 or TC. I only got 5 rides done without flashpass, they let way more flashpass users than normal queue onto the rides. I'd also be aware that many rides could be down, when I was there Scream didn't operate all day, and Superman was down often. The Ops are pretty slow! Also I'd recommend taking some drinks as it will be very warm.
RCandrew

NemesisRider wrote:Speaking as someone who's been, Flash Pass is necessary. You will not get everything done if you don't get flashpass. I did Full Throttle first, but other choices to do first include X2 or TC. I only got 5 rides done without flashpass, they let way more flashpass users than normal queue onto the rides. I'd also be aware that many rides could be down, when I was there Scream didn't operate all day, and Superman was down often. The Ops are pretty slow! Also I'd recommend taking some drinks as it will be very warm.
Oh, okay then! I'll definitely look into flash pass. There are 3 options though; regular, gold & platinum. I don't think I'll have enough to fork out for platinum, but what's actually the difference between regular and gold? The website is hard to understand! And it says something about regular reservations being equal to current queue times. I don't understand that :lol
Roodie

Looking at the website it seems it works the same way as Q-Bot in Legoland. I have never been so I may have this all wrong.

If the queue is an hour then you have to wait an hour before you are able to ride, but you can go and do something else in the mean time. And then ride when it is your time. With Gold, it reduces the queue length, therefore if it is still an hour you will have to wait 30 mins, but again you can go and do something else. With platinum on a one hour queue you would only have to wait 6 minutes.

I hope that makes sense, and I would wait for someone else to confirm that.
RCandrew

Roodie wrote:Looking at the website it seems it works the same way as Q-Bot in Legoland. I have never been so I may have this all wrong.

If the queue is an hour then you have to wait an hour before you are able to ride, but you can go and do something else in the mean time. And then ride when it is your time. With Gold, it reduces the queue length, therefore if it is still an hour you will have to wait 30 mins, but again you can go and do something else. With platinum on a one hour queue you would only have to wait 6 minutes.

I hope that makes sense, and I would wait for someone else to confirm that.
Ah this sounds familiar. So if I reserved 2pm, then at 2pm the ride had a 60 minute queue I'd have to wait that 60 minutes and ride at 3, but DON'T have to actually wait in queue? I can do anything else while waiting for my actual time?

Sounds good but a bit confusing :lol but can you go at any point after your reserve time or does it have to be the exact time? Cause If queues are so big it'd be difficult to fit omething else in within the queue time I've to wait..
RCandrew

EDIT: I've worked it out now.
If I get regular, and it's 2pm and Tatsu has say a 60 min queue, I can reserve my space in the queue for 3pm! If I have gold, I'd only have to wait till 2:30! Makes sense now :lol

I definitely think I'll get regular then. It would be handy to reserve the next ride just as I'm boarding one, if the queue is say 1 hour. Then I won't have long to late when I arrive!
RCandrew

Anymore tips for going solo? I've never done it before and have no idea if it'll be worth it... What should I do for food and stuff? And I'll need probably a small bag with me (sun lotion, money, water, phone etc) will this be sensible or not? How would it work going on rides, do they have storage or lockers or anything?
Thanks guys