Disneyland Paris- Worth going?

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Dannyski

Bonjour! We're considering a first time visit to DLP this year but the only time we can get over is between Christmas and New Year, we'll have an 8 year old with us - has anyone else been around this time of year?
craig.day.92

Hey guys, Im looking at going to DLP at the end of December and just wanted to get some views and reviews to see if its worth going, I know ive heard about DLP going down hill with not many rides being open and things looking tired etc. , Also can anyone recommend a good onsite hotel. Basically just after some advice on the whole.
Ryan.B

There are a few closures at the moment, I would say wait til 2017, as I believe they are making an effort for the 25th anniversary!
Owen

It's a nice place, and a good alternative to Walt Disney World!

Here is the list of closures, the most notable being Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Star Tours and Space Mountain!

craig.day.92

Thats quiet a lot of major attractions out till 2017, Im guessing they dont drop the price to reflect whats open. Im just wondering with how much its all going to cost may be better of going to Europa Park maybe.
Dannyski

That was my fear as we're planning to jam in trip between xmas and new year, but I believe the only major attraction thats going to be closed is Star Tours (unless you're a big fan of tram tours). Apparently the intention is to have Big Thunder Mountain back open for mid December, although that's unofficial. Anyone have any experience of what the queues are like that time of year?
RollercoasterRob

Wether it is worth going depends on the rides you will want to ride. Bear in mind that crowd will be larger than normal during 2017 (25 Anniversary)
TinkerGem

I was at DLP at Easter and although a few of my fav rides were closed we still loved it. Didnt really notice any signs of it looking run down. We stayed at the Newport Bay and it was lovely, in the past we have stayed at the Cheyenne which has a wild west theme and is a great family hotel while still only being a 15 min walk from the park.

Between christmas and New Year all the Christmas decs and theming will still be up and all the parades and shows will have a festive feel! I have never been at Cristmas but am hoping to do so next year.

Personally I would look at the list of ride closures and decide if you would be disappointed to miss that particular ride. Imo a trip to DLP is about much more than the rides, but then I am a little Disney mad :lol