X-Sector refurbishment?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
S.J_O'Grady

I would like to add that my dislike for the ride does not include the soundtrack. :P
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
armyboy608

If Oblivion wasn't underground it would actually look very high.
Here is a pic of a exact mirrored replica dive mashie in Tiwan.
It puts into perspective how well Alton Towers did to get this coaster into a park with restrictive planning permission.
I actually think the planning restrictions have made the park better. Nemesis is incredible in its little quarry!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GreeneyL

The X-Sector is perfect with a few flat rides as it fills the area and totally fits the theming of the area. Submission was removed which is terrible !And there is only one flat ride in the X sector now !
It needs more flat rides especially with the park only having 2 flat rides left!

Thanks Lewis ;)
By GREENEYL / LEWIS
Robert.W

Twirling Toadstool, Frog Hopper, Galopers Carousel, Enterprise, Heave Ho, Marauder's Mayhem and Blade are flat rides. And that's not including all the flat rides in Cebeebies Land! Alton Towers have a surprising number of flat rides, it's just the majority of them are for childeren.
X-Sector has done alright without another thrill flat until now. Another flat ride and the area could get a bit too crowded. It always feels a bit crowded in X-Sector.

Dom

The area never felt crowded when you had Black Hole, Oblivion and Submission all in the area. It actually felt full of life and the way a theme park should feel. Whilst the majority of X Sector doesn't need a refurbishment in my option, I do feel it does need another smaller flat ride, similar in size to Submission. It would do wonders for the area.
jessiejuju

Can anyone tell me what the X-Sector theme is supposed to be?
Justin

It is based on a top secret government research facility, later adopted by the Ministry of Joy. Each ride is an experiment, although the theme has been played down in recent years.
AltonOperator

I think a Topple Tower or Tourbillon would work well. The Tourbillon especially looks very scientific and industrial. I'm just not too sure about the height.
Thanks Jack
Robert.W

A Tourbillon would work well I guess, but I think they might struggle to add a Topple Tower.

Scarlyboo22

I just think it could do with a bit of an update.
Last edited by Justin on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged post.
Robert.W

But like what can they even do?? Okay, so a replacement for Submission. That would be nice.

The Smiler... where do I begin? This ride needs some SERIOUS TLC. It looks in an absolute state. I know the theme isn't supposed to be "appealing" but when you're putting guests through some questionable conditions before they even get to the ride station...

Coaster Chall

Smiler needs a new type of Gerstlaurer train or track to make it smoother. Oblivion needs an upgrade...maybe even a new name and a new looping flat ride in Submission's site. Maybe a next gen Submission but named to something else.
lapbar_bourne

In my opinion Merlin just needs to operate the three rides in X Sector to the best of their ability before adding a flat. Oblivion needs the mist back and more audio. I know they cant have too much noise but surely a whisper of "Don't look down" is never gonna be heard outside of the park over the screams. The Smiler needs all its TVs fixed and working. The Marmaliser needs to spray water again and Enterprise just needs a paint up. Along with well cared for greenery and a few licks of paint, X Sector could easily be the best area in the park.
Last edited by Justin on Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ROYJESS

lapbar_bourne wrote: I know they cant have too much noise but surely a whisper of "Don't look down" is never gonna be heard outside of the park over the screams.
The thing with sound, it not the the volume, it's more to do with the sound waves.  Sound can travel (especially if the wind takes it or if the atmosphere is damp).  Not only can sound travel, but it can also amplifier.   
RockandGrohl

Twinklepark wrote:I think X-sell could easily reopen without the need for extra staffing. Just combine the till with the photo kiosk and the 2 people there could man both with no extra payroll costs.

I think it should be prioritised rather than all out refitting the area. Hydrator needs to reopen and the whole area around it and the hole need some tlc. But the most urgent is the oblivion queue line. The indoor bits are just in an awful state now and haven't changed since the late 90's. I would like the ride to be subtly themed to fit with the Smiler as well. Keel the Lord of darkness and the orange colour scheme etc, but perhaps a few ministry of joy swirl symbols (but in orange) and something to link it to the Smiler story a little. (although I notice in the original Smile. Always viral videos in the lead up to the Smiler opening there is a reference to "Don't look Down!")

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Just a thought, is there even any need to have someone manning the photo tills? Why are these not self-service? You can select your photo and press a button to print it, or type in your email address, then pick up a sleeve for the photo to go in from a staff member behind the regular tills. I don't get why they need a separate booth with 40 TV screens and 1-2 staff operating it all day long for each attraction.
Seems a wise investment, they need to trim the fat to enable to park to open all week again, and for longer hours. The more time people spend in park, the more money they make!
wamdue

RockandGrohl wrote:
Twinklepark wrote:I think X-sell could easily reopen without the need for extra staffing. Just combine the till with the photo kiosk and the 2 people there could man both with no extra payroll costs.

I think it should be prioritised rather than all out refitting the area. Hydrator needs to reopen and the whole area around it and the hole need some tlc. But the most urgent is the oblivion queue line. The indoor bits are just in an awful state now and haven't changed since the late 90's. I would like the ride to be subtly themed to fit with the Smiler as well. Keel the Lord of darkness and the orange colour scheme etc, but perhaps a few ministry of joy swirl symbols (but in orange) and something to link it to the Smiler story a little. (although I notice in the original Smile. Always viral videos in the lead up to the Smiler opening there is a reference to "Don't look Down!")

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Just a thought, is there even any need to have someone manning the photo tills? Why are these not self-service? You can select your photo and press a button to print it, or type in your email address, then pick up a sleeve for the photo to go in from a staff member behind the regular tills. I don't get why they need a separate booth with 40 TV screens and 1-2 staff operating it all day long for each attraction.
Seems a wise investment, they need to trim the fat to enable to park to open all week again, and for longer hours. The more time people spend in park, the more money they make!
I would guess its because those people in theory drive sales, and obviously photos are a big money maker for the park, so putting staff on them, is seen as an investment. "self service" is just easier to walk away from, than someone talking to  you.
EthanEjX97

Coaster Chall wrote:Smiler needs a new type of Gerstlauer train or track to make it smoother. 
Now I can't stop thinking about Smiler with lap bars... The madness of it all!
Mikw

lapbar_bourne wrote:In my opinion Merlin just needs to operate the three rides in X Sector to the best of their ability before adding a flat. Oblivion needs the mist back and more audio. I know they cant have too much noise but surely a whisper of "Don't look down" is never gonna be heard outside of the park over the screams. The Smiler needs all its TVs fixed and working. The Marmaliser needs to spray water again and Enterprise just needs a paint up. Along with well cared for greenery and a few licks of paint, X Sector could easily be the best area in the park.
All that happened this season! They must've read your post.
davey_will1980

X-Sector does need another flat in the old Submission spot, on a busy day a flat would eat up 20-30 minutes of ques maybe even more, that's 20-30 potentially removed from the big 2 in the area Oblivion and Smiler and make the park seem more accommodating, the same needs to happen in Dark Forrest and Forbidden Valley. 
GalRides

I agree with this, A good flat can gather good amount of queue time from the big two.