SP Southern Screamer 2016 - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
Michelle

Thank you to everyone who attended our first SP event of the year, Southern Screamer at Thorpe Park!

We'd love to hear your thoughts about the day, whether there are things you particularly enjoyed or any suggestions that we could consider for future events, do let us know.
NemesisRider

Wow. What can I say? Another great TTSP event in my opinion! I really enjoyed myself, it was to see friends and a few new faces at my first South event. I found Nemesis Inferno ERT was great fun (8 rides!) and the BTS was very interesting and provided an interesting insight into the operation of thorpe, Ninferno and B&M inverts in general. Special thanks to the kind staff who ran us an extra cycle on Mr Monkey's as well before ERT :lol I think the lovely weather also helped make the day so good, maybe we'll get through a whole year without being soaked in ERT? ;)

All I can say is roll on Sizzler! :D
Luce

I had an amazing time yesterday and was so full of fantastic moments as well as seeing everyone and enjoying the summery weather and soaking up the atmosphere - glad there wasn't any rain :)

The Mr Monkeys Banana Ride double and taking over Depth Charge were a couple of my many highlights along with meeting some new faces and taking time to sit on the station floor of Nemesis Inferno during the backstage tours. I also gained 5 rides during the ERT including a front row which was awesome :)

The BTS of Nemesis Inferno was really informative and the staff were very enthusiastic and were great at answering questions which gave a fascinating insight into the daily operations of the ride as well as from an engineering viewpoint.

Overall, it was such a fantastic day spent in the company of some amazing friends and roll on the next event :)
Georgie

So many great moments yesterday. It was great meeting everyone for the first time and hearing from the staff members on the Ninferno tour. From getting rained on waiting for Tidal Wave to convincing half the community on Facebook that DBGT had opened whilst waiting for Saw and not to mention the fantastic rides we got in. I don't know how I'd get up to Alton for Summer Sizzler but after today I'm pretty determined to!
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
Morgan

Blimey, what a crazy event! Absolutely hilarious day- wearing maps in queues, cramming in two rides on Stealth and Mr Monkey's ERT. Inferno ERT was mental- it was like a rampage, some kind of hectic battle to find any seat and rapidly pull down the harness before someone else claimed your seat. The BTS was very insightful- makes you realize how busy the engineers are and what all the buttons in the op cabin do.
Bring on July 16th, can't wait for another manic day!
Dom

What a weekend. Thank you everyone for coming to the event. What a day/weekend. From creating a 30 minute queue on Depth Charge to the Tidal Wave takeover, the whole weekend was so much fun.

The ERT was great fun, even if I only did two rides. The BTS was really interesting and seeing the tunnel from a different point of view was brilliant.

It really is the people who make these events what they are so I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who made the day incredible.

Oh and Group One!!!!!
Morgan

Three!
NemesisRider

Three!
swalesuk01

FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!
Michelle

(well I'm going to have nightmares about FOUR! for weeks to come)

Yesterday was such a great day as always, thank you so much everyone who attended and to the wonderful Dan and David and to the ride team who stayed late so we could have our ERT and BTS on Nemesis Inferno.
My highlight was definitely our ride on Tidal Wave (#moist!) and the behind the scenes tour complete with several accents (maintenance leprechauns is going to stay with me a while :lol )
Thanks for the cookie Alice, sorrynotsorry for pinching the last one :P and I hope I helped at least a few people stay protected from the sun :lol
See you lovely crazy wonderful bunch of people again soon for the Sizzler ! Fingers crossed the weather is this good again...
Jack

Had a really amazing time, and I don't believe it was over so quickly! The day itself was none stop, and lots of laughs were had as usual. Weather was amazing (and a bit too hot for me to deal with :lol ) and watching people on Tidal Wave after about an hour was hilarious :lol I don't think I've laughed as hard as I have at any event than this one :P

ONE.
Ladyofthelake

What an awesome weekend. Thanks to everyone who helped make it such a fantastic event - from all of you who attended, to the TTSP Team who put so much work into organising things, and of course the staff at Thorpe Park who really do go the extra mile to make sure we have a day to remember.

As usual, there are far too many highlights to list them all. From the group going on Tidal Wave, and even though I didn't ride I still managed to get wet thanks to the 'Katie Sandwich', to the ERT on Nemesis Inferno followed by the fascinating behind the scenes tour which provided some great views of the ride and of course some interesting insights from the knowledgeable staff.

I can't wait for the next event and hope to see everyone again soon!

(Oh, how could I forget: TWO!)
Chris
Admin
Admin

What a great day! Has taken me all day today to recover.

See your lovely faces at Sizzler.
Max

Fantastic day.
My first event down south, but there was absolutely no difference in quality. The day as a whole was great and the ERT was as good as ever, the BTS was incredible, especially the fact we got to climb the lift hill and get some very rare views of the ride. See you all at Sizzler :)

FOUR
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Tom

As always it was a great event, nice to see all the usual suspects again and to yet again have some new event attendees!
Thorpe as ever did an excellent job with the Nemesis Inferno ERT and BTS, the unexpected lift hill climb was awesome.

Congratulations to my group four, you win the award for the rowdiest bunch of people I've come across. :lol

See you all again soon, fingers crossed the weather is as good. [-o<
alicheesy

I had an amazing time on Saturday, one of my favourite days at Thorpe!! (apart from having to leave early :cry: ) The ERT was fun, especially linking legs and arms and going limp :lol I actually talk now (as noticed by Dom) as these events have made me much more confident \:D/

Sorry for those who didn't get a cookeh, they went so quickly!! I'll make sure to prioritise you next time.

Thanks to everyone for all of the laughing and hugs and soaking me in the tidal wave queue (and Brad drawing bad things on my forehead with suncream), can't wait till the next one!
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
Dan

A fantastic event as always.

Scorching weather, great friends and loads of fun. What more could anyone want from a theme park trip?

The Inferno BTS was very interesting and it was great to be able to walk through the (slightly moist) tunnel.

Thanks to the team for arranging it all and I'll see you at Sizzler!
Spoiler
ONE
Justin

Excellent as always!

I really enjoy these meets and once again would like to say that I've made some very good friends for life through these meets! It just shows what a great community we have!

I really enjoyed the BTS tour of Inferno and ERT before! Excellent to see the group together, with Tidal takeover being one of my highlights!

All that is left to say is... ONE! :)
thi3teenloverboy14

What can I say another fantastic event pulled of by the TTSP team! Probably the funniest event I've attended out of the 3 and was great to talk to so many of you in the very large queues (I'm looking at you Tidal Wave and Saw!) From the wetness of the Tidal Wave Queue to the endless Saw queue it was soooooo much fun!
The ERT on Inferno were great and the staff were really interactive and fun! I managed 5 rides I had to stop for a bit after 3 to let my body reset I KNOW ON A B&M! Crazy!!
The BTS was great and our tour leader Dan did an excellent job at informing us about the ride and giving us some great clues to the future of the park and Loggers Leap along with Fright Nights! Adam the operator was excellent and handled us GEEKS really well after all our questions!
Funniest ride was defiantly Tidal Wave and the best group was clearly TWO!!!
See you all at Scare Mazing South or maybe I'll make a cheeky appearance at Sizzler who knows?!? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blindnbreathless

I would like to say, a sincere big thank you to all of the organisers.

This event from entering Thorpe via the staff entrance, and leaving well after closing time was genuinely an amazing experience.

This was only our second event but hope to come to more. A big thanks to Paul the photographer who not only takes amazing photos, but ensured me and son got on to The Swarm .

A great bunch of people, thank you.