Your Alton Towers Trip Order

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
DeadJack5

Hi :)

I didn't know if there was a topic for this so if here is I do apologise.

This is basically a topic to what order you do the rides at Alton towers and how come.

It would be interesting to see other people's routine for when they go to Alton Towers and see what order you do the rides :D
Ryan.B

First check queue board on tower street if the smiler queue is under 30 minutes, two rides on that, Oblivion, then the smiler, if spinballs under 15 minutes go there, walk across to mutiny bay, eastern express, then maurauders mayhem, Rapids, if mine trains under 5 minutes that, a couple of rides on Duel, Blade, a couple of rides on nemesis, over to Dark forest couple of rides there on each of the coasters (or one on Rita if the queues past 10 minutes) back to Forbidden Valley, Nemesis re rides and if Galactica queues inside the station, a ride on that, then more nemesis, at 4:55 head over to Galactica. The starting point depends on queues though so I quite often do it the other way round but keep Galactica last. Since September 2014 I've managed a minimum of 20 rides a trip, usually upwards of 25 and last season 4 visits with over 30 rides, and one with 38. Basically, just plan the day around The Smiler and Galactica :P
Liam.W

Normally I start off in FV, as all the crowds start off at the bottom of the park as its nearer the entrance. So I do FV, then I walk to DF and do some attractions on the way there (such as RMT and duel). I then have dinner at the fried chicken co in x-sector after doing the attractions at DF. I always eat dinner before lunch time rush for the food outlets so as I finish my dinner the rides become quieter while people eat. Then I have loads of rides on smiler and oblivion while queues are low. I then do Spinball quite a few times and then I do lots of re-rides!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

MJNemesis

Quick march to X Sector in the morning and straight on Blivvy - what a way to wake up! Normally because the park tends to be quiet there if you get a move on.

I then ALWAYS (no idea why) decide it's a good idea to walk straight from X Sector to FV, through the middle, and end up with a huge trek through the gardens. Always get slightly lost on the way too, only finding my way by following the cables from sky ride and the sound of Nemesis. So, Nemesis next, followed by Air. Used to be Ripsaw after but now just Blade. I personally appreciate an old school swinging ship so plenty of fun.

Hop on the skyride over to Dark Forest. Rita then Thirteen. Sometimes a bit busy here as people have congregated and if it's very long queues I'll ride Thirteen over Rita. Thinking about it I should really do Dark Forest FIRST and sky ride over to FV but the draw of Nemesis is always too much. Wander over to Hex (when it's open), then Spinball then round to Katanga (ignoring Mutiny Bay). Stop off for lunch at Pasta & Pizza, let the food go down while on Rapids then 2 laps of Runaway Mine Train ;).

Up to Gloomy Wood for Duel. This now also includes Ice Cream since Nitrogenie opened. Then on to FV again for another ride on Nemmy.

I did the above on 11th April when the park was dead and was finished by 2pm! On a peak day I would probably skip Hex or Duel and maybe only get one go on Nemmy.

I finish in FV as it means an easy skyride back to the entrance.

Finally a wander round the big gift shop then 10 minutes to contemplate the 3hr drive back down south while standing under the corkscrew.
JonDoesTT

1.) Oblivion - I usually do Oblivion first as it's the only major coaster open for ERT, also it's not a long walk from there to either of the Skyride stations, where I can go directly to FV.

2.) Nemesis - It's always better to do nemesis ASAP, as it can get busy in the afternoon if it's a busy day. If it isn't a busy day, it's still good to do it first anyway, as you can work your way through the park from there.

3.) Galactica/Air - I always do this straight after nemesis, however it depends on the queue.

4.) Duel - After I've done in FV, I usually walk through the park from FV to the Dark Forest, and the first place to stop is usually duel.

5.) RMT - Depends on the queue.

6.) FOOD - Usually by the time I've reached DF, it's time for food. I usually get food from Woodcutters, which is the best food on park definitely, even though it is expensive.

7.) Smaller rides - After eating, I don't tend to throw myself on the big coasters, so I usually just go on smaller rides, such as the rapids, things in CCL, etc.

8.) The Smiler - People usually head to The Smiler first, so it's better to do it in the afternoon.

9.) Spinball Whizzer - I very rarely ride this ride, as it's very uncomfortable, but if the queue is short I'll usually ride it.

10.) Other Smaller Rides/Re-Rides - Before I leave, I'll ride other smaller rides in the park, or re-ride bigger rides. After this, I go on the monorail and go home. :D

Credit to NemesisRider
Twinklepark

1. Oblivion Ert a few times.
2. Enterprise before 9:30.
3. Spinball when Ert opens at 9:30 as it's likely to have Consistent queues for the rest of the day.
4. Walk across to Forbidden Valley, by which time 10:00 will be approaching. Get on one of the first crafts out on Galactica before the GP are even through the gates. Again, another ride that will have a queue for the rest of the Day.
5. Nemesis whilst most of the GP are flooding in to spinball and Smiler. Should be walk on as FV will still be empty at this time.
6. Rita next, should be about 10:30 by this point and the area will still be relatively quiet as people flood through the gates into x sector, ceebebies and mutiny bay. Rita before thirteen as it tends to get busy earlier due to being first in flow in dark forest
7. Thirteen
8. Head over the your lunch time place of choice. Should be 11:00 - 11:30 at this stage perfect time to for lunch as most are getting on their first or second rides of
the day. You'll notice lunch queues starting to build as you're finishing.
9. The Smiler. The morning crowds will start dispersing into other areas of the park now and off for lunch, perfect time to do the Smiler a couple of times and perhaps a run on oblivion again.
10. Depending on the Smiler queue it will be Early afternoon by now. So mutiny bay next.
11. Katanga
12. Duel.
13. Still around 3-4 hours of your day left to do as you please. I did an exploration of the gardens then did all the coasters again. Your choice as you've done everything and you can now go back to the attractions you enjoy the most. For me on Thursday it was an exploration of the gardens with some doughnuts and a drink then repeated re rides on the Smiler and nemesis with a couple of rides on blade in-between.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Aidan Lowe

X-Sector -> Dark Forest -> Forbidden Valley -> Spinball -> Bombing it down the A500/M6.

Usually do Oblivion & Smiler a couple of times and the rest of the coasters once.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Morgan

The past few times I've been with TTSP, so my order is pretty muddled.
Assuming I'm not with TTSP, I'd do it like this:
-Get Galactica out of the way, followed by a few on Nemmy and a lap of Blade
-Head over to Dark Forest to get Rita and Th13teen done
[I would put Hex here, but it's currently closed]
-Have a quick nose around the ruins
-Enterprise and a few on Smiler, followed by Fried Chicken, followed by Oblivion and Spinball
-Have a quick nose around Towers Trading
-Battle Galleons, quick look around Sharkbait Reef, followed by Katanga and Duel
-Do Nemmy and Galactica a few more times
-Rerides, if time
-Exit via gift shop
-Sleep all the way home

At Chessington...
-Get Rattlesnake and Scorpion Express out of the way
-Rameses, Tomb and a few goes on Falls
-Quick spin on Fury before another Rameses, followed by another Rattlesnake.
-Vampire, Captain's and Bubbleworks
-Hocus Pocus, Wanyama and Zufari
-More Rameses and Falls
-Kobra and Lorikeet Lagoon
-Rerides
-Finish with a bit of Vampire
-Try to stay awake in the car but failing miserably
-Getting the laptop and lounge on the sofa

Thorpe Park? Go on, then...
-Colossus and Saw to wake us up
-I'm a Celeb and Inferno (if 15mins or less)
-Front row on Stealth
-Get all the flats done, another Colossus/Saw
-Lunch, followed by Rumba
-Inferno (if I haven't already done it)
-Swarm and Fish
-Rerides
-Finish with a Swarm and Stealth (or other way around, usually front-row on both)
-Try to stay awake in the car but failing miserably
-Getting the laptop and lounge on the sofa
JSMarsden

Never had ERT (But as a 'GP' they usually let you in the gates from 9:30, and you queue around spinball whizzer to get into XSector - unsure if you can head to other parts of the park so easily?)

So, I get in there for 9 as usual, wait around spinball, and head straight to Smiler when available (Usually big queues all day, or so there was, so tend to get it out of the way at the start). This way your on it for about 10:15, and the rest of the day is yours.

Then oblivion, onto Dark Forest, Sky Ride over to FB for Nemesis, Galactica, Sub-Terror?(once was). Then walk back through the Kanyon, hitting duel, and the rapids, sometimes battle galleons and mine train.

By that time its heading on for lunch time, so grab lunch around mutiny bay and head to do the full circuit again, maybe miss smiler and leave till last ride of the day.

If its absoltely dead I still try and get smiler out of the way as it usually holds the biggest queues, that way you can just re-ride everything else plenty of times once the biggest queue has been done (at possibly the smallest it'll be throughout the day)