SeaWorld San Antonio

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
DeanC

LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!! SEAWORLD SAN ANTONIO IS DA BEST THING EVER!
MakoMania

SeaWorld San Antonio have started to tease their 2017 launch coaster which will be themed to SeaWorld rescue.

https://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-sana ... 973430&m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is already the 3rd major expansion to be announced by SeaWorld Entertainment for 2017, after Ocean Explorer at SeaWorld San Diego and InvadR at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, it also follows a strong 2016 with major new attractions like Mako at SeaWorld Orlando, Cobra's Curse at Busch Gardens Tampa and Discovery Point at SeaWorld San Antonio! WOW, this is the most active the company has ever been in terms of new attraction rollouts.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
MakoMania

Discovery Point is NOW OPEN at SeaWorld San Antonio! I'm over the moon with it, I wouldn't change a thing about the new area.

Thrill Geek on twitter has some great pictures:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MakoMania

Reports confirm that SeaWorld San Antonio will announce their new 2017 launch coaster sometime this August.
MakoMania

Screamscape reports that the 2017 launch coaster at SeaWorld San Antonio will be called Wave Breaker: the Rescue Coaster.

I like it :)
MakoMania

SeaWorld San Antonio have announced the theme for their 2016 Howl O Scream event as well as unveiling most of the mazes & scare zones for this year's event.

The event will follow the "evil encore" theme much like the Howl O Scream events at the two Busch Gardens parks.

2016 Mazes:

Scarlett's Revenge (new last year)

Frightmare Forest

ICU: Intensive Cursed Unit

Prey

NEW 2016 maze (not yet known)

2016 scare zones:

Werewolf Alley

Demon Street

Hunter's Hangout

Psycho Path

Vampire Point

NEW 2016 scare zone (not yet known)

As in previous years the parks's two signature halloween shows: Shamu's Rockin Creepshow & Jack is Back will also be returning for 2016!
MakoMania

After the mayhem of earlier this evening (ladyofthelake will know what I'm talking about ;) ) I can now confirm that SeaWorld San Antonio have welcomed a new Beluga Whale calf to the pod! The calf's gender is yet to be determined and has two wonderful whales as parents in Luna and Imaq. Luna was born at SeaWorld San Antonio herself, whereas Imaq is on a breeding loan in San Antonio from Vancouver Aquarium. The calf appears healthy and is interacting normally with other Beluga Whales. This is an extremely exciting time for the entire SeaWorld team but also a challenging one as the first few days of a calf's life are the most dangerous and risky. The Beluga Whale population continues to be monitored 24hrs every single day as the new calf finds it's feet (or fins) in the world!

Learn more: https://seaworldcares.com/2016/08/SeaWo ... luga-Calf/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some pictures:

MakoMania

I wonder what could be happening ;)

MakoMania

An announcement will be made on Monday.
MakoMania

Here is a run down of all the major new attractions at SeaWorld Entertainment parks for 2017 including Wave Breaker: the Rescue Coaster at SeaWorld San Antonio!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/ex ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MakoMania

It has been confirmed that Wave Breaker: the Rescue Coaster will be manufactured by Intamin!
MakoMania

Here's a quick construction update on Wave Breaker:

Part of the main lake by Steel Eel has been drained to allow for construction to happen, it will be re-filled with water before the coaster opens as happened with Mako in Orlando.
MakoMania

12th consecutive post, woohoo!

anyway, here's some construction photos of Wave Breaker opening at SW San Antonio Summer 2017!

Looks as if part of the lake has been drained as happened with Mako at SWO. Looks weird seeing Steel Eel with no water!
Burniel

I'm going to break your post streak to say that Wave Breaker looks awesome. It looks like a coaster that will appeal to everyone and will really fill SWSA's gap in their lineup: a decent unique coaster a family/thrill transition coaster. I'd love to see something come to Orlando, it's the only one without a launched coaster now!

Also, very nice to see Intamin in the US again, their first American coaster in 5 years I believe (?)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Looks fun. I wonder why they didn't go for a Mack launched design like at the San Diego park. Was awesome.
MakoMania

Hot off the press (record time if I may say so myself) I can confirm that Luna's calf (born Aug 11th 2016) has been named Kenai.

MakoMania

An update has recently been posted on seaworldcares.com about Kenai, the male Beluga Whale calf born last summer at SeaWorld San Antonio!

https://seaworldcares.com/en/2017/01/Meet-Kenai/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He continues to be healthy and is now even starting to interact with trainers! He seems to have quite an adventurous personality!

In case you were wondering why he is grey; Beluga Whale calves are born having a grey colouration so that they can blend into their mothers' shadows to avoid being spotted by potential predators such as Polar Bears or Orcas.

In other news, I've heard that the theatrical Beluga Whale, Pacific White-Sided Dolphin and acrobatic show called Azul is to be replaced in 2017 by Ocean Discovery which is a more educational show about the cetaceans.
MakoMania

A new Wave Breaker construction update has been uploaded:

MakoMania

As I reported a week ago, the park have now officially confirmed that Ocean Discovery will become the new permanent show in Beluga Stadium starting on the park's opening day for this season; Feb 25th.

Also on Feb 25th, world renowned conservationist, marine biologist and artist Dr Guy Harvey will be at SeaWorld San Antonio as part of the company's new initiative to raise more awareness about the plight of sharks in our oceans. Millions of sharks are killed needlessly every year in a terrible process called, "shark finning". SeaWorld is working with partners like Dr Guy Harvey and The Humane Society of the United States to tackle this issue and back in 2016 the three organisations wrote a joint letter to President Obama about it. Dr Harvey will be unveiling a brand new mural over at the park's Great White B&M inverted coaster!
MakoMania

I'm hearing that the park are aiming for a June opening for Wave Breaker: the Rescue Coaster :)