Tripadvisor Reviews

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Kraken

I find it very odd that there have been no Tripdavisor reviews of Alton Towers published in the past week. Given that last Sunday was a known travellers day, in past years there have always been one or two [often more] reviews appear commenting on the heightened security / police presence / the fact that the park did not feel safe - especially after dark at Scarefest.

Whenever I have submitted a Tripdavisor review for any venue, it has always been published within two days at most - more often than not it's online before you get the "Congratulations your review has been published" email.

Given the huge pressure on Towers for visitor numbers from Merlin this year, it just seems very convenient that not a single negative comment has been posted by anyone about Easter Sunday on Tripadvisor. (There are plenty of other negative comments relating to ride / food & bev unit closures).

Those who have visited on the two traveller days in the past know that there will have been some incidents - at least a lot of queue-jumping, possibly worse. Add to that that the normal family atmosphere of the park is very different on one of these two days.

I do wonder if Towers Press Office is working with the likes of Tripadvisor / Twitter (there were very few tweets published on the subject too) to keep this off the internet / social media. Very much like Thorpe Park Press Office did on Easter Sunday a few years back (at least 10) to keep the capsize of a rapids raft off the internet (admittedly, it was much easier back then).
JustWill

Don't question the machine ;)

There's probably a reason- maybe they're trying to keep all the people posting about breakdowns off? Or maybe just no-one posted/submitted anything?