Dubai Parks & Resorts

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
NemesisRider

Max wrote:Is Predator a Rage clone?
Yes and no. It's an off the shelf model from Gerstlauer called the Eurofighter 320+ I believe, so not technically a clone.

I think this park looks pretty cool! Predator especially looks like one of the best themed small Eurofighters. However, I can never help but feel Blue Fire clones will never match the calibre of the original as they lack as extensive theming in all the current cases - but this one is still better themed than the Russian one :lol
theparklifekid

Max wrote:Is Predator a Rage clone?
As NemesisRider said Predator is a Rage clone, however its a Mirrored version of it. Think of it as G5 as it is to Oblivion, the same but mirrored.

And on another note Velociraptor does have some theming both indoor and outside the ride

Here is concept art of what is thought to happen before the rides launch.

Here is what you go through after the launch.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
NemesisRider

I'll be interested to see Velociraptor's dark ride section. Might be pretty good, but real theming like on the original is better than screens ;) Something else I've noticed. The "near miss" on the launch doesn't look very near, does it? Here's a picture from the original Blue Fire:

When I rode Blue Fire I thought it was a pretty close near miss! However, the hole is much smaller in width and height on Blue Fire, so I think you might barely notice the near miss on Velociraptor... Then again, I'm pretty biased towards Blue Fire over any clone :P
theparklifekid

So IMG Worlds of Adventure opened a few day ago and it has been receiving very positive reactions from guests!

Park Overview (In Arabic but with subtitles) and POV of "Spider-Man: Doc Ocks Revenge" (at 11:16)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNnW_LNDv9A

POV of "Velociraptor"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEabqlbkRNA

POV of "Predator"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-63CvH ... e=youtu.be

Technically this is the first (and only) Dubailand park to actually be built and opened! So good things come to those who wait, (even if that means 10 years) so I can't wait to get over to the park (when I find the time) and try everything out!
owenrita121

theparklifekid wrote:So IMG Worlds of Adventure opened a few day ago and it has been receiving very positive reactions from guests!

Park Overview (In Arabic but with subtitles) and POV of "Spider-Man: Doc Ocks Revenge" (at 11:16)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNnW_LNDv9A

POV of "Velociraptor"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEabqlbkRNA

POV of "Predator"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-63CvH ... e=youtu.be

Technically this is the first (and only) Dubailand park to actually be built and opened! So good things come to those who wait, (even if that means 10 years) so I can't wait to get over to the park (when I find the time) and try everything out!
Technically this park isn't actually anything to do with DubaiLand. That project stopped along time ago! Dubai Parks and Resorts is the 'new' Dubailand, however it's a completely different company that has set up Dubai Parks and Resorts and it's going along brilliantly, as you've probably seen, with Bollywood park, Motiongate Park, Legoland, Legoland water park, various hotels and the just starting construction, Six Flags.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
Owen

Whilst not officially part of the Dubailand project, I don't really think it matters all that much seeing as it's a new park in Dubai and it means less topics for the moderators to cover! :P

Although I do wonder why Six Flags isn't involved in this topic and is separate for that same reason...
MakoMania

Owen wrote:
Although I do wonder why Six Flags isn't involved in this topic and is separate for that same reason...
If SeaWorld announce that their new middle east parks are in Dubai I want a seperate topic :lol

Or else :twisted:
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
theparklifekid

Owen wrote:Whilst not officially part of the Dubailand project, I don't really think it matters all that much seeing as it's a new park in Dubai
Although its now not associated with Dubailand, it was originally part of the "City of Arabia" section and it has been built on land once occupied by Dubailand. So in a sort of way this is part of the Dubailand project, but isn't an the same time.
owenrita121 wrote: That project stopped along time ago! Dubai Parks and Resorts is the 'new' Dubailand, however it's a completely different company that has set up Dubai Parks and Resorts and it's going along brilliantly, as you've probably seen, with Bollywood park, Motiongate Park, Legoland, Legoland water park, various hotels and the just starting construction, Six Flags.

Surprisingly enough, Dubailand is still a thing happening! They had to sell various land to make sure they would survive. In 2013 Dubailand opened the Miracle Garden (which is quite cool) and currently Dubailand are focusing on the things that are less expensive to build such as housing estates and golf courses. The themeparks are very expensive to build compared to these and have just been put on hold (Universal Studios) and I imagine once they start making a steady return and see if IMG makes good visitors they will return to the themepark projects.
theparklifekid

Taken from Dubai Parks and Resorts website

"While a significant portion of the MOTIONGATE™ Dubai will premiere on 31st October, enhancements of some of the attractions will be ongoing for a couple of months to create the very best experience for guests. During this period a “Discovery” price of AED 240 for adults and AED 210 for children and seniors will be offered."

The regular price of Motiongate per day will be AED330, Bollywood will be AED285 and Legoland 295 (without water park, which will be 240). Multi-Day tickets will be available, too. However, on these, there doesn't seem to be a Discovery price so it might be cheaper to buy single tickets at first.

Here is an Interview with Dan Cuffe who is Director of Operations for Motiongate Dubai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-zTXfScjgY

Interestingly enough, he mentioned that all coasters in the park are original layouts, no cloned rides here folks! He also gave hints to what ride experiances will be like, for example "Capital Bullet Train" will be a Mack Mega Coaster that will take riders forwards and backwards and "Madagascar Mad Pursuit" will be the parks fastest coaster and will be a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster.
theparklifekid

Motiongate, Bollywood and the waterpark have been delayed.

"Dubai Parks and Resorts, the region’s largest integrated theme park destination, announced today that it will now open on 31st October with LEGOLAND® Dubai and Riverland™ Dubai, the retail dining and entertainment district.

Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, LEGOLAND® Water Park and the Lapita™ Hotel will open to the public on 15th November while MOTIONGATE™ Dubai will premiere on 16th December."

Sad news yes, but honestly I was expecting it. When I drove past the site a week or two ago, the site didn't look ready at all, I couldn't even see the Mack Megacoaster being constructed. Oh well, I hopefully will get to visit the opening of Legoland Dubai, but I can't be certain for the others. :(
theparklifekid

MotionGate Dubai Construction Update!

Even though MotionGate has been delayed to December 2016 the park is actually looking pretty good! The following images are from a press release:

The Entrance

"Studio Center"

"Step-Up Dubai: All In!" Theatre

"The Smurfs Village Express" a Gerstlauer Junior Coaster.

"Madagascar: Mad Pursuit!" a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster which will be the parks fastest ride.

"Green Hornet: High Speed Chase" a Gerstlauer Bobsled Coaster.

"Zombie-Land: Blast Off" which is an S&S Shot Tower and will recreate the scene from the movie :love:

"Ghostbusters: Battle for New York" (outside not finished)

The "Smurf Village" area of the park

And finally a restaurant in the Dreamworks section called "The Candy Apple"

Looking good if I say so myself! :D
Liam.W

So many Gerstlauers :love:
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Dom

Wow this is looking incredible. So well themed and looks like it will be awesome.
theparklifekid

Legoland Dubai is set to open very soon and here is a quick video of whats in store at the park!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BABO0FVCWIg

In my opinion it looks pretty cool!
Liam.W

I'm sorry but everything seems too similar to LEGOLAND Windsor. They even have the same models in the Egyptian area! I understand that LEGOLAND parks are going to have similar styles in every park, but some of the things here just seem a little unoriginal.

owenrita121

Liam.W wrote:I'm sorry but everything seems too similar to LEGOLAND Windsor. They even have the same models in the Egyptian area! I understand that LEGOLAND parks are going to have similar styles in every park, but some of the things here just seem a little unoriginal.
But that doesn't matter though. It's highly unlikely that many people visiting this park will have been to Legoland Windsor. It makes sense from a business point of view.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
Liam.W

owenrita121 wrote:
Liam.W wrote:I'm sorry but everything seems too similar to LEGOLAND Windsor. They even have the same models in the Egyptian area! I understand that LEGOLAND parks are going to have similar styles in every park, but some of the things here just seem a little unoriginal.
But that doesn't matter though. It's highly unlikely that many people visiting this park will have been to Legoland Windsor. It makes sense from a business point of view.
I know, but It would have been nice to have some unique things in there.

Chris
Admin
Admin

Nice video.

Although a lot of the models, attractions and scenery are the same as other Legoland parks, this format has worked all over the world, so will no doubt be a huge success here.

Interesting to see the first model world which is indoors - I was wondering how the parks in Dubai will shield you from the heat which is just relentless. The Lego would quickly fade in colour otherwise.

The whole resort, and specficially Motiongate looks fantastic. Some exciting rides have been installed - but hopefully the planned Six Flags park will resolve the issue of no Intamin or B&M's :lol

I'm visiting in January so shall get some more pics.
Burniel

Wait ... The Dragon reaches heights of 50 metres (164ft)?! Yet speeds of only 60 kph (37 mph). Not too sure on that ...

Nice video on the whole. It does seem to be a lot like other Lego parks, but these parks don't need to be unique IMO.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
theparklifekid

Burniel wrote:Wait ... The Dragon reaches heights of 50 metres (164ft)?! Yet speeds of only 60 kph (37 mph). Not too sure on that ...
I am fairly sure that he actually meant 15 metres (49ft), just a translation error :lol

In other news, the other less well known park, Bollywood Parks Dubai is also set to open a few days after Legoland, here are some pics:

The Park Entrance

Possibly the main street of the park.

Nice little model.

The Rajmahal Theatre