Dubai Parks & Resorts

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
theparklifekid

Chris wrote:It's hard to tell from the photo - but is there clear signs of ongoing construction? Seems like there isn't much difference compared to your January photo.
The picture isn't actually mine, its from a friend who took it while staying at the Lapita Hotel, I need to get back to DPR quite soon!
According to him, construction is still in full swing, the picture is taken at a different angle during the morning (which explains the lack of constructors)  but it does show more groundwork has taken place, especially in the background. In the update I did in April, only the entrance plaza shape has been dug out, now other building shapes have been made.
Depending on school and stuff I'll try to get back to DPR in the coming weeks and do a full update.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Chris
Admin
Admin

Awesome. We should get a nice indication when Google update their aerial photo.
theparklifekid

The Hunger Games area of Motiongate and the 2 new rides are now in its soft opening/testing phase, its having its grand opening on the 20th October! This now means that 100% of Dubai Parks and Resorts are now open!

Looks like I'll be needing to head back to the park then!
Chris
Admin
Admin

Bloody finally! Yay!
Ibizarocks16

Thank you very much! Sounds like MotionGate is the one too do when we visit.
theparklifekid

Yesterday night, 'The World of The Hunger Games' finally officially opened at Motiongate Dubai!

So after nearly a year of delays, Dubai Parks and Resorts is officially, 100% complete and open!!
Hopefully visiting sometime this week!
theparklifekid

During my trip to DPR today, I made sure to head to straight to the Six Flags site first thing to see how much has changed and lets just say wow, a lot has changed.

First off, Pulsar clone.

Next we have the entrance plaza and its surrounding building. As you can see from the cars and people a lot is happening at the site.

No idea whats going on here, but progress.

Finally we have a building! According to the plan this is going to be an outdoor theatre and is coming on nicely!

Now during my visit I had an interesting conversation with a DPR official who was working on the planning of this park. He told me the following things:
- The park is actually going to be quite small on opening, smaller than motiongate but slightly bigger than legoland and bollywood.
- There isn't going to be the worlds tallest coaster, as it would take up a large amount of park space and would ruin surrounding views.
- All coasters are clones except the one surrounding the entrance.
- A manufacturer has been decided for the entrance coaster, I'm not allowed to say which one (don't worry its good) but it is NOT a B&M and no rides from them will be present at opening.
- It will have a record breaking flat ride (not allowed to say which)

So yeah, that's a quick update, as an add on I made a video showing a more in depth look at the park:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNnE63XnHn4
Chris
Admin
Admin

Thanks for the update, and glad to see progress.

I do think it is wise to open the park on a smaller scale bearing in mind the peformance of the rest of the resort. Disappointing to hear that the Kingda Ka beater will not happen, and no B&M - it is these type of rides which would stand the park out from the competition.

Nice work on the video.. keep them coming over the next year and a bit! :D
Chris
Admin
Admin

Google have updated the maps for Dubai Parks & Resorts which now clearly show Six Flags Dubai very much under construction. Exciting to see.

Link.
theparklifekid

I'm guessing that that image was taken a while back, as much more work has taken place since then.

In other news at IAPPA, it has been announced that the first 'E-motion Board' simulator will be at Six Flags Dubai, the ride is basically a stand up simulator, a little strange if you ask me!

Video
theparklifekid

Was driving past DPR today, so I took the time to stop by the Six Flags site, heres a video I did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txSC4VjDdcs

Also I took some pictures:

This was taken over the fence of where the entrance will go.

ImageSome pipes and foundations

More stuff

Site overview
Chris
Admin
Admin

Will be fun to watch construction throughout 2018!
theparklifekid

Another quick video I did the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANMTWGeAdvk
theparklifekid

https://youtu.be/TxYJhDM3Jb4

Here’s another update, I can also say the following:

- The main entrance coaster will be a Mack Hyper
- Due to budget cuts the park has been made smaller
- No RMC Goliath unfortunately, instead a GCI
- Maurer Spinning coaster is also present
Chris
Admin
Admin

Thanks for the update. All they needed was one outstanding ride to be a world-class theme park and they seem to have cut that..

Mack Hypers are obviously great - but makes no sense as it will be the same ride type as Velociraptor just down the road..
Bert

Chris wrote:Thanks for the update. All they needed was one outstanding ride to be a world-class theme park and they seem to have cut that..

Mack Hypers are obviously great - but makes no sense as it will be the same ride type as Velociraptor just down the road..
Think of the difference between Blue Fire and DC Rivals. Also DPR already has a Mack Multi Launch inthe form of Capitol Bullet Train.
[Insert Signature Here]
Chris
Admin
Admin

Bert2theSpark wrote:
Chris wrote:Thanks for the update. All they needed was one outstanding ride to be a world-class theme park and they seem to have cut that..

Think of the difference between Blue Fire and DC Rivals. Also DPR already has a Mack Multi Launch inthe form of Capitol Bullet Train.
Yes indeed - but the track and trains will still be the same, regardless of how they theme / colour them.

For a country that wants to be world class in everything they do, a lot of the time very superficially, it's an odd decision not to stick a B&M or Intamin in there.

It's just not going to have me rushing back to visit.
theparklifekid

Just a quickie, I was also told that the park will have a record breaking flat ride, the tallest Gerstlauer Sky Roller. However this was a few months ago, so plans may have changed.
MakoMania

theparklifekid wrote:Just a quickie, I was also told that the park will have a record breaking flat ride, the tallest Gerstlauer Sky Roller. However this was a few months ago, so plans may have changed.
I thought Six Flags were well and truly done with Gerstlauer?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Bert

MakoMania wrote:
theparklifekid wrote:Just a quickie, I was also told that the park will have a record breaking flat ride, the tallest Gerstlauer Sky Roller. However this was a few months ago, so plans may have changed.
I thought Six Flags were well and truly done with Gerstlauer?
It's not a park being built by Six Flags, It's a park being built by DPR with the Six Flags brand.

Six Flags aren't paying a penny towards this and the China parks.
[Insert Signature Here]