Dubai Parks & Resorts

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
MostMagicalCat

http://realestate.theemiratesnetwork.co ... ailand.php
look at this, 2015 got to somehow get there looks fantasic
Last edited by MostMagicalCat on Tue May 30, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[
Kaz

Dubai is one of the worst places I have ever been. It has no life, culture, sole, it's just awful. Yes they have the buildings, but apart from that it's just horrid. You have to go everywhere by road and the landscape is bland and ugly.

Because of this many of the property developers out there and "meeping" themselfs. It wont last.

Rant over,
the park looks nice. :wink:
MostMagicalCat

this would be an entity seprate from the rest of the place, come on 45 major develpments, thats very impresive.
[
Ash

Let them build it!

The arabs dont do anything by halves and they certainly have the money, so i say the sooner the better. And they only like the best so they will probably have the best rides aswell!
Roose

Dubailand is a tourism, real estate, hospitality, entertainment, leisure and retail mega project under development in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It will cover an area of 3 billion square feet (279 million square meters) and its initial infrastructure will be built at a cost of AED 3 billion (US$ 814 million). Dubailand is being managed by Dubai Government's Dubai Development and Investment Authority (DDIA) and is being built to secure Dubai as the premier tourist destination for the Middle East.
Isn't that the company that now own tussaurds?
Liam

Nahh, United Arab Emirates is the country where Dubai is situated! :lol:
I don't think Dubai's boom will last either. They're even currently building 2 skycrapers that are almost double the size of the world's tallest at the moment! After the oil runs out business will move out of the country too, leaving thousands of empty buildings in the desert and a beach hoilday resort.
AstroDan

Knowing Dubai it would probably cost £100 per person to get in and be full of posing rich folk buying £50 queue jump passes.

:shock:
Crofty

Gold plated ride restraints anyone? :P

From what i've seen and heard they are trying to do what Orlando did over 50 years in about 10 years.
I think its too much too soon, they are cacking themselves now beacause the Oil is running out and Tourism seems like the only answer. I don't think I would go over there TBH They don't seem like generally nice people that I would like to meet, maybe time will change that.

:D :D
Sir John Talbot

You shouldn't generalise :wink:.

Yeah, Dubai is going at all this change too fast. It'll be good for there to be another decent theme park in Asia though :D!
Clackers

The theme park is just the tip of the iceberg.

I simply cannot the believe they have made so many man-made islands off the coast of Dubai, shaped as the world. Richard Branson has already bought one of them apparently. :o
BlackHole2006

Hello,
I have recently looked at the dubailand topic on themeparkreview and have forund some pictures of the park models, so I thought You might like to see:

The First Park I saw was aqua dunya (Dunya means world in Arabic. Aqua means aqua in english :lol: )

Falcon City was the second park announced:

pictures of Arabian Legends:

Please Comment!

(If there already is a topic on this, please merge it)
This is my dignature. For now.........
Matt 125

Wow. Looking great! Thanks BH2006.

The themeing looks really good in Arabian part, also those coasters! :D

Dubailand is looking very good!

Matt :D
BlackHole2006

Here is a link to the thread, scroll through the thread to see more information:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... =dubailand

It says dubailand will heve many artificial islands, put together to look like the world map. Here is a picture:

Also, it will have the worlds largest skyscraper:

New construction pics have come in:

Comments Please!
This is my dignature. For now.........
Stevogriff

There was something like that on megastructures a few weeks ago.
Looks good though.

Steve :D
Nemair

[quote=""BlackHole2006""]Here is a link to the thread, scroll through the thread to see more information:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... =dubailand

It says dubailand will heve many artificial islands, put together to look like the world map. Here is a picture:

Also, it will have the worlds largest skyscraper:

[/quote]
Dubailand won't have those, Dubai will, where Dubailand will be located in it.
Thomas

[quote=""Stevogriff""]There was something like that on megastructures a few weeks ago.
Looks good though.

Steve :D[/quote]

I saw that too

It was on witht he palm island one, looks amazing

Thomas
TenZero

This whole land will be amazing, and will hopefully raise the standards of European and UK parks wondering why they dont get as many visitors!
Sean_

I've managed to get someone i know who is working in Dubai to send me some shots of what is going on... well the bill board and advertisment is impressive ! I thought it was the actuall park.
Click Here for Dubailand and pictures of current state. :D
United !
kt

wow thats a good billboard but i dont think that this theme park will really be able to uphold a strong theme and may just dilly dally around iwth un matching ones; i mean racing; comeone; a whole park on racing?
Mattmills

Why wouldnt it be able to hold up its theme throughout? theres a lot of different teams in F1? so perhaps a different area for the majority of teams?
if i remember correctly i think its just for F1 right?