Dubai Parks & Resorts

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Gloomy Dude

Haha. Never mind un-married couples Crofty. Any couples. I believe 'public displays of indecency' (ie, affection) are illegal in this opulent, backwards little squit of a nation. And if you're gay... just forget about it.
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
seanyboyuk

concept and reality never meet which is a shame. enuf said.
theparklifekid

Hello there! Qatar resident here (country next door to Dubai) and Future resident of Dubai (starting in June), and i thought id give a Dubailand Update

Dubailand was a multi-billion dollar project that was ment to include many themeparks including:
- Six Flags Dubailand
- LegoLand Dubailand
- Universal Studios Dubailand
- Dreamworks Studios
- IMG Worlds of Adventure
- Great Dubai Wheel
- F1-X Themepark
- Marvel Superheros Themepark

Many of these parks were meant to open before 2014, but due to the financial crisis most were cancelled, except.....

LegoLand Dubai Resort

They renamed the park and located it to Jebel Ali. The park will feature both a themepark and a waterpark, including the rollercoasters "The Dragon" and "The Dragons Apprentice"
Here is "The Dragon"

Parkmap

The park is due to open this October.

SixFlags Dubai
This park was recently green lit to hopefully be completed by 2019 and will be located in jebel ally
Old Park map concept

Universal Studios Dubai
This park has moved to jebel ally and was recently green lit hopes to start construction soon.
Old Park map Concept

Here is the old location of the park and its unfinished state

IMG Worlds of Adventure
This Indoor themepark will open hopefully at the end of this month and includes the Marvel Superhero Park inside it, and a Mack Mega Coaster "Velociraptor"

The Great Dubai Wheel
In 2006, planning permission was granted for the Great Dubai Wheel, a 185-metre tall (607 ft) giant Ferris wheel with 30 passenger capsules, to be built and managed by the Great Wheel Corporation. It was expected to open in 2009, at a cost of over AED 250 million. In January 2012 it was announced that the Great Dubai Wheel would not be built.
Concept art

F1-X Themepark
This themepark was cancelled due to its similarities with Ferrariworld in Abu Dhabi
Concept art

MotionGate Studios
This park will incorporate the Dreamworks park and hopes to open later this year. Rides includeMadagascar Mad Pursuit will be a “windy course filled with sharp turns” and The Green Hornet: High Speed Chase will have “dizzying drops”. Meanwhile How To Train Your Dragon: Dragon Gliders will be top of the to-do list for white-knuckle enthusiasts. It’s described as “an exhilarating suspended roller coaster soaring high above”. These rides join Capitol Bullet Train, based on The Hunger Games, which was announced in 2015. Beyond that, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs will be built into water rapids, while one of three Shrek activations will be a log flume, Swamp Celebration.
Park map
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
DeanC

Woah!!!! Looks amazing!!! Hopefully I will be able to make a trip there in the distant future... :yikes: :yes: :lol :D
Owen

Here's some more interesting information I found on Motiongate! This new huge theme park and Universal rival is set to open this year with 27 major attractions themed to your favourite movies. The patk will be split into 5 distinct sections -

Studio Central

Lionsgate

Including one area based on The Hunger Games.

Dreamwork's

An indoor theme park with 4 areas themed to Shrek, Madagascar, How To Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda.

Sony Pictures Studios

Including attractions themed to The Green Hornet, Ghostbusters, Hotel Transylvania, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs and Zombieland.

The Smurfs Village

A family area where you can walk around Smurf Village!

The park is set to open with 5 roller coasters, one in The Hunger Games, two in Dreamworks (How To Train Your Dragon and Madagascar, one in Sony Pictures Studios (The Green Hornet) and The Village Express Coaster (Smurf Village). The Hunger Games area has been rumoured to feature a world's first attraction. Below are some concept images for the park, enjoy!

Park overview -

Lionsgate

The Hunger Games -

Featuring two attractions, including one large coaster and rumoured world's first attraction.

Sony Pictures Studios

Ghostbusters -

A world's first family attraction.

Hotel Transylvania -

Zombieland -

Including a 4D cinema (Underworld 4D) and a huge 190ft tall drop tower!

The Green Hornet Coaster -

The Smurfs Village -

Featuring The Village Express roller coaster and various shopping facilities.

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs will feature two attractions.

Dreamworks

A fully indoor theme park experience.

Madagascar -

Featuring one of the fastest roller coasters in the park "Madagascar Mad Pursuit".

Kung Fu Panda -

Includes "Kung Fu Academy" and a fun unique dining experience "Mr. Ping's Noodle Shop" and a 3D motion simulator "Kung Fu Panda - Unstoppable Awesomeness".

How To Train Your Dragon -

Includes a play area "Camp Viking" and a a roller coaster "Dragon Gliders".

Shrek -

Home to two attractions, and a restaurant style eating establishment.

The Motiongate Theatre is a 1000 seat multipurpose theatre, that will feature shows such as Step Up: All In!

I am really not looking forward to this, mainly because now I need to visit Dubai! This looks amazing, and it will definitely be a contender to Universal parks!
theparklifekid

I'll be moving to Dubai in June! So i'll definitely be there on its opening day!
Cobby

I saw this on Facebook the other day so I thought I'd share it but Motiongate has released a 360 virtual coaster ride through the park. I have to say that I very much like the look/direction this park is taking and I'm especially excited about the Hunger Games area. Anyway here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiY5Qp6kRXg
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As was recently announced, phase two of the Dubai Parks and Resorts development will see a Six Flags park open in late 2019 with ground recently being broken to begin its construction.

The latest press release includes a few more details about the development. What I find most interesting is that five of the six themed zones appear to be based around existing Six Flags parks, which may explain why some cloned rides are shown in the concept image.
Dubai Parks and Resorts Breaks Ground on the Construction of Six Flags Dubai Theme Park

The ground breaking for Six Flags marks the start of phase two of the Dubai Parks and Resorts development

Six Flags Dubai will be Dubai Parks and Resorts fourth theme park alongside motiongate™ Dubai, LEGOLAND® Dubai, and Bollywood Parks™ Dubai

Dubai Parks and Resorts today announced that construction has commenced for Six Flags Dubai, the first Six Flags branded theme park in the region, marking the start of phase two of the development.

Planned to open in late 2019, Six Flags Dubai will be the fourth theme park at the Dubai Parks and Resorts destination and will include 27 rides and attractions for all ages across six themed zones; Thrillseeker Plaza, Magic Mountain, Fiesta Texas, Great Escape, Great Adventure, and Great America. Set over an area of 3.5 million square feet with an opening day footprint of 2 million square feet, the estimated cost of the project is AED 2.6 billion.

Six Flags is one of the world’s largest amusement park corporations with 18 properties in the Americas. Appealing to thrill seekers of all ages, Six Flags Dubai will feature at least three world record breaking rides in addition to 6 Roller Coasters, 4 Aerial Attractions, a 350-meter River Rapids ride and 3 performance spaces along with many attractions tailored for younger guests. Additionally, the park will have 16 Food and Beverage outlets and 16 Retail outlets.

Raed Kajoor Al Nuaimi, Chief Executive Officer, Dubai Parks and Resorts, said, “We are delighted to announce that construction has commenced on the region’s first Six Flags branded theme park. This is the fourth theme park at our destination alongside motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai and LEGOLAND® Dubai and it will help us strengthen the appeal of Dubai Parks and Resorts as a must visit destination in the region. Six Flags is a very successful brand in other parts of the world and the introduction of this exciting theme park will further establish Dubai Parks and Resorts as the region’s largest leisure and entertainment destination.”
Owen

Of all the RMC's they could have chosen to clone, they chose Goliath :no:
owenrita121

Owen wrote:Of all the RMC's they could have chosen to clone, they chose Goliath :no:
I wouldn't take them plans to serious, they usually just place a coaster there to show what type of ride will be going where. If they have chosen to clone Goliath, it's a good choice as it's rated one of the best, even if it is a little on the short side.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
theparklifekid

Its great to see that they have started again on this project, I doubt I will still be here when it opens though...

Also I think its cool that a Goliath, Pulsar and Batman clone may be coming, can't tell if thats a Hyper Coaster towards the left and it looks like a Gerstlauer Bobsled coaster is going in the park. Also if you look at the concept art it looks like a good majority of the park will be shaded, which as it is in Dubai (and when I drove past the Dubai Parks and Resorts site, its mostly flat desert) is a very good idea.
Owen

Oh I know not to take this concept art serious! :lol

What I meant by the above was that if they were to clone it, Goliath isn't the best RMC out there (as stated by many people) and so it seems as though they could have chosen something a bit more exciting such as Wicked Cyclone or Medusa Steel Coaster. However, other than this minor bug bear I think that this project looks interesting, certainly not my personal favourite of the Dubailand projects (Universal and Motiongate take that crown) however I will be intrigued to see how this develops!
Owen

Motiongate Dubai News

More news about the Ghostbusters inspired section of Motiongate has been released including information about the world-first dark ride and surrounding attractions.

Ghostbusters: Battle for New York

The world-first interactive dark is set in a replica of the iconic Ghostbusters firehouse building, and is based on the original 1984 movie as opposed to the 2016 reboot that other Ghostbusters attractions are based on.

Concept of attraction facade.

The attraction, which uses a trackless ride system, has guests sit in their own Ecto-Pod armed with their own proton blaster to eliminate paranormal beings such as Slimer, Gozer and of course the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Your tech-filled Ecto-Pod.

Using top of the range projection mapping technology, guests will see the ghoulish beings come to 'life' before their very eyes in various different locations including Dana's Apartment, The Temple of Gozer and of course New York city. After the ride is over and done guests can compare their scores with their friends to determine who is the best ghostbuster there is!

Construction as of July 2016.

Slimer's Diner

After you've defeated Stay Puft you can head to Slimer's Diner, an 80's themed dining experience for the whole family. A fully themed menu, including the Slimer Slush, is available with seating for up to 80 guests to make a memorable dining experience.

Other Entertainment

On top of the above, guests can experience a live musical show, experience live music and have a photo with the ghostbusting group in exclusive meet & greet opportunities.

Personally I think this sounds fantastic, although I'm not so sure about the ride vehicles...
theparklifekid

So yesterday I drove past the Dubai Parks and Resorts on my way to Abu Dhabi to see some friends, so I took a few pics.

So here we have the Miniland Dome for Legoland Dubai and some slides that will go in the Legoland waterpark.

This is the Rajmahal Theatre in Bollywood Parks Dubai, which will showcase a Bollywood musical.

If you look closely here you can The Green Hornet Coaster and what I think is the Hotel Transylvania attraction. This is park of MotionGate Studios

This Building will be home to the Dreamworks part of MotionGate Studios.

Overall the park did look like its coming on nicely, but I couldn't see the Hunger Games coaster anywhere, seeing as how they probably haven't built it yet and they are expecting to open in October, I wouldn't be surprised if it get delayed for a few months.
theparklifekid

Dubai Parks and Resorts have announced that they will be opening on October 31st.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

There are reports that Six Flags Dubai will be home to the world's tallest rollercoaster, beating Kingda Ka's record. Although there are no real details at this stage, it seems to have been suggested that this would be an Accelerator Coaster.
Burniel

I wonder if this really will be the world's tallest coaster by 2019, what with Skyscraper supposedly on the way :P
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
theparklifekid

Well Dubai does like to have the tallest of everything! :lol

I'm just hoping they don't call it "Goliath".
theparklifekid

IMG Worlds of Adventure is set to open at the end of this month (so in a few days :yikes: )
Previews have been taking place over the past few days, so here is a sneak preview of what to expect.

Outside of the park

Park Entrance

The Mack spinning coaster "Spiderman: Doc Ocks Revenge"

The Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter "Predator"

The Huss Top-Spin "Thor Thunder Spin"

A Spooky attraction called "The Haunted Hotel"

An Air Race "Powerpuff Girls: Mojos Robot Rampage!"

And a Mack Mega Coaster (a clone of Blue Fire) "Velociraptor"
Max

Is Predator a Rage clone?
Formerly known as NemesisNosh