Friend's First Ride

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
nemefan08

Sometime this year I will be heading to Alton towers with by friend however he has never been anywhere close to this before (fairs and the West Midlands safari park only). Which ride should he go on first? Should I start him with my first ride (spinball) or throw him in the deep end? Any answers would be helpful!
TRM

stick him on smiler, that could be interesting :lol
MakoMania

Start him on Galactica, not intense and very enjoyable for a beginner.

Then go straight for Nemesis :D
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Owen

Or, ask him what he wants to go on first as opposed to making his mind up for him? ;)
S.J_O'Grady

Well, I'd say either ask him, or Spinball Whizzer.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Adam.W

Nemesis, it's a classic, and my first big coaster.
Liam.W

Adam.W wrote:Nemesis, it's a classic, and my first big coaster.
Didn't work for my Mum, she went on It first thing when she first went last year and she was so ill and shook up she couldn't go on anything for the rest of the day :lol She couldn't even walk straight when she first got off :no:
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Burniel

I used to be really scared of the rides, so I slowly worked my way up, starting with Spinball Whizzer, then Th13teen, then Galactica (it was Air back then, but y'know), then Nemesis, then Rita, then The Smiler and Oblivion (Smiler and Oblivion are kind of interchangable). However, Spinball may be a bad idea, as spinning coasters aren't for everyone and it could put your friend off rides in general if you force them on a ride they dislike.

I'd say Th13teen. It's an excellent family coaster and it's a basic sitdown coaster (until the crypt anyway), but it's thrilling enough to give your friend a proper taste of what the bigger coasters are like.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
nemefan08

Thank you for all of the advice you have really helped. I have already asked and all I got was "I'm not sure what do you want do go on first?". I will consider everything and make my choice closer to the day. Again thank you!!!
Owen

In that case I'd just head around the park normally, don't mess about with going to 13 then back to The Smiler then to here there and everywhere. Just go around the park in your standard clockwise or anti-clockwise way, don't plan you day because you will end up obsessing over that plan and end up having a very unenjoyable day, especially if a certain attraction is unavailable when you intended to experience it.
Justin

Why not try RMT first then walk to Forbidden Valley for Galactica?
You then have the choice of trying out Nemesis before Skyriding it over to CCL for Rita and Th13teen, ending with The Smiler and Oblivion!