Ride Downtime

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Jayvk_

My guess would be even more VR issues.
Dan

Jayvk_ wrote:My guess would be even more VR issues.
I believe Galactica has been having issues with the lift hill this season. The current period of downtime isn't related to the VR.
Dan says hi

Runaway Mine Train seems to have been down since Monday or Tuesday last week. Does anyone know if there's issues with it or is it closed because of SW8 being built?
Also, on a side note reliability in the last month or so seems to have been very good around the resort so hopefully they can keep this up.
Robert.W

I would doubt the closure is due to SW8's construction. It's not like they are right next to each other or anything, so if the Rapids were still open then I'd say it's unlikely the Runaway Mine Train's closure was due to SW8.
I also have to agree that the amount of downtime is getting better overall. I feel quite lucky that every time I went there in the last month that every ride was open, for at least some of the day.

Justin

Dan says hi wrote:Runaway Mine Train seems to have been down since Monday or Tuesday last week. Does anyone know if there's issues with it or is it closed because of SW8 being built?
Also, on a side note reliability in the last month or so seems to have been very good around the resort so hopefully they can keep this up.
It was open on Tuesday. Not sure about Wednesday as I didn't venture that way but it was certainly closed Thursday. The path and area around SW8 was open Tuesday-Thursday so it wouldn't have been down to SW8.
Liam.W

RMT was closed all day Friday too.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

ROYJESS

I'm hearing reports that the RMT is going to be closed for the next 4 weeks due to maintenance 
Liam.W

I couldn't see the train anywhere on Friday. Couldn't see it in the station or at any points along the track. So if the train was actually off then those reports could be true.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Robert.W

It is a little annoying that Alton are rumoured to have maintenance during the season, when in just a couple of months, all the rides will be sitting closed until next year!!

Tom170499

Robert W wrote:It is a little annoying that Alton are rumoured to have maintenance during the season, when in just a couple of months, all the rides will be sitting closed until next year!!
It will most likely be that a fault has occurred that requires urgent attention and cannot wait for the closed season. Health and safety must come before guest satisfaction.
Justin

This is an unexpected closure. The only coaster (that I know of ) that has planned maintenance mid-season is Stealth. Apart from daily checks, all other coasters are checked closed season.
Cobby

Tom170499 wrote: It will most likely be that a fault has occurred that requires urgent attention and cannot wait for the closed season. Health and safety must come before guest satisfaction.
Yeah most likely something urgent and if anything needs doing it is probably best to do it now before the busy scarefest/fireworks season
SmileAlways

ROYJESS wrote:I'm hearing reports that the RMT is going to be closed for the next 4 weeks due to maintenance 
Where did you hear this? I'm visiting in 2 weeks. I doubt we'll get any answers from the park. Alton have been full of either contradicting or vague answers lately
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Instagram (there's bunch of random stuff but a tonne of theme parks): @jess_baker.98
ROYJESS

SmileAlways wrote:
ROYJESS wrote:I'm hearing reports that the RMT is going to be closed for the next 4 weeks due to maintenance 
Where did you hear this? I'm visiting in 2 weeks. I doubt we'll get any answers from the park. Alton have been full of either contradicting or vague answers lately
I think I saw someone posted on the MAP group FaceBook page about someone asking via social media and the reply was 4 weeks, I'm not 100% though
Dan says hi

Runaway Mine Train seems to have now reopened!
ROYJESS

Yes the RMT is now back up and running, 
Tom170499

Does anyone know what’s wrong with Rita? It’s been down for a couple of days now. 
beanz32101

rita was off all day again today, thirteen was off at the start then back on for a short time then off again for the rest of the night.
we got free fast pass to use on hex, thirteen (closed) or spinball in return for waiting 30 mins for thirteen.
jwewan

I'm sure I saw someone in the Facebook MAP group the other day say that they heard a loud bang off Rita a few days ago, engineers have been trying to fix the part. In track I'd presume.
Tom170499

Rita has now reopened :)