Portaventura Trip Help

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Liam.W

I'm going to Portaventura on the 26th May for 7 nights (although some days will be spent in Salou) and I'm staying in the Portaventura Hotel. This will be my first visit so I don't have much knowledge surrounding what rides to get on first and how to avoid queues and where the best places to eat are .etc

If you have any help it would be much appreciated!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

owenrita121

If your staying in the PA hotel I'd get the fast pass, it's about €56 and it's for all the big coasters and a few other things and lasts your whole stay, it helps so much! As for eating, have you gone bed and breakfast or half board? The park has many different places to eat, the Mexican Cantina is my favourite place to eat in the park though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
Liam.W

I'm going half board. As for express (fast pass) I looked into it and I thought the €48 one would be ok. I thought that was just per day per person? Anyway if it is for the entire stay can you buy these on arrival at reception?

owenrita121

If your half board then you'll be eating in the hotel won't you? As for lunch the park has multiple food outlets and the park does advertise the hotel express pass anywhere on the website, but yes it's for your whole stay for €56 and you get them from hotel reception, it's really worth it, you will see boards advertising the express pass when you check in.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
Liam.W

Ok thanks!

Danny

Potentially the greatest benefit of staying at the PortAventura Hotel is that you have your own designated theme park entrance.
I can't recommend the on site hotel fast pass, it offers such great value for money and most of the fast pass queues are still minimal.
Furius Baco is just behind your hotel, and as it's the closest ride to the entrances, will get the biggest queues earliest and last throughout the day. Even the fast pass queue is ridiculous so make sure you're at the hotel entrance so you can get a few rides on that before things get out of control.
I second Mexican Cantina is a lovely place to eat, but I found all the food outlets pleasant.
The shows at PortAventura is really where this park stands out, most are on par with Disney and incredibly entertaining, so make sure you allow plenty of time to see them!
There isn't any rides I done that I didn't enjoy, I didn't do any of Seasamo Adventura for obvious reasons :lol

If you need any other info feel free to PM me, and I hope this is of some help :)
Liam.W

Thanks! So first ride of the day should be Baco to avoid queues? Do you remember seeing any queue boards like at AT?

Alex

There are queue boards all over the park and one of them is right by the entrance to Baco. I'm with Owen and Danny, I'd buy the hotel express pass as it offers really good value for money as during the summer the queues can be huge. When I was there the queue for Angkor was 2 hours and with the express pass it was only 5 mins.
Liam.W

Looks like the trip is back on! Found a hotel way way cheaper and only a 15 minute walk to PA.

So my questions are:
1. How busy may spring bank week?
2. Do they have Single Rider Queues?
3. Do you recommend getting Express Pass at this time of year?

And any tips on keeping costs minimal while we are there.

Thanks! :)

ponder

1. No idea - I went on a Saturday during Halloween and it wasn't too busy during the day time, but got busier in the evening.

2. Not that I noticed, but nor was I looking for them!

3. I'd never recommend paying for an Express pass unless you don't have another option to ride everything. I'd suggest playing it by ear on that one.

For what it's worth, we stayed in Salou kind of inbetween PA and the beach (I seldom stay on site at Theme Parks as it's about 3 times more expensive) and it was perfect. If you don't fancy the walk there is also a motorized train that travels between PA and the main town.

I would personally start at the back of the park first and do Shambhala / Dragon Khan but each to their own. It's a wonderful park to spend time in, even if their headline attractions, Shambhala withstanding, are not the most comfortable.