Heide Park

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
craig.day.92

Im having some issues trying to navigate Heide Park website, I was wondering if anyone has been, If they have any reviews on the attractions, Hotels and general feel of the place. I have a MAP and was going to try and visit in the summer over Europa park or Port Adventure. Any reviews on advice would be great thank you :)
NeoXIII

Writing this for a second time, because my internet broke down the moment I hit submit! XD

I've stayed at Heidepark during the easter holiday weekend the past two years, and it was quite a nice experience. I've been both to their camp and hotel, and it clearly addresses two different audiences: the camp is more suited for group of friends who like to get to the park with a cheap accommodation, while the hotel has a bit more family orientated tone in general. Both camp and hotel have dedicated entrances on the side of the park, skipping the big gate at the main entrance and a big portion of the lake, making it a lot easier to get to the big popular rides!

The park itself is fairly big and offers enough entertainment for everybody. Big highlight is Colossos (which celebrates its birthday with a big retheming this year), Kraken and Flug der Dämonen, Germany's first wing coaster. Make sure you hit those big rides first, as the queue for those can be quite long (especially Kraken during hot days)!

Speaking of queues, Heidepark offers a fast track system, called Express Butler. Instead of using paper cards, you get a device for up to six person which allows you to "queue virtually", while you're off to do other things. There are different packages and prices, differing from how much shorter the virtual queue will be for you (100%, 50% or 10% of the estimated waiting time) and how often you can use it (either once for all featured rides or unlimited times). The Express Butler isn't available every time and only during busy days, so it's worth checking at the kiosk (or at the hotel reception if you're staying there). They will also tell you how busy the park is going to be.

[EDIT] Regarding your MAP, I got a big discount on the hotel as well as for food and drinks, however it was the German MAP. You only get 50% off regular tickets with an UK one, but people at the food shops also accept foreign ones to get 20% off food and drinks.

That is all I can remember on the spot, if you have specific questions, just ask away! :)
craig.day.92

Thank you for your detailed reply, I think ill be looking at the main hotel as such, Its a shame we get no discount with our MAP but I guess 50% of park tickets you cant complain, So its a park well worth visiting then. The rides and theming actually look pretty good from what I can see, Getting there wise is it easy to get to from an airport if I was to fly in from London?
NeoXIII

craig.day.92 wrote:Thank you for your detailed reply, I think ill be looking at the main hotel as such, Its a shame we get no discount with our MAP but I guess 50% of park tickets you cant complain, So its a park well worth visiting then. The rides and theming actually look pretty good from what I can see, Getting there wise is it easy to get to from an airport if I was to fly in from London?
The closest airport would be Hannover, and from there you can take trains to the park. It's a bit in the middle of nowhere, but the train connections seem to be decent:
http://www.hivino.travel/discover-germa ... oltau/e120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Might be worth renting a car in Hannover and drive up there, the hotel offers free parking for hotel guests during their stay.