Merlin Entertainments General Discussion

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
AltonThorpe

When you say it wont exactly be dead, does this mean that there will still be long queues for the fab 4? Also will SAW be 3 hours?
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium
maguire245

At thorpe park, were some of the older queue line themed announcements recorded by staff there themselves?

There's one which goes. 'hold on tight then, here we go' which sounds like a pre recorded simple microphone, with an added echoe effect.
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
CoasterCrazyChris

To keep it short and sweet: is it likely Thorpe Park will be busy tomorrow?

:)
Joel

The crystal ball says... probably medium-to-busy, the weather is supposed to be nice.

Wouldn't exactly expect huge queues for everything though, 30-45 mins at very most?

Who knows. Everyone might decide to go for the day though :P
fiona.anne.keen

I was at Legoland today and bought a poncho from a stand, it was £3 to buy, i presented my MAP and the guy said 'we dont except those' to my surprise. I said but surely you should deduct 20% from a Merlin Stall - he said they dont.

So i queried it at Customer Services a she said if the stand has wheels (!) then you dont get 20% discount But if you walk into a shop, you will!

How does that work then? ! I cant see what difference it makes from a stall with wheels to a hardstanding shop!
Islander

[quote=""fiona.anne.keen""]I was at Legoland today and bought a poncho from a stand, it was £3 to buy, i presented my MAP and the guy said 'we dont except those' to my surprise. I said but surely you should deduct 20% from a Merlin Stall - he said they dont.

So i queried it at Customer Services a she said if the stand has wheels (!) then you dont get 20% discount But if you walk into a shop, you will!

How does that work then? ! I cant see what difference it makes from a stall with wheels to a hardstanding shop![/quote]
Rules are rules, and you've gotta abide by them ;). Any particular reason you've posted the same thing in more than one thread?
Craig

Hi Fiona,

Please continue discussion in this topic for your query and refrain from posting in two topics as it duplicates discussion :).
AdamJ

I thought it would be ok to do a media topic from the Merlin parks.

Here's a bit of ancient Vampire footage, I presume running the old enclosed sit down bat trains, before a lot of the park was constructed way back in 1993!
[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]

Adam.

PS: Sorry if there's a topic already, can't find one
AstroDan

Thanks for sharing. I would always have liked to ridden the Vampire in its original form. The old cars swang much better. It's also a shame to see these classic rides starting to vanish. Eagles Fortress is now SBNO and Big Bad Wolf closes this season.

:(
James6

I agree completely, I wish new versions would be built, they're great family rides!

Thanks, great find :D
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
allen83

hi i will be traveling from down south home to the midlands either Friday or Tuesday and thinking of braking the trip with a day at Thorpe so i need a camp site localish? and what will the queues be like?
thanks Allen
Coke

Laleham park is 15 mins from Thorpe. http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/revie ... revid=1120 or theres always Travelodge Staines (2.5 miles from Thorpe) http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_ ... tel_id=246

The queues shouldn't be too bad.

Are you thirsty?
And.

Are Merlin Magic Passes available for use at Thorpe Park for Fright Nights?
[Archive]

For those of you wondering what this post originally contained, and reasons as to why I have since deleted the text, here is an explanation to satisfy your curiosity. I did ask a rather long winded, complicated question on the subjects of Thorpe Park, Halloween events, money, annual passes and visiting dates. However, since the said Halloween event has finished, as of in two and a half hours from posting time, the query no longer needs an answer. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Last edited by [Archive] on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AltonThorpe

Will Thorpe Park be busy on 8th November?
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium
Mattia

Here we are!

SAW: The Ride - Queueline Ambience

Just thought I'd share the Saw the ride queueline ambience track that is played. This doesn't contain those AWFULLY voice acted spiels in this, just the music.

Enjoy :)
Islander

[quote=""Mattia""]This doesn't contain those AWFULLY voice acted spiels in this, just the music.[/color][/quote]
Are you being serious? The voice-overs are fantastic, IMO. Really add to the ambience.
Mattia

Oh no, they do add to the ambience but they are awfully acted out.
Coke

^^^
Quiet to Average - Make sure you check open times before your visit

Are you thirsty?
teaves17

Me and three others are looking at travelling down to Thorpe Park in April for my birthday.

Just wondering, what are the ticket prices in season, and are there any 'Come back tomorrow' prices like Alton Towers?

Cant seem to find them online :? . Could anyone give my a full price list please, will be greatly appreciated.