Drayton Manor

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Well... what a load of b*llox.

If a huss inverted frisby was capable of giving you a brain hamerage (or whatever he's trying to say) after continuous multiple rides, then you'd think it would simply be illegal.

But some of the staff there are exremely mardy and unco-operative, as I've said previous times... but then what would he get out of telling you to go away :?:

Ooooh I dunno. Something perculiar but as I said I'm sire multiple rides on my baby Mealstrom wouldn't harm you :?.

:firebounce:
Adz
Admin
Admin

huss inverted frisby
Intamin Gyroswing actually...

However thats just the standard spiel most parks put out, afterall, some rides have caused people to faint, blackout, etc after rerides on them.
Anonymous

But Maelstrom isn't exactly the most intense ride in the world :-?

It only spins at 5rpm because any more would cause nausea...so it IS safe...saying multiple rides will harm you is a lie. :x

:twisted: :P
Williscroft

Ive been on it loads and some times when theres no Q ran round and been on the next one and they havent said anything. Maelstrom is far from intense and is just one of the most fun and enjoyable rides out :D i think you just had a moody ride op. If they tolled me no i would complain as there are no signs around telling you no rerides or one straight after another so what gives him the right to say no. Ive done Nemesis 10 times in a row for god sake lol and felt fine, ontop of the world actualy :D
themadman26

Well that ride operator got me a detention with my Head of Year for being late to the Bus. I personally think that it was late and perhaps he just couldn't be bothered to do it again.

Funny thing is my friend who came with us was served by him on nearly 1/3 of all of the rides we went on.

What a lazy idiot.
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere
stokywolf

Well its health and safety to leave the ride and join the que, only exception iv seen is the Winter weekender on the blackhole we got last ride, and the operator asked if we wanted to go round again?

Whilst riding Nemesis on saturday we did single rider came off the ride adid single rider and got straight on, i was feeling to good at the time anyway on the 3rd time as we came out of the sharp helix into the photos i nearly sufferd a blackout everything went.. well black until we came out of the inlinetwist, not the first time its happend to me on Nemesis. Overall its H&S that you leave the ride and have a little break before going round and riding again.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
G-Force

On empty days, aslong as the ops are in a good mood, they just keep the ride cycle going longer, like on apocalypse, they keep you longer at the top, pandemonium they hold you upside down longer. And if you go any lunchtime up to schocwave there is no Queue, all you do is go round and keep walking on. So its probably the chavs had been rude, and said it to make them not come back on it that day.
R U Ready TO Experiance The Force Of The G
plasticboy

But some of the staff there are exremely mardy and unco-operative,
All the staff at DMP are mardy! Ive never seen a happy staff member there!
G-Force

When i have been they have all been , they even gave us free goes on the game stalls, but i met 1 moody one, we were having our free goes on the games, and they swapped staff, he let us carry on, but instead of passing us the balls, either hed throw them at us or throw them over us and let them roll somewhere. But the all the actual ride ops are kind and a very fit 1 operating the rapids last summer. Beacuse the fat stall person was annoying us we took a photo of him, which he came chasing after for and tried to destroy it but we escaped, so i shall post the picture later to name and shame him. :)
R U Ready TO Experiance The Force Of The G
plasticboy

I know there are some fit ride ops there. I aint been since the end of last season so maybe the staff moral has changed since i last went.
Dom1991

Last time we went with me and my Dad we just went back and forth between Nemmy and Air about 3 times I think. We pretty much had no break between each of the rides apart from the break down on air and the queueing. Nemmy was pretty much walk on.

I haven't rid Maelstrom. We were going to ride the Thunderbug (I think that's what it was called which is at West Midland Safari Park but it broke down.
Fanta

[quote=""stokywolf""] Overall its H&S that you leave the ride and have a little break before going round and riding again.[/quote]

That does depend from park to park. Alton denies any chance of a reride whereas Thorpe and Chessington actually encourage you to stay on if theres no queue.
draytonmanorplus

I agree 100% with maelstrom, Alton Towers is a good theme park but i some how like Drayton Manor more, due to the fact it is more compact and the rides they do have are actually quite good. Personal Oppinion.

Williscroft

Maelstrom, I agree with every last bit of your post except one bit lol. The hotel has already had its planning passed and they have permision, this was in the a local paper quite some time ago and if you go on www.draytonmanor.co.uk and click the link for the park map, have a look up by the camp site you will see "new hotel site 2007" or something along those lines :D Cant wait for it to open :)
Northern_Rider

Flamingo Land has had a very large caravan site at the park for a long long time, back in the days when the park was basically a large fun fair.

So i cant see why there would be any harm for DM to build a hotel/waterpark and log cabins.

Its a sensible step.
Anonymous

Not when they could be using the money on the Theme Park, which I think you'll all agree the Theme Park should be their priority at the moment.

I wouldn't really think this is all such a negative thing if big expandature plans were in for the parks future but so far we haven't even got a new ride for next year! And ontop of that, the park seem to be unnessacarily splashing even more money away on a waterpark... which obviously is copying Alton Towers unless you can name another UK Theme Park with a waterpark also. It'd be much more wise to use the waterpark budget for working on the park experience, which at present times can only be compared to that of a fair, or BPB.

DMP are really running before they can walk. They are setting a resort basis around an extremely average Theme Park. They should strive to become a short break destination, by all means, but not if they are willing to put this before what should be there main priority... their Theme Park!!!
Phil

[quote=""Northern_Rider""]Flamingo Land has had a very large caravan site at the park for a long long time, back in the days when the park was basically a large fun fair.

So i cant see why there would be any harm for DM to build a hotel/waterpark and log cabins.

Its a sensible step.[/quote]

I agree. Seems like a good idea to me. If DMP want to get bigger than this idea would make perfect sense. They aren't 'copying' AT, it's a simple business plan to maximise profits!
Anonymous

But that's exactly the point. DMP obviously doesn't want to get bigger.

Whilst all these resort plans are coming ahead, the park is still very small. Resort are always based around the theme park and at this rate you could fit in the theme park and any waterpark in one day anyway.

And I'm still waiting to hear what other UK Theme Park has it's own branded Hotel and special accomodation for a waterpark. Of course they are copying!!!
Williscroft

Burn.e, For the last time their not copying lol. Thats just like saying no one else can have a vertical drop coaster as Alton Towers have already done it, no one can have an enterprise because some other park had it first. If that was the case there would only be one of everything and you would have to travel all over the world to do these things. Drayton Manor is more than just your average park and anyone can see that. You dont know all their plans they have, for all you know they could be planning to open a huge coaster in the next few years. The Hotel and Waterpark will help attract more people to the park and in the long run make more money than just what the theme park is at the moment meaning the theme park can then be improved. To me this is one of the best ideas the park could have, its been proven that this country is having longer and hotter summers and alot more people have started coming over here for there holidays, their all going to need some were to stop and things to do. I cant wait for construction to start on the hotel now and hopefuly the waterpark wont be to far behind :D
Northern_Rider

Flamingo Land have a kind of water park, they have an indoor pool and entertainment complex and have had this in place for quite sometime.

Even back in the day when the park really was shocking (altho i have never been to DM it has more to it than FL did 10 years ago).

There is no copying about it, they are building something at their park that has been done before but this happens in all walks of life. What else would they build instead of a water park?? They will know that it has worked well at AT and other places around europe/american so they want to install one themselves.
which I think you'll all agree the Theme Park should be their priority at the moment.
Why should it be though? Obviously the DM board currently feel they need a hotel and waterpark at the front of their longterm plans.

Deal with it!