The World of David Walliams

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
The Nemesis Fox

Il, personally think that if they can get a contract for Tom & Jerry and turn CCL into Tom & Jerry Land. I think that everything gets removed except the 4D cinema. There could be a replacement 4D show and you could move spinball and add lots of other rides...
Awright92

Ice age land
owenrita121

Nothing. I really like CCL, it's nice to have an a family area not based around an IP, I know they have Ice Age and Charlie but the land it's self isn't an IP, I forgot how pretty the buildings and that are in CCL too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
Dom

Cloud Cuckoo Land is one of those areas in the park that needs something doing to it, but at the same time is nice the way it is. I think one of its issues is also one of its greatest assets. It is slightly tucked away from view, which is both a good thing and bad thing, but i think its biggest issue is the fact that it seems a bit mashed together. I think if they give it a bit of tlc and really focus on the area for a few months than i don't see any reason why it should change. Although a Tom and Jerry land would be awesome. Its got me thinking about Itchy and Scratchy land in The Simpsons :lol
DavidA

I have always thought a Lego land would fit well..... would be for the next age group up from
Cbeebies. Which is needed. And I don't think the IP would be to hard to get. Would not take much to put a Lego theme to the driving school. They is already a Lego 4d film. Some large in door areas for a play center. And catcf could have life brought back in to it by travelling through the lego themes with out changing the ride hardware.
MakoMania

I could potentially see a Lego themed dark ride replace CATCF but Merlin would have to weigh up the challenges it might pose to Legoland parks. I think CCL as a whole could stay for quite some time though if they keep changing the 4D shows every few seasons.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Master_feedback

I think that driving school will get moved to cbeebies
I can see a legoland center like manchester going their in its place and a lego 4d

Tom and Jerry's not a chance ..... why well its a very old ip and its not on tv any more because its considered politically incorrect the negative pr alone would rival the little bump from last Year
CJH

Since when was Tom and Jerry not on TV? I can get it on demand with Sky and see it plenty of times on cartoon channels.
Sr88

How about merging it into the forest section, potentially for future investment. It definitely has great potential.
stealthsmiler

I think CCL should be replaced with a unique theme to AT. I think the Enchanted Forest theme would work really well for the area. Firstly because of the EV and linking it too the park but also because TDF is around the corner. TEF would be a magical child friendly area that could then transition into TDFs more grown up area. One thing that I would love to see is the Skyride stations become themed. If the Skyride and BK could be themed to TEF with a magical welcome. Then there could be a story point similar to the bookworm from Storybook Land telling children not to go to TDF. Signage in the area would have TEF looking up kept and magical and TDF looking older and not looked after. TDF could then receive a boost to its theming to go with the story line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sr88

I think having the two forests next to each other could clash a bit. They could be a bit confusing for people who don't know the park well, and I feel like their themes would just be too similar.

That said, it would depend on how it was done.

Personally though, I would keep CCL exactly themed as it is. It hasn't really been there for very long, and there's a lot of space available to develop it.
Master_feedback

CJH wrote:Since when was Tom and Jerry not on TV? I can get it on demand with Sky and see it plenty of times on cartoon channels.
I stand corrected seams Warner had a pop at a reboot in 2014 but as I don't get the cartoon network I didnt know that (it seams that 6.2 million of the uk can watch it)

The fact still remains that the cartoon has a none politically correct history that has resulted in old shows having to be banded or edited ... and it would be that angle that press would take
stealthsmiler

Sr88 wrote:I think having the two forests next to each other could clash a bit. They could be a bit confusing for people who don't know the park well, and I feel like their themes would just be too similar.

That said, it would depend on how it was done.

Personally though, I would keep CCL exactly themed as it is. It hasn't really been there for very long, and there's a lot of space available to develop it.
The way I'd see it be done is it would effectively one big theme where TDF is apart of the TEF that had been taken over (enter 13s theme). It would be that dark area at the back of the good area where you "shouldn't " wander. Kind of like how in Harry Potter there is diagon alley which is a nice area that everyone goes but then there's also Knocturnal alley. The dark and evil part that you should stay out off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cookiee_munster

I still think it would be great if Aardman and Merlin teamed up and created a whole new world of characters they could base rides and attractions off.

Cloud Cuckoo land as it is started off pretty strong with Merlin's own take on original characters, that's what i like to see, some originality and not always having to trust in an IP to market your product. if you make a product strong enough and likeable then it does all the hard work for you.

The key is storytelling. if the land and its characters have a good enough story, then there would be no problem for rides and stuff to be based off this.

The other great thing is coaster corner, just off from this land is a pretty large area that could be used for another great dark ride.

unfortunately the miss-mash of cuckoo characters, Charlie and ice age just doesn't seem to make it very cohesive right now...
JonDoesTT

I really do like CCL, but it needs improvements, which I'm sure they're already doing with the TLC program.

If I had to say, I'd replace it with a really well themed area that would be immersive for people of all ages and was able to keep the atmosphere that CCL does. Basically just CCL with major improvements.

I don't think having an IP would be a good idea, as I'm not a huge fan of areas with an IP, other than the SAW area at Thorpe Park.

Credit to NemesisRider
Justin

I suggested this as a brand new area for the Flume site, but it could also work with the Towers and Cloud Cuckoo Land being so close; however, a Wizarding World would be fantastic for the area! Mix this with Hex and the CATCF replacement and you've got a well themed area!

No IP, but just Merlin Magic!
Tom

I think to bring in an external IP for a whole park area would be a mistake, as it runs the risk of going out of fashion quickly. What they've done with Cbeebies is quite clever really, focussing on an actual TV channel as opposed to a particular programme or film means that as times goes on they could potentially just update the attractions to feature new characters etc at a relatively low cost.

A Lego themed area of the park would be awesome, it could even include a mini-towers.

This area of the park has been a bit hit and miss for a while, The Land of Make Believe, Cred Street and Cloud Cuckoo Land are effectively the exact same thing with the exception of different paint jobs. It would be nice for a solid consistent theme to be applied, maybe even a return to its original concept but in a modern twist would be nice.
Ensee

They should just dust off the plans for what was Jazz Land. Turn Charlie and the Chocolate factory into a shoot the chute ride, add in an indoor ride (coaster?) in the vacant land to the west. That helps with noise abatement, if nothing else.

Jazz Land was a nice idea for that end of the park. Looking back at the plans now it seems like it would have been ideal to use the theme from Hex or the history of the Towers across several rides. With Thirteen being built in the years since, though, I don't know if you could stretch the whole Dark Forest idea across too many rides.

It'd be worth it, though. It is strange that given the park are named after the Towers, so little is made of them and the myths around the parks history. Looking at the then proposed indoor ride for Jazz Land, maybe it was meant to be a haunted house. That'd let you demolish the old one, use a bit of the car parks behind it over in Gloomy Wood and expand the Forbidden Valley end of the park for the Big Thrills coasters.
jaybee85

I'd always thought that the Towers and the Dark Forest should kinda be merged together into one area too.
If the facades on the buildings were done right, they could be made to look like parts of the Towers, kinda like Thirteen is.
I've always thought that Thirteen and Hex complement each other quite well as attractions.
S.J_O'Grady

CCL currently looks a lot like CBeebies with its bright crazy colour scheme. I think it would have been much better to simplify it by just having it all pink and blue perhaps (it looks kind of like that on the new map). Unfortunately, they had the opportunity to repaint the theatre however they liked and they made it look like it belongs in CBeebies Land. :no:
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.