Efteling

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

In the live stream this morning they showed both of the preshows. In total they're about three minutes long, and seem like they'll be reasonably interesting to watch, but I know some people had worries that they'd not be as engaging after several rerides.

You can watch the preshows here, as part of the full video of this morning's official opening.
Aidan Lowe

Another video entry: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice to see Hardwell the DJ there.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
lewis97
Admin
Admin

With Efteling staying open until midnight on Saturdays through the Summer season, guests have been able to ride Baron 1898 at night. This adds another level to the ride experience, with various lighting effects illuminating different elements of the ride as the train traverses them. There is some night time off-ride footage here.
Ripsaw Raver

can anyone actually explain what the white woman say in the pre show and in the pre lift show.

I gather in the pre show we are told not to go for the gold and in the pre lift show we are told that we were warned and prepare to face the consequences, it would be interesting to know just what is actually said, looks like a fantastic attraction, shame about the throughput though
Tailmartian

It's really nice to read your reactions on the construction and opening of this new ride. On the Dutch forums there's quite a few people that still find ways to complain or discuss really silly things because they've been to Efteling to often.

I've done the ride multiple times now and it really is a great ride. Sure the ride is a bit short, but given the height restrictions that Efteling has to cope with they really pushed it to the limits of what's possible.

I don't have a full translation of what the White Women say/sing at hand. But you've summed it up pretty well Ripsaw Raver. In the first pre show they sing about not going further and that they are the protectors of the gold. Finishing with "You've been warned" which shoots shivers down your spine first time you hear it. In the pre lift show they indeed tell you that you have been warned and it is finished by the Dutch saying "Hoogmoed komt voor den val" which (if I'm correct) translates to "Pride will have a fall".
Ripsaw Raver

Pride comes after a fall by any chance, thanks for all that though
Tailmartian

Literally it would say that after pride comes a fall. In your bit it would be the other way round which kinda defeats the purpose of the sentence :)

Also I had the change to ride the coaster some more and I can add that in the pre show the White Women also warn you to not go any further and return home. In the pre lift show they also state, after the bit that you have been warned, that they will sabotage your descent.

Now the gaps should be filled in for you :D
Last edited by lewis97 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling Errors
Ripsaw Raver

Ok from what i gather now, the White Woman sabotage the steam engine(putting out the flames sending them blue, causing the engine to pick up too much speed and working over its power, you get to the top and hangover ( i beleive at this point the car is meant to be lowered into to the mine shaft) But the White Woman have done their work as they swirl below waiting for you and then the machine under so much power breaks, the cable snaps and instead of slowly being lowered in, you fall at high speed straight into the shaft below where the WW exact their revenge(Inversions etc) Starting to become obsessed with this amazing attraction, really need to get there and experience it for real.
Ripsaw Raver

Some wonderful person on Youtube has done a full translation of The Preshows and PreLift shows.
Link below but for those with no time lol
This is what the White Women sing

Preshow
"Miners don't go further into the mine, go back home
We White Women protect the gold!
YOU ARE WARNED"

PreLift
"You were warned!
Disobedient
We, White Woman, Protect the gold
AND SABOTAGE YOUR DESCENT!
HIGH COURAGE IS MORE IMPORTANT
THAN THE DESCENT!" ( I still think this is more Pride comes after a fall)

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aidan Lowe

A 360° video from official Efteling channel: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aidan Lowe

A winter advert for Efteling: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rita Fan

I didn't see any mention of baron 1898
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Aidan Lowe

Ravelign highlights from TPW, just shows you how much British theme parks are lacking in the ents department outside of the seasonal events.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ladyofthelake

Efteling have announced details of their most expensive ever dark ride costing 35 million Euros and is set to open the the summer of 2017.

Symbolical: Palace of Fantasy will be the park's fourth dark ride and will be located in the centre of the park forming part of Efteling's 65th anniversary celebrations.

Visitors will enter the attraction and be met by their host - Pardoes the Magic Jester before boarding a six person ride vehicle for their journey. Once seated, each vehicle will have a choice of one of three different routes through the palace, each of which will feature unique adventures and interactive elements.

Speaking about the new ride Efteling president and CEO Fons Jurgens said:
"Every ride will guarantee wonder and amazement and excite the imagination in a new and different way,"
Concept art.

I'm quite excited by the prospect of this new ride from Efteling. If the park's other attractions are anything to go by the theming will be stunning. I might have to plan a return trip to Efteling for 2017 or 18 ;)
Dom

This looks really good. Efteling really do go all out with themeing so this is going to be very exciting.
Liam.W

Saw this the other day on the park's facebook page. The concept art looks really well themed and I'm sure efteling will pull this off beautifully!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Stan.H

Im glad a park other than Disney (& Universal) go all out with theming, it is very rare I say a ride is beautiful, but for sure, this ride definitely falls into that category. This will definitely put Efteling on my parks to visit in 2017!
Owen

360 Videos have posts a video of Baron onto their Facebook, it's really a new level of POV where you can use your phone to looked around while on the ride!

Video here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The park have posted a couple of photos on Twitter today, with construction now officially underway. There are 646 of these posts to go in.

Michelle

Efteling is SUCH a beautifully themed park, I wanted to try and return this year but I may have to hold off until 2017 now so I can experience this. I look forward to seeing the developments as the attraction progresses this year, I was even impressed by the pre-show of Baron, so I'm sure this will be really something to watch.