Efteling

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here's a look at Symbolica's foundation work, with these images from Vijfzintuigen (which in turn look to have been taken from various sources).

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Efteling have today released concept art for 'Efteling Village Loonsche Land', their new accommodation offering that will open mid-2017. The 1000 beds that this adds to Efteling's accommodation are divided into flats, a hotel, themed rooms and group accommodation.

Hotel - 75 rooms, 4-6 beds per room

The House Woodland - 12 beds

The Holiday Houses - 65 houses, 6-12 beds per house

Woodland Houses

Dune Houses

Heathland Houses

Themed Rooms - 20 rooms, 4-6 beds per room
Room Tree is built on high poles so you can look out over the tree tops of the 'Loonsche Land'. In Room Dune you sleep among the dunes, where the rabbits play close by. For water lovers Room Water is a beautiful accommodation built on poles in the water. Enjoy the comfort of a hotel and the privacy of your own holiday home.
Full details are available on Efteling's website, with rooms being bookable from mid-2016. As with all Efteling's developments, this does look like it will have a really authentic feel to it and no doubt indicates their desire for continued growth and expansion.

In other news, here are the latest photos of Symbolica's construction from Vijfzintuigen Forum.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

It's been two months since the last update here, but Symbolica has now very much gone vertical. Here are some recent photos from Vijfzintuigen Forum which were taken as the roof of one of the sections was lifted into position.

Efteling also posted some official photos on their Facebook yesterday.

Liam.W

Can someone explain what Symbolica will actually be? (Dark ride, flat ride, coaster etc.) The only thing I know about it is it looks like a fairytale castle :lol

EDIT: After looking a page back I noticed it is to be a dark ride!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

archie.mm

Liam.W wrote:Can someone explain what Symbolica will actually be? (Dark ride, flat ride, coaster etc.) The only thing I know about it is it looks like a fairytale castle :lol

EDIT: After looking a page back I noticed it is to be a dark ride!
Yeah, its a dark ride.
Visitors will enter the attraction and be met by their host - Pardoes the Magic Jester before boarding a six person ride vehicle for their journey. Once seated, each vehicle will have a choice of one of three different routes through the palace, each of which will feature unique adventures and interactive elements.
I remember seeing a company a while back advertising this. I assume its the same people.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

These latest images from Vijfzintuigen Forum show that Symbolica is progressing well!

Vladimir Bobinski

So I made my first ever European theme park visit on Friday 29th, I'll write a longer opinion post later but for now a couple of pics of Symbolica I took while I was there. Overall, a very enjoyable visit, expectations exceeded.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Symbolica has been 'topped-off' as it were!

Source: Efteling Twitter
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Almost two months since the last update in here, but it looks like the facade is pretty much complete and looking quite stunning going by these photos posted by Efteling on Facebook.

Ladyofthelake

Efteling have tweeted a sketch of one of the interior rooms for Symbolica. The image shows the lobby where guests will be led reday for their audience with King Pardulfus. just like everything else about this project, this looks like it will have some stunning theming and I can't wait to see how the final interior turns out.

ROYJESS

Looks stunning :D looks like Alton could learn a thing or two about what I call real themeing ;)

It's been a few years since I been to Efterling, looks like I need to book a trip to go there in the next few years :P The only thing stopping me is Jess's health :cry:

Roy :)
Ladyofthelake

Python, the 35 year old Vekoma double loop corkscrew coaster at Efteling, looks set to get a complete overhaul next year. Efteling's maintenance schedule shows that the coaster will be closed from 10th April until 30th June when, according to Loopings(page may need to be translated from Dutch), the ride will receive an almost total track replacement with just the lift-hill and station track remaining of the original.

It's interesting to see that Efteling are going down this route rather than commissioning a whole new ride. It seems they've taken the decision to preserve one of their most iconic rides rather than remove it.
NemesisRider

This is a very interesting move from Efteling. Most parks are trying to get rid of their Arrows/older Vekomas, not preserve them! I find this move especially interesting as Python runs vest restraint trains, which are considerably more comfortable than the original trains and I believe MK-1200s. Either way, it's nice to see old rides cared for.

But if they are replacing the track, why not change some of Arrow's/Vekoma's infamously weird and uncomfortable banking? It'd much improve the ride (I felt Big Loop's banking to be quite weird at points, and that was with good trains and in the front) and now would be the perfect time to fix it!

I wonder if more parks will replace track on old rides? First Hulk, and now Python, it might become a trend to add a new lease of life into classic rides.
Tom

Such an excellent move by Efteling, it would be a travesty to lose this roller coaster.

I very much look forward to revisiting again at some point in the future. :)

[Symbolica is looking epic.]
Liam.W

Nobody has mentioned this in here yet, but it seems that The Flying Dutchman/De Vliegende Hollander is having some of its track replaced over closed season.

Photo from Wonder World
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Like with Baron 1898, Efteling are producing a 'Making of' series for Symbolica with the first episode released today. The episode provides an overview of the concept for the attraction and explores the development of the idea, which actually goes back a number of decades. I also think it highlights the contrast in the development processes of, in this case, Efteling but would probably also apply to the likes of Europa Park, and those of Merlin attractions which seem to be far more corporatised.

As the video doesn't quite show the latest progress on the attraction, here are some images of Symbolica from plaetjesmakers.nl.

Chris
Admin
Admin

So beautiful..
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The next episode of The Making of Symbolica has been released, providing what seems to be a fairly recent look at the progress on the attraction's exterior, as well as some of its interior. The video also showcases some of the techniques used during construction to ensure Symbolica has an authentic appearance.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Efteling have posted episode 3 of The Making of Symbolica, which focuses on the production of the attraction's soundtrack and some of the sound effects that will be used in the ride. The video also seems to hint towards a reveal of the ride vehicles in the near future...

It has also been announced today that there will be a special palace garden on the roof of the attraction which will include 800 solar panels.

Michelle

I've finally had the time to sit and watch the updates, and well, wow.

I am so excited for this development, the passion that the people involved are showing is so infectious.
They say that they are hoping that this helps them along towards their target to get more people visiting in the next few years and I certainly think it will do that. Europe always do dark rides much better than the UK, and the level of detail going into this is enviable ... maybe Merlin need to get Mr O.J.Punctuel on board with SW8 to give them a few tips about detail and timing ;)

I'm really looking forward to the next installment, as Lewis says I'm pretty certain we're going to get a look at the ride vehicles next.