Efteling

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Efteling is holding a media day today for Baron 1898, which is taking place in the tunnel.

[align=center]Image[/align]
It has seen the release of an on-ride POV as well as a visual of the ride's layout. This finally confirms that there will be the initial drop into an Immelmann, then up to a zero-G roll before entering an upwards helix, over a camelback hill before the final turn into the brakes.

They have also unveiled a model of the coaster.

All of this along with recent construction progress has been documented in the latest 'Making Of' episode that was also released today.

It's also been noticed that the straight section between the lift hill and drop enables just one chain will be used for both the lift hill and holding brake.

Source: Themepark.nl
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here are some photos from today of the finished chimney, what I believe to be transfer/maintenance building track and a piece of track being lowered into the tunnel. You'll find all the photos and more here.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Another piece of track went in today as well as a shiny piece of theming - Source.

Morgan

:love:
I love looking at it like I love looking at The Swarm
Themeparksandy1981

If you look at Alton Towers SW coasters the theming of the coasters has got less and less cause they spent most of the budget on the coaster and it's design to make it a world first coaster as that's what draws guests to the park not highly themed rides.

Anyway back onto topic you only got to look at the other rides this park has to offer and how well themed they all are. I wonder when the coaster is planned to open as it looks no where near finished.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Part of the Immelmann is now up.

Source: ROJApers Twitter
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The main portion of the lift hill is now in place.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

The lift platform was placed this morning, with the lift being topped about an hour ago.

Ladyofthelake

Wow, this certainly seems to be being constructed at quite a quick pace! It's looking fantastic - I'm loving all the little details in the theming.

Thanks for all the updates Lewis :D
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A July opening has been confirmed.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

After struggling to get the arches on the lift hill up yesterday, they're now in place after retrying today.

Source

However, more significantly today is the completion of the near-vertical drop, shown in these images from Vijfzintuigen Twitter.

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]
Martin

Thanks for all the updates Lewis And please keep them coming.
The ride and theming are both looking brilliant so far.
Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to ride.....eventually.
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Dan

The theming on this project is top class, thanks for providing us the updates Lewis.

Is it just me that thinks the drop is a bit smaller than anticipated? Can't quite put my finger on it but something doesn't look right.

Maybe it's the massive lift hill structure behind it taking some of the emphasis off the actual drop.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I was mistaken, the smaller arches still don't fit...

Source

Also, here's a new visual which has been displayed on a board in the park.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Lots of supports for the first portion of the layout were placed today. Head over to Vijfzintuigen for plenty more photos of today's progress.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

The track for the Immelmann up until the bottom of the transition into the zero-g roll was completed today. All photos and more are available here.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

About two thirds of the zero-g was erected today. See more here.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

The rest of the zero-g roll was finished today, followed by the track for the first portion of the helix being placed. These images come from ROJApers' Twitter.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

After the focus shifted to the theming around the ride during the past few days, trackwork resumed again today with the majority of the helix now erected which also means all the supports are finally in place.

[align=center]Image[/align]

Source: Vijfzintuigen Forum
Jack

Construction crew be like:

On a serious note, the construction seems to be going well, and something I keep noticing is that the lift hill is surprisingly dominant over everything else on the ride, I think it may have something to do with the supports. the lack of a turn might have something to do with it as well.

Really looking forward to seeing how it looks when it's finished and I really hope I can get to ride it in the coming years :)