Thigns to do out side the resort in January

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
dmmosh1

Hi I'm thinking of going to stay in the hotel towards the end of January but I was wondering if there is any other activities around the Alton area to keep me entertained, I know the resort has the gold/treetop quest but I was thinking off activities near by like quad biking if there's any thing like that

Thanks
Altontowersbarlow

Farely and the surrounding area mainly consists of lots of accommodation and B&B's due to the rural village nature of the place. This makes Alton Towers the only real desirable location in terms of days out and activities unfortunately. I realise you are maybe interested in other things rather than just the Alton Towers resort, but if you plan your break and visit the water park, spa and high ropes course, you could fill quite a lot of time. Sorry this isn't much help but Alton is a pretty quiet place.
Morgan

I believe the Peak District is near by if your into climbing and walks :)
Stan.H

Brailsford has a great paintball place, called Wild Park, about 35 mins drive away, worth the drive, and has some great scenarios, and quite fairly priced.
definedancing

Emporium wrote:Brailsford has a great paintball place, called Wild Park, about 35 mins drive away, worth the drive, and has some great scenarios, and quite fairly priced.
I always drive past Brailsford on my way to work, wondering what the place was. Might have to give it a try. ;)
Stan.H

definedancing wrote:
Emporium wrote:Brailsford has a great paintball place, called Wild Park, about 35 mins drive away, worth the drive, and has some great scenarios, and quite fairly priced.
I always drive past Brailsford on my way to work, wondering what the place was. Might have to give it a try. ;)
Oh do! Its a great day, or half day out! So you pay about £20 to get in, that includes parking, equipment (with a £1ish up-charge for gloves) and from last time I went unlimited tea, coffee and squash. They sell hot dogs and stuff as well! The paintballs are pay as you go, but not over-the-top in pricing, the flash bangs and smoke bombs are the best, especially in the tower game!