Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I believe I saw someone comment about a lack of places to sit around the theme park, well I expect this will go some way to helping with that...
Towers Loving Care wrote:65 new park benches arrived today & tonight we have started to position them around the park #TowersLovingCare

Tom170499

lewis97 wrote:I believe I saw someone comment about a lack of places to sit around the theme park, well I expect this will go some way to helping with that...
Towers Loving Care wrote:65 new park benches arrived today & tonight we have started to position them around the park #TowersLovingCare

This really is great, someone mentions benches, the next day we have benches. Someone mentions the logos on The Smiler trains, the next day we have logos! It really does show that management do listen :)
Ryan.B

There's a lot of wood for TLC, hope it stays the same for SW8 ;)
Kraken

The new benches will be welcomed by many guests I am sure. I am fine being on my feet all day at a theme park, but some friends I visit with like a sit down (which is a good excuse to visit the Tavern - they dragged me in there, honest!)

Lets hope that the benches don't get festooned with graffiti. in theory they should not as they will be in public areas, unlike the queue lines where the "artist" can have 10 of their friends either side of them whilst they deface the fence.

The thing Alton Towers (& indeed pretty much all UK parks) lack is undercover seating that can be used without feeling obliged / having to purchase something from the food outlet concerned. With the closure of Courtyard BBQ for food, this is about the only covered seating in the park that is not directly part of a food outlet.
Liam.W

Glad to see management listening out to what people want!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

S.J_O'Grady

Liam.W wrote:Glad to see management listening out to what people want!
I want more flat rides, but they won't listen to that! ;)
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Mono09

any updates on the extraordinary golf tlc?
Justin

The benches will certainly be welcomed. Usually you would have to perch on a rock, but these will be good for families who wish to sit down and eat.
S.J_O'Grady

A few weeks ago, TLC said vines would be added to the tops of the Dark Forest fences. I'm assuming this hasn't happened yet?
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
LiamWhitehurst

The Sky Sailor wrote:A few weeks ago, TLC said vines would be added to the tops of the Dark Forest fences. I'm assuming this hasn't happened yet?
I didn't notice any today so I assume not [emoji53]
Liam.W

There was none on sunday! This might happen next closed season but hopefully that's not the case and they will be adding them later this season

zakwoolley1

Twirling toadstool is supposed to be getting a repaint soon as well.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Liam.W

zakwoolley1 wrote:Twirling toadstool is supposed to be getting a repaint soon as well.

Yes that will be done during the mid-week closures I believe.

zakwoolley1

Maybe that's when they'll add the vines in df.

S.J_O'Grady

I can't find the tweet now but I'm sure they said the vines were happening in the next few weeks. This was earlier this month I believe.
Burniel

The Sky Sailor wrote:I can't find the tweet now but I'm sure they said the vines were happening in the next few weeks. This was earlier this month I believe.
Indeed they did:
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Smiffy107

I've been following the Towers Loving Care team on twitter, I am glad they have repainted alot of the rides and much needed areas of the park ready for this year, and I've discovered that they've added new audio/music around the park including new music in the area surrounding congo river rapids, always awesome stuff
The woman asked 'spare a farthing for a beggar', the earl cruelly dismissed her, and instructed his driver to head back to the towers, scorned the old woman screamed the curse 'FOR EVERY BRANCH OF THE OLD OAK THAT FALLS, A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY WILL DIE!'
Tom170499

Looks like the Dark Forest will be getting some new audio:

Hope it is courtesy of IMAscore [-o<
S.J_O'Grady

Tom170499 wrote:Looks like the Dark Forest will be getting some new audio:

Hope it is courtesy of IMAscore [-o<
Ah yes, that's my Twitter as it happens! :lol

I'm sure IMAscore would make a good job of it if it is from them.
owenrita121

I actually really like Dark Forests music already, it would be a shame to change it! :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.